Week 13 Jets @ Redskins discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 27, 2011.

1. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

looks like we're going with the kendrick formation on sunday

2. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I think the pass rush is better with K.Ellis in the middle. He seems a little quicker and better able to push the pocket and disrupt blockers. Not saying he's fundamentally as good as Devito but he does some things more explosively.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Very glad to see KE getting the start.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

LaRon Landry is not playing.

Go find a link

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The 'Skins decent pass rush is the only thing that worries me.

6. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

If our o-line doesn't contain orakpo and kerrigan then this will be another ravens type game. As for their offense, it doesn't scare me. This will be a close one.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I guess the Jets have played that bad lately that people are treating the Redskins like they are the Ravens or Steelers or something. Sad.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I agree. Jet fans worry way too much.
    The Redskins are awful. They're not a playoff caliber team. just look at the roster. we faced 6 other teams that aren't playoff teams this year ... 5-1 (goddamn Tebow!). Am I supposed to be worried because they have three or four guys who can play?

we're not losing this game ... and we're not losing to the chiefs either.
    I'll start worrying when we play the Eagles. Their record sucks, but at least they have a ton of talent.

#108 truthbtold, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When sewer dwellers like the 'Skins start thinking they have a shot at pulling a W out of their asses, it can mean only one thing:

It's time to start beating some NY Football Jets respect into our opponents.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Playing on the road against a team that utilizes an effective passing game to their tight ends, plus a solid pass rush, should add up to another afternoon of agita.

Hopefully the Jets pull this one out and inch closer to the playoffs.

11. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Yea I know where your coming from, another pepsi bismol Sunday beckons.
    My only hope for a Commodore Sunday is that we haven't shown anything like a complete game yet and I think the Kid thrives on confidence and after his heroics last week he's gotta be high.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Come on the Redskins offense is garbage. They just lost 6 in a row before winning last week. Their D is good but if this offense puts up over 17 points our D had a horrible day. Their D a solid pass rush but mediocre secondary play.

#112 Milliner is your Mommy, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Sex Cannon Rex Grossman with 4 picks tomorrow

14. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I think we win, 26-20.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets 1-8 all time vs. the Redskins. The Good news: I was at that 1 game. My first game I ever went to. I was 5. And i'll be at tomorrow's game. :up:

16. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

17. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No predictions from me, this team is far too inconsistant...i'm just going to state the obvious. If the team is going to make the playoffs this is a must win game...granted all our remaining games are really must win games, but this one if we can't win I don't hold much hope for the other games...okay maybe the KC game.....

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Road games in the NFL are always difficult. Washington isn't terrible. They have a pass rush, which could possibly self-destruct us. Helu has looked pretty good when he's gotten the chance, though I'm not completely sold on him. Moss is back, but I can't see Revis letting him do too much.

The key to this game will be for the defense to force turnovers. Rex Grossman will take some chances to move the team down the field, the opposite of what Sanchez has been doing. Unfortunately for Rex, that also leads to a lot of interceptions and a lot of catchable balls for the defense. Our defense needs to force at least 2 or 3 turnovers.

Otherwise, we could have some trouble the way our offense has been floundering. If you look at the yardage numbers, there isn't a ton of difference between the Jets (-4) and Redskins (-8). That's why we need to win the turnover battle. That's true every game, as we just don't have that much margin for error the way we've played.

I think we will win the turnover battle. I think we'll win this game, and I think we'll look pretty good doing it, giving us some hope for down the stretch.

I would love for it to be a resounding victory. I hope good Sanchez shows up, and the Jets win the game in style, like last year's team would have done. Rex should give us enough chances defensively to make difference-making plays for us to coast to victory, but we need to make those plays and take advantage of them with touchdowns.

The Jets have done well in the red zone all year. If the defense can give the offense a short field more often than usual, hopefully we can take advantage.

Orakpo and Kerrigan are a very tough duo who can get after the QB and give us issues. They'll stifle our offense on occasion, but we need to fight through that.

I would kill to see us make a big play down the field. Sanchez has one pass play of 40+ yards all year. One! That's 32nd among quarterbacks.

19. JetsFan001

JetsFan001 New Member

This game is the nail in the coffin for the Jets' season. Too much inconsistency by this team to be confident that they deserve even a playoff spot in 2011. Personnel changes are in order for 2012, as well as the acquisition of a healthy backup quarterback. 2012 will also be Sanchez' make-or-break year as a Jet.

#119 JetsFan001, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Doubt it. Play Conservative and just Wear down our oppenent