Stevie Johnson's TD celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjrkm06, Nov 27, 2011.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He was actually fine until he dropped at the end while making fun of Holmes' plane celebration.

I thought the joke he made at the end of the game where he dropped two passes that would have easily been TDs was funnier.

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Costas just railed on him. Typically patronizing and snobbish, but his point was asking why guys like Johnson and DeSean Jackson constantly do selfish things like this that hurt the team?

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It's no big surprise that it's overwhelmingly wide receivers who do this stuff. They are the biggest divas in sports. It's very ironic, of course, since they are also the most dependent players in sports - everything they do is completely at the whim of someone else.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

TDs celebrations that mock another player's misfortune (whether that misfortune is stupid or not) have no place in the NFL. Johnson got what he deserved - a penalty and a bunch of miscues that cost his team the game. Too bad.

5. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

stevie johnson is another example of a 'todays athlete' me first, and putting there team in bad situations, his celebration cost them 15 yards on the kickoff, a drive which we got a td on, due to the short field.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Plax or Holmes should have went down the Bills sideline near Johnson and say "WHY SO SERIOUS?" after the drops.

I don't mind the dance(Costas killed Johnson) but it makes you wonder why Mike Vick never got mocked for what he did. Then again you know dog organizations would go batshit crazy for anything mocking Vick.

#46 BakerMaker, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The funny part is this dude was a 7TH rounder from last season

7th rounders/undrafted players are the most humble ones in the game too due to having to play with a chip on their shoulder and all. Its the 1st round guys that have that ego.

8. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Dude cost his team the game with the ensuing penalty and horrid drops at the end. All these guys who spend more time preparing their celebrations than they do on their craft are a joke. T.O, Braylon, Moss etc....locker room cancers who ultimately end up running themselves out of town because they put themselves ahead of the team. I laughed at the guy, not with him.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it has been pointed out to me that what was previously here made no sense.

#49 alleycat9, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  10. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Your post makes no sense.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats entirely possible. :)

im saying it was kinda funny. we also got a 15 yard penalty for it. which led to a td.

so i got to laugh and the jets got a td because he did it.

i would have been pissed if a jet did it and the jets got a 15 yard penalty and the other team scored because of it.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This.

In all honestly, I was waiting for him to fuck up, and sure enough, he did when it really mattered.

13. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Bottom line is Johnson embarrassed himself. He not only drops huge passes at the end but rt after his td Plaxico scores a td and takes humbling bows to the crowd. I never seem karma act so fast.

The celebration was creative but totally stupid and uncalled for. A fellow player spent years in jail away from family and that supposed to be a joke? I think he would've made fun of the do the sanchez, bcuz that's a crappy song.

But o well, what a way to ruin a good performance by dropping passes and losing a must win game

14. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Delusional RT “@StevieJohnson13: I can't believe u guys telling me I "dropped" the GWinner. Pitt was a drop. This was QB&WR not on same pg"

For a change, Cimini is right.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Whoever did the video editing for Costas's piece did well. Very nice job of gathering some of the biggest jackasses and their self-aggrandizing celebrations.

16. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty funny.

The sad part is that society spent the money to lock plax up for 20 months for being an idiot and shooting himself.

17. Shemy

Shemy Member

after we beat em again next season, depending on whoever scores (Holmes or Plax), Mark should throw them a underhand pass and they drop the ball, and point to the sky indicating it was God all along

18. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

How abt celebrating the missed superbowl kick, or losing 15 superbowls in a row?
    Buffalo Bills a NY team???

19. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Honestly, it'd be hilarious to see someone make fun of the "wide right" incident after a TD in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

How do you pantomime drowning a dog?