A reader's plea

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ulrich, Nov 27, 2011.

1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Why? I don't care how old you are or how much you get paid. You think 80,000 people booing you is necessary?

Yeah, I get it, you paid good money to go to the game and you want the team to win. The underlying point of that is you want the team to win. What kind of sick satisfaction is there to get out of booing? "Oh, I'm so glad we just let him know he screwed up. That felt really good." Call me one of those people that just doesn't get it. I wouldn't be happy with spending $200 and watching my team lose. But I'm also smart enough to know that if I want the team to win, basically heckling them is only adding to the mountain they'd have to climb to do so.

I guarantee no player gets booed and afterwards thinks, "I'm so glad they booed me. It really lit a fire under me."

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Not sure if you've been paying attention but he's a pretty good poster.

3. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

That would be nice. But you didn't have to think "you" meant you.

I'm fully aware that I'm complaining about complaining. But then again I'm posting in the name of people who don't post.

I could be construed as a darksider. I thought we could go 12-4 or 8-8. I think our team is far from great. I think Schottenheimer isn't the best OC for the Jets. I think Mark has been mediocre at best, though I hope for improvement. I'm just saying that the previous statements repeated ad nauseum make fairly poor reading material.

No.
    I mentioned a change in tone; it's been more of a sea-change these past few weeks.
    That depends if you take the above post entirely seriously, as some people seem to have, as if I was really trying to change the culture of debate on this site. I'm venting too, pointedly but I hope cogently. Though I've been following this site and others for a few years, I fully understand that I don't have much say in the matter since I precisely enjoy reading the site and not posting. But I stand by my morally indefensible point: since the Jets lost to the Patriots, I keep reading the same criticisms of the same players and the same coaches in practically the same terms in thread after thread, and especially the same childish glee in saying something unpleasant. Give me intelligent criticism any day (as long as I don't have to provide it).

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree with Ulrich. It's somewhat redundant negative discourse.

I've sort of distanced myself with the team, trying to not hinge emotionally whether the Jets win or lose but trying to enjoy the game itself. It seems better this way for me lately. Of course it makes it easier when the Jets win.

But understanding the nature of the majority of the posters on here, sometimes including myself, Ulrich's plea is essentially futile.

You sort of have to do what I mentioned when i watch the Jets and apply it to when you read this board.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have to agree with the op as well. complaining about something or someone being useless is one thing. crying about it like you are a baby who wants his mommas titty is what tends to happen after a few bad weeks and i havent really read too mcuh this week but with the way we played i am sure it was ugly this week too.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why posting style and this posting substance protocol is so important. It's like people here are roomates or something. If after a loss i feel like coming somewhere and saying Sanchez really sucked today,or keller was awesome,this is the place i go to say it. Is being a fan now being governed by Oceana? Do you now need a fan degree to post on the interwebz from the institute of internet fandom? I honestly don't care what someone else writes. If it's not a topic of interest,i just pass over it.

7. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

No, but if you post rubbish then expect to be told so. Otherwise, it's nothing more than digital graffiti.

8. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

ok heres some analysis

Sanchez ≠ Accurate

Schotty's System ≠ Good

Schotty's play calling ≠ Good

Schotty + Sanchez ≠ Not moving chains

not moving the chains = defense on the field for too long

defense ≠ 2000 ravens

defense on the field for too long = mistakes

Mistakes = Mediocrity

Mediocrity = Not looking so great against bad bills team, loosing to tebow, hoping for other teams to loose so we can sneak in the wild card.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yeah,if it's trolling,it gets handled. And maybe i'm just not around as much to see some of the crap you guys are talking about. But like i've said before,a lot of people get downed for just sharing an opinion that some jerkoff with no life off of the computer doesn't approve of. I haven't,but i've seen it done to others.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

mangoldman = knows how to spell mediocrity but doesn't know the difference between lose and loose

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He seems like he has potential to be a massive contributor.

12. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

This board, God bless it, is a perfect cross-section of our society. There's good; there's bad; there's ugly, and there's the window lickers.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It all has to do with articulation of criticism

If you can't critique with knowledge in an articulate manner, then your posts are worthless. That's 90% of TGG - no one really gets it. No one knows how to judge correctly. I've seen so many incorrect facts that people double down on, or concepts of football that are founded in fantasy football lore on all sides of the ball.

I took my time learning this game, I wish others would do the same before typing retarded bullshit.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Psshhh whatever.

Mark Sanchez stinks lolz, I don't care about the TD's! Fire Rex Ryan his defense is shitty!! What's a play action??

15. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

A lot of the knowledgeable posters and good football talk are here in the off-season when they are going through the draft and free agency. That's when NYJ football talk is at it's best here.

Regular season it's a total free for all clusterfuck with Sanchez sucks, Rex is fat and Schotty is equivilent to my grandma calling plays. Just gotta get used to it, it is annoying.

16. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

would your excellency allow me to edit?

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah.. lots of new posters who sign up to vent and get their frustrations out to whine and complain during the season, especially right after a game or something.

Also, wouldn't count on that good football talk from knowledgeable posters in the offseason.. I heard most of them got banned or something, I'm not real sure what happened.

18. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Don't forget not knowing how a double negative works.

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Talk about a high horse...

20. ........

........ Trolls

I see a big glaring error in this post.