Trent Dilfer on Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Dec 1, 2011.

1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

via his twitter

#filmstudy Sanchez: Biggest flaw I notice right now is that is eyes are lying to his feet! Eyes are bouncing instead of staying calm & level

#filmstudy Sanchez: When your eyes bounce, u your footwork gets frenetic instead of rhythmical.Once this happens you pocket presence suffers

#filmstudy Sanchez:Worse O-line play than yrs past contribute, but r not excuse. Demons get loud, but the really good ones fight them off.

#filmstudy grammar correction: When your eyes bounce,your footwork gets frenetic instead of rhythmical.Once this happens, accuracy is tough

#filmstudy Sanchez' bouncing eyes: Think of being on a bumpy road in a car driving 60 & trying to read the small print on a street sign.

#filmstudy Sanchez: Pocket presence & the ability to manipulate the pocket smoothly allows a QB to be accurate to 2-4 in their progressions

#filmstudy Sanchez: He has actually been very good this year throwing to his primary target, his eyes & feet stay calm & stroke is quicker

#filmstudy Sanchez:Big blame goes to rec as well this year, inconsistent routes makes it hard to trust them. Rec butchered audible TD vs Den

#filmstudy Sanchez: Schotty haters need to chill, solid run schemes, gr8 pass concepts, balanced play calling. This is a player issue!

#filmstudy Sanchez/Schotty:GR8 adjustment w/protection schemes by Schotty vs Bills.Added backs & TE chip/thump help.Made Sanchez comfortable

#filmstudy Sanchez: Everything that has gone wrong w/Jets 2011 O & Mark specifically is correctable. Takes HUGE investment & self awareness

#filmstudy Jets/Schotty: Plenty of deep routes called, QB not pulling trigger & rec/O-line not allowing success. U can't see it on TV copy

2. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

He complimented Schotty. Dilfer obviously doesn't know anything.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. The Mak

The Mak New Member

[​IMG]

5. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

Great Gifs lmfaoooo

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Why did he have to mention schotty at all. This thread is now over before it ever begins.

7. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

Hahaha, fans thinking that they know more than Dilfer... I don't like Schotty, but Dilfer OBVIOUSLY knows what he's talking about a lot more than you!

8. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

solid pass concepts rofl eat a dik dilfer

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Who cooks the eggs the morning after Scotty or Dilfer?

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Like the Ravens the Jets would have won a SB with Dilfer at QB. That's how good this team is.

I'm guessing anything that has gone wrong with any top 5 draft pick is correctable. Certainly that falls on the coaching unless the GM screwed up. Not correcting your top players bad habits has lead to the dismisal of numerous coaches and GM's.

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I always chuckle when people think they know more than someone who played the game and had some level of success doing so.

That said, he has hopes for Sanchez if he fixes his mechanics, I'll accept that even though I'm personally very down on Sanchez right now.
    he's said Schotty's doing a good job, I personally wouldn't agree but I'm not going to call someone who played the game and knows the game wrong....

And that goes to anyone on here who's played the game on the NFL level, if you've been there I may disagree, but I won't come out and call you wrong either :)

13. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

Does Madden count?

14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

This...
    I love how internet forum posters think they know everything because they've watched football on TV or have been to a lot of games. Dilfer was a pro qb and gets paid to study film all day every day. The guy knows his shit.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Dilfer is the best analyst on ESPN, the man knows what he is talking about.

16. HOI

HOI Active Member

Some posters on this board are one step away from being a NFL head coach...you havent noticed?

I just shut out the Steelers in the SB of my 2014 Madden season...Im calling the Jags about their job opening.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Damn, Dilfer really likes talking about Sanchez.

Maybe he's a fan of his GQ spread more than he is of him as a QB?

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

While I've been vocal about my dislike of Schotty since Favre was here, this is quite telling.
    Unlike many, Dilfer has always gushed praise about Sanchez, so I'll take these criticisms (which most can see anyway) as objective. Hopefully they / he gets this shit figured out.

That being said, Sanchez is playing poorly, but that doesn't necessarily exonerate Schottenheimer, but he is FAR from the only problem..... Rex needs to get a handle of this team.

19. DanR

DanR Active Member

[​IMG]

#19 DanR, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  20. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I don't think I've ever heard of the "bouncy eyes" issue before when describing happy feet. I can buy that a little bit, since we all know Sanchez sometimes struggles with his progressions. Schotty aside, I do agree with him that this is a coachable fix.