Our cap situation next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by THUNDER, Dec 1, 2011.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Easily one of the worst posts you'll ever read on here.. take note, everyone.

The baseless and unneeded shot at Scott, the line about screwing the veterans, everything.. just hilariously bad.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

He just won't let some of his crap from the offseason go.

Word of advice Martin, stick to talking about what's going on right now. You go off your rocker once we get into offseason stuff.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

In short:
    [​IMG]

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The biggest problems are:

Pace (7.3 with 9.1 g), Scott (5.9 with 7.2 g) and Cromartie (8.2 with 10.5 g) don't deserve anything near the money they'll be making mext year.
    Sanchez (14.2 with 5 g) is over-paid because of how the rookie contracts worked back when he was drafted.

Pace contract was a semi-mistake but you have to consider how much the Jets needed a 34 OLB at the time and overall how the team was performing. So Tanny gets a pass on that. He is also a solid all-round starter and, out of the 4, the one that most deserves what he is being paid. His contract for next year is guaranteed but I'm ok with that as he will still be a starter.

Scott has been essential in bringing in the Rex's mentality and in helping our team learn how to play Rex's D. However I feel like after 3 seasons he has outstayed his welcome. In part because of declining skills (but he is still a solid player, just not an 8 mill one) and in part because of teams being in nickel and dime so much (he's on the field for what, 50% of our snaps?). I understand if Tanny hadn't offered him what he offered at the time we wouldn't have gotten him but all in all I think it was a moronic move to guarantee Scott's contract for next year. Tanny mistake imo.
    Also, are we all so sure Rex will actually have the balls to cut him or ask Scott to reduce his salary when it will be needed? I'm not so sure.

Cromartie's contract was pretty smart if you look at it (http://www.nyjetscap.com/antoniocromartie.html), too bad 2012 is the only year in which he has a BIG contract and in which we can't cut him. I fully expect him to be gone in 2013 at those numbers but for next year he'll certainly be a problem for the salary cap.

Sanchez is owed a ton of money next year (14 mill)... but I have a feeling he'll be extended by the end of the year and restructure his 2012 cap number.

#24 Mambo9, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

ive seen jet fans, and other fans make threads for 6 years saying we will be in "cap hell"

its never happened. until it does i will worry.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

this is probably a good way to look at it. They said we would be fucked the day Tanny took over. Then he went on a spending spree, "don't worry two years, they will be fucked." Then he brings in favre "haha 1 year window, next year cap hell." The Rex shows up, hello Bart Scott, Lito Sheppard, Mark Sanchez, Jim Leonhard and Marcus Dixon, plus Braylon mid year. "How the fuck is he still doing this? Cap hell is right around the corner." Enter Cro, Holmes, LT and others. "WTF is this shit, where is cap hell??!?!?!?!!?" tanny cuts people before the league year ends. New CBA "CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!! only team in the league that knew cap penalties to be forgiven if cut pre-cba!!!! Fuckin jets intern Goodell! bastard tipped them off!!!"

Tanny is a fuckin wizard. I really don't think he allows a contract to come into existence without measuring it 6 ways to sunday for the life of the deal. He probably has mapped out the years he plans to approach them about restructuring, when to cut them, and when to plan on an extension (for young guns like Revis and Sanchez). Until the man makes a money mistake, I don't ever want him going anywhere else.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Don't forget the unused cap money from this year carries over to next year and that is somewhere around $7-9 million if I recall correctly.

8. mrodriguez4096

mrodriguez4096 New Member

So who do you think your team will realistically target this off-season assuming you don't make the playoffs?

I would assume depths for your o-line would be a must. But I am curious if there would be any likely starters your team might target at any position?

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If we dont make the playoffs or Sanchez's play does not improve dramatically then I cannot see him wanting to try to negotiate an extension off his play this year - unless he fancies going from $14m a year to $4m (which is closer to his actual value).

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I'm firmly convinced that you wake up every morning and say to yourself, "Let me see if I can talk out of my ass a little more today than I did yesterday."

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well sorry if you dislike my opinion of how most of this board thinks :sad:

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Baseless shot at Scott? Tell him to make a tackle. Anything but baseless.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

You were a lot more useful to the board, when you weren't posting.

14. #28Martin

First off, i've had numerous tremendous discussions on the board and have actually been quite satisfied with the back and forths as of late so I don't know where that BS comment comes from, but that being said,,, Scott stinks,,, sorry you can't handle that. Not saying that to get a rise, not saying that to upset anyone,,, saying that cause that's what it is... Deal with it.

It's absolutely amazing how I can go back and forth with many excellent posters week after week,,, and then someone whose a moderator posts that. Unbelievable.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I posted it, because it's true. I've been monitoring your posts since you've come back to the board. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the games.

FTR, you don't have the slightest idea what Scott's role is on this team. Not a clue.

16. #28Martin

Nah, I have a clue on his role. And his role this season is to be on the sideline next to Rex, cause he can't cover anyone and root everyone on. Believe me, I have a clue.

Anyone who watched the Bills game saw that Scott did as much that game as I did. He had one or two good games early in the season, other then that he's been a non factor and you can play pretend and somehow turn this around by trying to insult me, but you write this down and save it so you don't forget,,,,,HE ISN'T A JET NEXT SEASON UNLESS HE TAKES A MAJOR MAJOR PAYCUT,,,, which backs up everything i'm saying.

CAN'T WAIT !!!!

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It's not even worth arguing with you about it, since it's like talking to a brick wall. You and the wall would have the same understanding of what Bart Scott does, the way this defense works, and football in general.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm not insulting you. You're taking care of that on your own.

I'm not going to assume why Bart was on the sideline, that's between him and Rex. But anybody who watches the games knows Bart is a big part of the defense, and has a clear/defined role.

Desean Jackson was benched last week in the 4th quarter, does that mean he sucks all of a sudden, should the eagles cut him immediately?

That's how fucking stupid you sound.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

You know.. Adrian Peterson comes out on offense sometimes too. I guess that means he sucks as well. If you aren't in on every single play, you are a dog shit player. 28Martin said so, and he clearly is very knowledgeable.

When teams are coming out passing and spreading them out, Scott is going to come out in favor of another d-back. Harris is the coverage linebacker. It's that simple. When teams are going to run, Scott is in there, doing a very good job.

20. #28Martin

This is where you lose it. You say your not gonna assume why Bart is on the sideline? WHATTTT???????

HE CAN'T COVER ANYONE, HE'S TAKEN OUT AND ON THE SIDELINE FOR PASSING DOWNS, HE'S NOT PART OF THAT PACKAGE !!!! Geez, you accuse me of not watching the games but somehow you watch the games but can't figure out that Bart can't cover anyone and therefore hits the bench when it's a passing down. Unbelievable.