Leonhard Blasts Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Nov 29, 2011.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The right I'm talking about is spending tons of cash and expecting a better product.......that isn't "moronic" to me.

Holme's POV was offbase and hasn't nothing to do with Fan's expressing their right to be vocal.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It's certainly IS Ryan's mouth that's increasing expectations. Unfortunately, it also increases other team's resolve to shut that mouth up. Every year, Ryan does his Patrick Ewing thing and just like Ewing, you're starting to hear a soft chuckle when Ryan goes "Homer" in his pressers. We won those payoffs games but that's not what was being sold to the fanbase was it? Did Ryan come in and say: "we're going the AFCCG" two years running? He sold this fanbase false hope by hyping this team waaay beyond what its talent level was capable of.

Remember that alot of this is PR as well. Woody had to legitimize his PSL prices and get people talking about the Jets. What better vehicle for that than a boistrous Coach with a famous lineage. Suddenly, Jet swag became fashionable and that means money. People were talking about the Jets and lucking into the playoffs in '09 certainly helped.

Some fans are estatic that we're not the laughing stock of the AFC anymore. They will accept anything gratefully and will never, ever, see anything bad regarding this team. Homers are a franchise's best friend.

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Rex said the team was going to meet Obama in the white house. Rex said he was going to change the culture of the team. While he hasn't delivered on the first, he has delivered on the second for sure.

There is a difference between being a homer and booing your team. We have had some extremely key injuries this season, after going to 2 championship games, and are still in the hunt this year.

In 42 years can you point to a 3 year run like this?

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm not getting the point across.

1) If I'm spending a ton of money on a PSL I care about the quality of the product I'm getting. If things aren't going well I think it's a smart decision to encourage and cheer for my team because it might lead to a better product/entertainment.
    Instead ventning out my feelings like a pussy will most likely not make things better.

2) In the case of a sport it's not just about the money, it's a bout the love for the team. And I think if you just whine about everything (like the fans booing) there is no way you're helping the team you love get out of a tough situtation.

And don't get me wrong... I'm not saying a fan shouldn't complain. But complaining at the stadium (especially after 2 winning seasons and with 5-5 record) just doesn't make sense to me. On the internet we can be whiny bitches all we want... but in the stadium you have to show some god damn dignity.

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Jets fans have a had a love-hate relationship with the QB since I became a fan way back with Richard Todd shitting the bed in the Mud Bowl.
    Between Todd, O'Brien, Esiason, O'Donnell, Foley, Testaverde, Pennington, Favre and Sanchez (and other sprinkles like Lucas and Bollinger), I have never known this fan base to be in love with a single QB collectively because they've all been replaceable.
    Vinny might have gotten the most love in my lifetime and that's only because he came in with no pressure or expectations, and took us a Dave Meggett fumble away from
    the Super Bowl.

Jim Leonard should spend his free time blasting Cromartie and Smith and Pool and all of the other turds in the backfield not named Revis that fail us week in and week out.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The fans were booing at halftime of the Bengals game last year

7. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

During intros not cool....during the game for poor play is free game.

The problem with jet fans is they blame current players for the last 40+ years of struggles. This kid took us to two straight championship games in his first two years and he gets booed at home during intros after a few bad games?? That is not going to make guys want to be jets. Let's remember it's the d that let us down in those 2 championship games not our qb.

8. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Agreed on both counts. Boo Sanchez all you want for his terrible first half, but he's a Jet and he deserves a warm welcome in his home stadium.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i look at things this way - i have been a fan for 30 years...prior to rex and sanchez I saw the Jets in 2 AFC championship games...in the last 2 years I have seen them in 2. Until they show they can't do it when week 17 is over I won't boo. I'll get pissed off and annoyed, but this team has shows an uncanny ability to play well when everyone says they are done.

10. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Excellent and I sure do agree with you.

11. Kentucky Jet

AGREED! Leonard is lucky to still be a starter. he has also played poorly and deserves to be booed.

12. FLorida-Jet

FLorida-Jet Banned

Exactly. As I've mentioned in a previous post, it's not right to attack/boo a 3rd year quarterback who's not only been to consecutive AFC Championship games during his first two seasons in the league, but has also managed to perform at a high level of play come the postseason. Say what you say about the struggles of Sanchez, but this kid is a winner when it matters the most; which is during pressure moments and clutch situations. After 6 career road playoff games, only Joe Montana, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Bart Starr and Aaron Rodgers have a career postseason QB rating that's higher than the postseason QB rating of Sanchez, which is currently at 94.3.

I'm also with you on this Rex and Sanchez regimi as well. Before Rex and Sanchez took over, the only time I've ever seen the Jets play during an AFC Championship game was against the Broncos back in 1998 under Parcells and Broadway Vinny. 11 years went by until I seen another championship game. Ryan and Sanchez has taken us there during consecutive seasons. How quickly some fans forget, all because of 5 regular season loses during only their 3rd year in town.

13. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

There is a difference between Booing a player for making a bad play and Booing a player during MOTHER FUCKING PRE GAME INTRODUCTIONS

Has Derek Jeter ever been booed before a fucking game?

14. FLorida-Jet

FLorida-Jet Banned

Not that I recall. But then again, it's not fair to compare Sanchez to a Jeter type of living legend. Even after Jeter's recent struggles at the plate, it'll be heartless of Yankee fans to boo one of the greatest Yankees of all-time because of struggles due to aging.

15. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I didnt hear any boos either and i was there. Sanchez was acutally the last man announced and got the revis smoke intro. Jimmy I booed you mr miss tackle

16. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

This. Spot on. Nice post, Mambo. Nothing good or constructive comes from booing. It's a way for people to voice their displeasure while hiding in a crowd basically. No one would boo him to his face. As well you shouldn't. Just because these guys make tons of money and you spend tons of money to go to the games doesn't make it right or smart. You have the right to. It's just dumb to do so. We all want the Jets to win and making disapproving noises at someone just doesn't help.

A note to all fans for the next home game. STFU unless you're cheering your team on. No one forced you to buy the tickets.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol @ people thinking this is a real thing

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Wait, it's not? I have been presented falsehoods all this time. :sad:

19. Kentucky Jet

But they did buy tickets and can do as they please re booing. I do not like it but this is their right. Sanchez can play great and he will NOT be booed in NY ever. If he continues to play bad should the fans still applaud for him ? What should they do? The fans booed Joe Walton; Paul Hackett, Schotty but only Sanchez deserves not to be booed in your mind? I prefer to see respect for all our personnel at home but I am not telling ticket buying fans to shut up.

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Seriously?

Did you just compare 3 long tenured coaches to player that was barely old enough to drink when we drafted him?

You old timer Jets fans (and trust me, I'm catching up) just expect these kids to come in here and be perfect. It's sad really.

All of the "elite" quarterbacks playing right now were either flawed in their first few years or sat the bench their first few years.

Any "fan" that boos anyone on their team that has been playing well for the most part over the past couple seasons should just turn in their man cards.