Marshawn Lynch?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Zach, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i would avoid it. Lynch is an idiot, and if memory serves is one strike from a major suspension. I don't see him as a great back and we already have Greene, Powell and Mcknight on the roster (and possibly LT back as well). No reason to sign someone who isnt a game changer, let our young guys develop and give them some chances.

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

He'll command a decent contract... Lt would have to go. Comes with alot of baggage. But he's a Young down hill runner. Idk if I'd take the chance... I'd rather hope for Trent Richardson to fall to us

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

richardson is all but asured of a top 10 pick barring injury in the title game. We already have too many wins for us to also have a top 10 pick. Barring the most unlikely of miracles (which probably requires an injury) which could make him not the same guy anymore.

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

People said the same thing about Kyle Wilson and look where he fell

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

no. really against trying to find a feature RB in FA.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

find me one person who thought Kyle Wilson was a consensus top 10 pick during the season. Just one 'expert'.

During the year the talk was all about Joe Haden and how he might be the next best thing to Revis. During the Combine and senior bowl Wilson proved to be the #2 corner prospect (at least to us he did) and then there was significant talk about him being taken over Joe Haden by cleveland. then it did not happen and two teams took guys they felt fit their scheme better than wilson. Wilson was a guy who could have gone anywhere from 5 to 35, depending on team need/scheme. Richardson is a transcendent talent and much like Adrian Peterson and Darren Mcfadden will go very early purely because he has the talent to be an incredible game changer. I'm as big of a Wilson fan as anyone, but Richardson from a pure talent and athleticism perspective is on a whole nother level, separate positions be damned.

The only consensus top 10 pick to plummet from the last 5 years (to my knowledge anyways) was last year, when Da'quon Bowers fell like a rock due to the incredible concerns about his knee injury, and the longevity of his career. If Richardson is available at #12 it is a steal, and I can't see him sliding.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Thats all I need it comes down to the moment and with FA behind u. Anything can happen with a players stock. Not every team drafts BPA

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

and I gave you two examples of guys who are much better comparisons (and are even guys who were rated similarly coming out of college as Richardson is/will be) Mcfadden and Peterson were prospects with transcendent talent at a position that no longer was drafted that high unless you are a major difference maker. Those guys turned out to be, and so will Richardson.

Some guys (like Wilson) are guys that could go anywhere from 5-35 they have talent and athelticism and good instincts and whatnot, but they are system guys, if they fit your system great, if not, then you pass by without a second thought.

then there are guys like Mcfadden, Peterson and Richardson. These guys are so talented and so athletic that you have to take them unless you have a very good alternative already on your roster (or a QB is available to you). Some guys are so supremely talented, they just will be top 10 picks.

It is what it is. Richardson is one of those guys, Wilson is not/wasn't. Nothing against K-dub, cuz i love the guy, but he just isnt likely to be that kind of a difference maker. Having said that, I hope he goes out and becomes Revis part II, I just won't be holding my breath.

10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I totally understand but you never know is all i am saying. I hear where your coming from tho just trying to have some optimism lol

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i know. Your premise is one I live my drafts by now. There will always be a faller. If you hold your ground and wait (unless there is a can't miss, must have guy) someone who can play will fall in your lap. When there is a ton of talent on the board, somebody has to fall to you, and all but maybe 5-6 guys a year could be the faller. Unfortunately for you (and a whole lot of other fans/fanbases out there) Richardson just happens to be one of that handful of guys immune to falling this upcoming draft. again barring injury of course.

12. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody could slip him a few pot brownies before the combine piss test... :smile: :wink:

13. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Meh, I'd rather have McKnight as a 2, and draft someone like LaMichael James in a mid round if available or Jeff Demps in a late round to fill a Darren Sproles type role which Sanchez would thrive with someone like that out of the backfield.

14. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Same here.

That said, I love Marshawn Lynch. He's quite possibly one of the stupidest men on the planet, but my God does he play hard. You aren't arm-tackling Beast Mode, ever. He wasted a few years by being stuck in Buffalo, but he's a boss.

(NSFW)
    [YOUTUBE]U0GXdQdDLKM[/YOUTUBE]

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

People never said that about WIlson... he was never a top 10 talent.

16. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

As if Buffalo held him back....He did quite well in a bad offense but all his off the field antics were brought on by himself, had nothing to do with "being stuck in Buffalo"

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

part of my initial point. if he can get into that much trouble in buffalo can ou imagine the disaster of him in NYC?

18. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'd argue that being in an offense led by JP Losman and Trent Edwards held him back, yeah.

19. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

you guys act like he's not still stuck in a terrible offense

20. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Darren Sharper...HOLD MAH DICK!!!:lol: