Wow Schotty..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by raphac, Nov 30, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

To me, that's the whole problem. If he was throwing better passes on alot of the completions, he'd be not only gaining more yards, but not getting his WR's killed. Watch when Holmes runs his slant how many times the pass is on his back hip when he catches it. And Burress is such a big easy target to throw to and he almost never throws him a perfect pass. Often it's Burress making a great catch, or Burress catching one on his back hip. Same with Keller. Last game, that great catch Keller made, tip it with one hand and bringing it down. He was wide open, there was no reason for him to have to make such an outstanding catch there.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I think you're being too kind his slant throws are all over the place, high, low and wide...erratic...it almost looks they never practiced together...

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

You are wrong.

Going all the way back to 1978 a 300 yard passing game gives you a better chance to win. When you look at recent seasons the winning perecentage of 300 yard passers is even higher.

From 2009:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4587996

Quarterbacks who have thrown for 300 yards this season are 29-10, a winning percentage of .743. That represents the best winning percentage since the NFL expanded the schedule to 16 games in 1978, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Combined with last season, when 300-yard passers were 47-28-1, that's a .665 winning mark in 2008-2009. The aggregate winning percentage for QBs who threw for more than 300 yards in a game from 1978 to 2007 was just .504. In that stretch, 300-yard passers won fewer than 55 percent of their games in 25 of 30 seasons.

#103 Organized Chaos, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I'd file the gr8 pass concepts with the Rivers remark.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so take one random year(from a random point in that year) and that proves your point?

Again, some teams are built to win by throwing for 300+, those are the elite QBs on elite teams so the #s get skewed, outside of those big guys the win %s drop way down.

6. nyjunc

He can't get them all right.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Rivers is an amazing quarterback other then this year. Most people are claiming hes playing hurt but even if he's not Id give him a pass because of his past success.

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

rivers isnt hurt. Rivers is sucking because i drafted him in my fantasy league and every player i touch turns to shit.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

McKnight is actually wide open there...

10. Organized Chaos

Did you not read the article, or are you arguing just to argue? Given what it says under your avatar, I'm guessing you'll post anything illogical at this point just to argue.

What I posted was the 30 year winning percentage of Quarterbacks that throw over 300 yards. From 1978-2008. That win percentage was slightly over .500 which proves your original point wrong.

Lets reread what you posted again:

In fact, you're even more wrong if we look at the winning percentage of 300 yard games by QB's in the past few seasons (which was partially in the last post too).

2009-69.5%
    2008-62.5%
    2007-53%
    2006-56%

So not only were you wrong on the long term stat, but you're even more wrong on recent NFL history.

You're also wrong about Brian Schottenheimer, his system sucks.

#110 Organized Chaos, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  11. nyjunc

AGAIN, those #s are skewed b/c the elite QBs win most of their games. There are only a few elite guys, take their #s out and it goes the other way. I already showed you a bunch of good QBs from this year that have losing records when throwing for 300+.

Only a few teams are built to win w/ QBs throwing for 200 yds+, most teams are not and lose more often than not when their QBs throw for 300+ yds.

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Yeah for a half second, but he would have had two defenders right on top of him very quickly if Sanchez had thrown to him - the safety was just sitting there staring at Mark's eyes and the DB covering Kerley was already breaking in that direction. He probably had a better chance of getting the first than Kerley did, but only by a very small margin. Bottom line is that play design was awful.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That was my point :wink:

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez is not Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers. Are you even listening to what junc is saying? More accurate Qbs to compare him to are Alex Smith or Flacco.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Look at the top of the screen: 1 CB is able to effectively cover 2 WRs.

Way to "spread the Offense." Fuckin pathetic.

16. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Not really, Ihedigbo could have actually jumped the route and picked it off if he was watching Mark's eyes, and even if Mcknight did catch it McCourtey is right there to stop him short. Shit playcalling

17. Organized Chaos

Firstly, that does not make a difference. Your original statement was just that 300 yard QB's lose more than they win. Do you agree now that premise is false?

What makes a QB elite? What makes him have great stats? Would these elite QB's like Rogers or Brees have 300 yard games in the "3 step shotty" short passing system? Probably not. It's QB and Coordinator that combine for great statistics, which gets back to the original point, Shotty drags down the statistics of every QB that has played under him. It's not just 300 yard games (which we got on the topic of because of Junc's incorrect statement).

Look at TDs, INTs, Yards, Average Yards Per Reception..We can throw out Sanchez. Feel free. Shotty still wasn't getting 300 yard games out of fucking Favre who is a HOF QB. Pennington left and had a career year. Both of their stats shot up when they left.

The stats say that playing under Shotty's offense lowers a QB's stats. Then we have the anecdotal stuff like four curl routes for 8 yards being run when the Jets need 10. Or the clusterfuck int play from the bills game. All of it points to the fact that brian schottenheimer is not a good offensive coordinator.

Now maybe Sanchez isn't a good QB, or our O-Line sucks, or whatever else. That doesn't change the fact that Shotty is a problem. He's been here for six years, and has never had a top 10 offense despite plenty of talent (and contrasting talent) at the QB position along with a great run game.

He should go.

18. #28Martin

I want to know why Ihedigbo wasn't considered good enough to play safety for the Jets, but he's right in there starting and playing well for the Pats. I know the Pats are injured at that position, but still.

19. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Rex is big on Eric Smith and Jimmy, and we also have Pool. I liked Dig but he was horrendous in coverage which is why I think they let him walk, not worth the money and roster spot.

He's starting on the Pats because as you mentioned, injuries and depth problems

20. #28Martin

That's another thing I don't understand. Eric Smith was really good the second half of last season, like something clicked and he had taken the next step. Then you watch him this season and it's like that never happened.