17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

CBG
    This message is hidden because CBG is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 02:49 PM

CBG
    This message is hidden because CBG is on your ignore list.

sorry Mouseketeer Annette --- let me know when somebody starts a Disneyworld favorites thread where your posts would actually be knowledgeable and I will think about reading your works of brilliance there

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

SGE = Shill if you want to continue to have a pissing match I am in.
    I think you are better off just going into seclusion as you have done several times yet you come back and post garbage.
    This thread and board is not about you-or even me for that matter---and it is not about the propaganda / garbage you have spewn. If anyone wants to know or read the truth about you or myself it is easy for them to read in black and white and there are pages of personal attack / lies / garbage that you have posted in just this thread alone. I encourage everyone especially the newbies who do not know what this Shill = sg3 is all about to go back and read some of his and mine earlier posts and they will quickly see what most of us already know about YOU SG3. You can go and post on other threads , but your true colors shined on this thread alone, you out did yourself buddy BRAVO :breakdance:
    When guys like myself called you on it you continued to make yourself look bad and then you did what you always do , said " you were leaving " only to return a day or week later. I am sorry if it offended you when guys on this board like myself / 227/ ALLEYCAT or any of the others called you on your bullshit regarding the New Stadium, the Reps, the Jets, The Psl's but sometimes the truth hurts.
    In keeping with this topic I gave up my season tix with zero regrets and $aved lots of ca$h , and I have attended all but 1 game thusfar ( my choice I could have gone to the other game as well ) I will be at the KC game and just as I have said in earlier posts you are more than welcome to continue this conversation face to face---I will buy you that beer or sodapop I promised, still my treat and don't worry I will not punch you in the face ( 20 years ago I could not make that promise :) ) , I will most likely laugh in your face :eek:fftopic:
    If you do not work for the Jets , you surely should send them your resume. You go right ahead and continue to post your BS,,,,,some might believe it , most as I said know what you are all about. Go ahead now tell us all about your list blah blah and how great the new place is blah blah or my personal favorite how it is sold out blah blah ----just remember if you ever do get thirsty I am here for you Shill,,,, I will be at the KC game ( sec 146 again )and if you grow a testicle you are welcome to come over to my tailgate if that works better for you,,, again my treat :breakdance:

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

CBG's post:

SGE = Shill if you want to continue to have a pissing match I am in.
    I think you are better off just going into seclusion as you have done several times yet you come back and post garbage.
    This thread and board is not about you-or even me for that matter---and it is not about the propaganda / garbage you have spewn. If anyone wants to know or read the truth about you or myself it is easy for them to read in black and white and there are pages of personal attack / lies / garbage that you have posted in just this thread alone. I encourage everyone especially the newbies who do not know what this Shill = sg3 is all about to go back and read some of his and mine earlier posts and they will quickly see what most of us already know about YOU SG3. You can go and post on other threads , but your true colors shined on this thread alone, you out did yourself buddy BRAVO
    When guys like myself called you on it you continued to make yourself look bad and then you did what you always do , said " you were leaving " only to return a day or week later. I am sorry if it offended you when guys on this board like myself / 227/ ALLEYCAT or any of the others called you on your bullshit regarding the New Stadium, the Reps, the Jets, The Psl's but sometimes the truth hurts.
    In keeping with this topic I gave up my season tix with zero regrets and $aved lots of ca$h , and I have attended all but 1 game thusfar ( my choice I could have gone to the other game as well ) I will be at the KC game and just as I have said in earlier posts you are more than welcome to continue this conversation face to face---I will buy you that beer or sodapop I promised, still my treat and don't worry I will not punch you in the face ( 20 years ago I could not make that promise ) , I will most likely laugh in your face
    If you do not work for the Jets , you surely should send them your resume. You go right ahead and continue to post your BS,,,,,some might believe it , most as I said know what you are all about. Go ahead now tell us all about your list blah blah and how great the new place is blah blah or my personal favorite how it is sold out blah blah ----just remember if you ever do get thirsty I am here for you Shill,,,, I will be at the KC game ( sec 146 again )and if you grow a testicle you are welcome to come over to my tailgate if that works better for you,,, again my treat

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

Mouseketeer Annette's posts are clearly better unread

what a schmuck

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

the facts remain

in terms of best views in the stadium Id' rank it as follows

LL Midfield Clubs(if you own an oil company)--some still available

LL Sidelines (high rows)- sold out

Mezz clubs - some still available

LL Sidelines (mid rows)- sold out

LL Goalline and Touchdown corner (high and mid rows)- sold out

LL Sidelines (lowest rows)- sold out

LL Goalline and TDC (lowest rows)- sold out

LL Corners -highest rows best- sold out

LL EZ - highest rows best- sold out

Mezz A- sold out

UD prime (first 4 rows)-sold out

Mezz B- sold out

UD prime (midfield - lowest rows best)- sold out

UD sidelines (lowest rows best)- sold out

UD Endzone (lowest rows best) - some still available

BUT

even the worst of those seats (row 26 in the endzone) are better than pissing away the same money riding endlessly on the "It's a small world" carousel and eating toxic hyper-expensive fried turkey legs at BoredomWorld in Orlando

#12805 sg3, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will be honest I was rooting for the Giants today---that said it was very loud when Crosby won the game lots of cheers and Packer fans in there today
    SAD WHAT THIS STADIUM HAS BECOME visiting fans are more than welcome grab as many tickets as you like--The Jets are selling them or just go to Stubhub or Ticket exchange---oceans of tickets there :sad:

#12806 CBG, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  7. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

This doesn't have as much to do with the new stadium as it does with the new technology behind scalping. We used to call it that, now it is just the "secondary market". It is the same at many stadiums across the country.

I travel a lot and have visited dozens of baseball and football stadiums across the country. It used to be you had to get to the park early and play a game of chicken with the scalpers...hoping they would lower the price to a range I was willing to pay. Now, people can sell their tickets days or weeks before the game....allowing visitors easier access to tickets they never could have gotten before.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My visit to a suite

Get this - My buddy that comes to the games with us won a Stop & Shop promotion, and took me as his guest in a suite for yesterday's Giants Packers game at Metflife Stadium. So, for one day we were able to experience the stadium from the other perspective.We had a great time since we were able to watch the entire second half of the Jets game in a Giants suite watching on the large flat screen while tuning the smaller flat screen to the Red Zone channel. We even decided to root for the Giants since we were giddy with Jet-joy after the Redskins win. It was nice for a change to leave the stadium without the emotional baggage that usually accompanies a tough loss by the home team.

We were in a suite in level 6, at about the 10 yard line (Hertz suites) so the view was very similar to my view in 342 row 2. As far as the clubs and suites go, ours was at the lower end within the suite hierarchy.

Obviously a suite is a great treat, but after the experience I have an even clearer idea of how the stadium was designed. If you're there to watch from a suite its a completely different world as you would imagine.

We entered at the VIP Hertz entrance on the east side of the stadium a bit beyond the Metlife gates. The moment you enter you are greeted by staff and directed towards the group of elevators. They take you up to your suite level, and once you at either level 5 or 6 you walk along what seems like a hotel hallway with suite doors on one side, and a balcony view down to the sideline club concessions on the other. Every step of the way, as soon as you enter and until you leave the stadium is carpeted - except for the mens room floor. Once inside the suites, you may have to leave to buy your own alcohol depending whether or not your suite host elects to pay for beer or not. In our case, we had food but not beer, so we needed to take the carpeted suite stairs - or elevators (you can choose either), down from suite level 6, past suite level 5 to the sideline club concession areas. These are the seats that have the club concessions and lounges behind them and is a somewhat open area. There's some nice food choices there, but like elsewhere in the stadium the food and drink is pricey. Most of what I saw there were items you'd be able to hunt down elsewhere - Nanna Fusco meatballs, Brooklyn Lager, etc. at the same prices as what we pay upstairs, but obviously there's never a long line. I did see some carving station sandwich options and also pizza. One aspect that did surprise me was that from inside the sideline club lounge/concession area, you really can't go over to the glass to see the field action from inside. You need to proceed outside the area to your seat. When I went down for two more Brooklyns, I was surprised to see two guys sitting at the bar watching the game on one of the TV screen behind the bar. It seemed odd to me to do that, when you could pay half the amount per drink, and watch from the bar on a bigger screen down the road at The Grasshopper Also - with other fans next to you that care about what's happening. The sideline club lounge was nice, but not too much better than what I've seen in other domed, or retractable roof stadiums.

Anyway, without too much more detail, its very obvious this stadium is two stadiums in one, It's a nicely done indoor arena, with seating built on its perimeters and roof for the rest of us. Going to a game with any type of suite ticket is a completely removed experience from what most have come to know as attending a football game. Once you pass through the initial gate you are at a completely different stadium than what most of us are experiencing each game. You don't feel connected at all to the fans seated in the lower level or the upper deck and mezzanine sections. Entering and exciting you never mix with them at all.

My reputation here is one as a complaining upper decker, though for the past three years I've only tried to point out the problems that I perceive with the hope that others agree, and maybe the complaint gets noticed by the Jets/Giants/Metlife staff. I don't begrudge anyone who has the ability to afford expensive suites and or PSL seats. But after yesterdays experience I come away convinced that they really blew it by not spreading some of the niceties around to the entire stadium. Those of you who spent big bucks on lower level PSL seats should be enjoying an enclosed nicely-decorated concourse with minimal restroom lines. Bathrooms should have a flat screen inside. Lower level concourse doesn't have to be carpeted but it ought to feel like its indoors. The folks in the upper deck should also at least have an enclosed concourse that is wider than the previous stadium with modern day accessibility, ample escalators and even some elevators. Those who've paid for Mezzanine EZ PSL seats should have a basic sheltered lounge/bar area behind them. It should not be challenge to get in and out for any of us, nor should it take 45 minutes to reach your seat from your car. These are all things that were implied as a promise to us while this stadium was being built. It's what gets my goat - the basic stadium experience is not even close to what was claimed it would be. Not for the majority of us packed dangerously awaiting the lone escalator near our car, or rambling down very crowded concrete stairs.

I had a great time yesterday in the suite. It was very nice. Staff was courteous, accommodations were lovely. Beautiful giant black and white photo murals of the GW Bridge and other NY area landmarks on the walls as you leave via escalators safely within the enclosed suite cocoon of Metlife stadium. I just wish the nice things were balanced out better throughout the entire stadium. I doubt there is another stadium in the league with such disparity.

#12808 LogeSection2RowJ, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hey LogeSection2RowJ, glad you enjoyed your day yesterday and thanks for the insight. I think you hit a homerun with your post , go ahead touch em all :beer:

For guys like myself and ALL the guys I go with and tailgate with " IT " is about the game and what is going on on the field-----for the guys that designed the place or should I say liked the design and actually thought this finished product was " THE BEST ",,,,,they struck out looking not even swinging:sad:

10. sg3

sg3 Banned

thank god for the ignore list

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the Jets & Giants Carlos Beltran'd the stadium

12. LogeSection2RowJ

Thanks CBG.

Definitely right. I was glad it was a Giants game because its a replacement for tailgating. Can't do both. The suites are for corporate entertaining, not for a true game day experience. Though I highly recommend everyone get to try it once. After all, it's where the money spent on building the stadium went in to.

#12812 LogeSection2RowJ, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm the NYJs game was over at around 1405 & the NYGs game did not start until 1415 or later so how could you be watching both games at the same time as you stated? :grin:

14. LogeSection2RowJ

Good detective work Champ - I stayed on the suite couch watching our game to completion on the flat screen.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Interesting insight. Thanks for the post. It's about what I expected. I found humorous your observation of the two guys watching the game at the bar. When I first saw pics of this I thought, "This is some kind of joke, right? People going to a live game and then sitting with their backs to the field watching it on TV?"

Your "tale of two stadiums" sounds quite accurate. There's been a lot of talk lately about "class warfare" and this is but another primo example. Surround the "haves" with obscene luxury such as direct elevators and leave the poor slobs to fend for themselves scrambling down 18 flights of concrete stairs worrying that their 9-year old will trip and be trampled to death.

But hey, as you say, if you are making so much money that it doesn't matter, and you can spend that kind of dough on "attending" faux-football games to impress others, so be it. For me, the enjoyment has always been about tailgating with family and friends and being outside in the elements watching the game live. And seriously, if I had the kind of money it takes, I really don't think I'd want to experience the game that way anyway. Call me old fashioned, but I still like my football loud, live and outside.

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

Agree completely. When I decided to plunge big bucks to move down to the LL, I briefly considered one of the Mezz Clubs. But I too don't want to shlep to New Jersey over two bridges to watch the game on TV in a club area even if the weather is inclement. First, you miss all the fun and excitement of a live NFL game and second, your seats, if you decide to sit outside in them aren't as good as those in the Lower Level non clubs (for about twice the price or more)

Very happy I decided to move down to great seats which, thankfully, I could afford and avoid most of the disadvantages you described in your posts -- the stairways, the open concourses etc.

I get to watch the games with a great view and get to exit the joint in about 45 seconds when the game is over. For me, that more than makes up for getting wet or cold a few times being outside in the elements

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LOGE I have not been lucky enough ( yet ) to be able to sit in any of the suites for a game at the new place, I can only imagine what IT is was like it is really cool if you can afford it or are able to go.
    Speaking for myself---I am still able to get great seats lower level ( NO PSL for me :) as I have friends with seats and I have bought others and have managed to bring the entire family and have zero regrets about giving them up in my name. Anyone out there/ upstairs on the fence about what life is like after you give them up, let me tell you that you will be just fine and will be able to attend ANY game you wish, without the burden of a P$L ,should you not be able to afford it or in other cases , just can't see spending that ca$h to be able to attend games!

#12817 CBG, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I want you to stop agreeing with me and particularly, to stop licking my boots. Again, we have nothing in common. Yes, I am saying that you cannot even remotely kiss my ass, not even online, as I will not allow it.

You and your caustic posts to many of my friends, like CBG, will cease.

Well... wait a minute...

Okay,... I'll still allow you to kiss my ass, but only if you cease and desist and kiss my ass publicly and that 17a can take a picture of it and publish it here on the site. Otherwise, the deal is off.

19. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Not for nothing, but if you are bitching about not selling a $125 ticket, you shouldn't be buying PSL's. Some of you guys make me laugh...

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

STUART,,I am not bitching about my buddy getting stuck with a ticket --just stating the obvious that it happens. I can tell you that in all the years I had my season tickets----at times it was hard to "give away " the tickets.
    Psl or not there are going to be times when guys GET stuck with the tickets and as bad as it was getting stuck with tickets years ago , it must really blow to get stuck with tickets no matter what the price when you add on the price of a PSL on top of it.