The Broadcast

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by steviep, Nov 27, 2011.

1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

No kidding - thought that was a tad skewed.

Sanchez Throws Interception!!! Bills Offense Fired Up Performance!!

Bills 14 - Jets 14

2. Mr. Green Pants

I think Gannon looks back on how far ahead of Sanchez he was during his third season and he can't help but be critical. Dude basically just flipped the switch and coasted to the Pro Bowl during that season, so he can't understand why Sanchez hasn't become an elite QB yet.

/sarcasm

"Sanchez HAS to play better!"

Fuck you, buddy.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Is this a real post? Sanchez is in his third season. Gannon wasn't a viable QB until he made it to Oakland after 11 seasons of floundering around the NFL.

So do you have any other genius insights or is saying that a veteran QB in his 12th year showed better production than a 3rd year QB all you have?

In general, Gannon spent a lot of time trying to coach from the booth and wound up contradicting himself on a number of plays. That shit is annoying regardless of who is doing it.

4. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Kinda weird hearing Marv call a football game. Then again, being out of work with the NBA Lockout and all...

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Bwhahahahaha

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Gannon has beef with the Jets.

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

Sanchez is already a better NFL quarterback than Rich Gannon ever was

AND when he retires, he'll be a better announcer too.

8. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny when Gannon poked fun at Marv saying, "When you're watching how I met your mother I am home watching film."

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I have actually had another person sit with me during another Jets game and I asked for an unbiased opinion while listening to the telecast. There is so much negative broadcasting toward our team in good times and in bad times and the fan I had with me agreed 100% that the the commentators had a negative view of the Jets. Even the commercials during the breaks had highlights for upcoming games; in the clips it's a play against the Jets from like a year ago and you guessed it the Jet player is getting Burned.

An after thought or champions! I don't think there's any other way for us.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Marv may have been calling the game, but his focus was on the woman he had tied up back in his hotel room.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Complaints about the announcers is for homers who want to kill the messengers for telling the truth.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Or the girlie panties he was wearing riding up into his crack... You don't think he gave up that habit since the time he was "outed" do you?

Marv used to do NFL games all the time for those younger fans who didn't know.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I watched the broadcast last night when I got home. Definitely got that old time feel, been a while since Marv called a Jet game. Almost like they knew I wore my Keyshawn rookie jersey. :up:

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I caught that to. It was damn funny and I bet some people at CBS were pissed lol.

15. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I was just happy to hear Marv Albert calling a Jets game for the first time in probably 20 years

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I've gotten use to the media and announcers constantly downplaying the Jets. It's nothing new. When we win close games, they call us lucky. When we lose close games it's because Sanchez can't deliver in the clutch or because our defense isn't that good. When our defense makes an interception to close a game out, it's always luck, but when other teams do it, it's great defense on their part.