Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I don't know why but I still have this feeling that we will make the playoffs, somehow, someway.

Now our success in the playoffs may be a different story but in terms of things our opponents as 6th seeds maybe either the Texans, Oakland, Titans, or Broncos which to me is just great because we are capable of beating those teams.

If we don't make the playoffs at least we get a good shot at some excellent draft prospects coming out this year, something this team really needs, an injection of youth on the roster.

#41 JohnnyThaJet, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. JohnnyThaJet

Right now the Bengals are better than us, so your statement about us being the best is false. BUT that team is extremely young, and with young teams collapses are very possible. We need to win out or lose only 1 game while the Bengals go 3-3, if not we don't get in.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

the other thing about the bengals, is that their win total was inflated by the early season schedule. If they had played the second half of their season first, I have a feeling they would be lucky to be a 4 win team right now. So couple a young team, with their remaining schedule, and it wouldnt shock me at all to see them at 8-8 or 9-7.

but you are right, if we aren't going to win out, the Bengals control our destiny.

#43 nyjetsrule, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Stop using logic. But ya i totally agree

5. JohnnyThaJet

They play the Browns, Steelers, Texans, Rams, Cards, and Ravens.

All games that could be back and forth. Rams and Cards looks easy but they have beaten some good teams. As long as there is one loss besides Steelers and Ravens (which I think they lose both), we are in good shape.

Let's hope the Texans are decent with Leinhart.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Honestly if the Jets continue to play as they have this year then I don't think we make the Playoff's. If the jets pick up their game abit maybe we make the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong on this, and I'll be the first in line to eat crow if I am wrong and I'll be happy to eat that bird feathers and all, but frankly I don't think this version of the Jet's can do it. We're too reliant on the blitz for pressure, our safety play isn't very good. Our run defense hasn't been top notch, but those aren't our real issues. Our right tackle is weak, Sanchez is not a dominiate QB that can truly lead a team through performance, our running game is crap, and our offensive play calling lacks as well.

Sorry but I don't see this team making the playoffs, and if they happen to get in it'll be a one and done. As a fan of the team I hope I'm wrong, and like I said if I am wrong I'll gladly eat all the crow that's served up. I live and die with the Green, but I don't see it this year....

7. All Star

All Star Active Member

The Jets will scrape out 9-7 or 10-6 and squeak in as the 6th seed, I am still pretty confident in this.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The bengals have the Browns, QBless Texans, Rams, and Cardinals as 4 of their next 5 games.

You really expect them to shit the bed to that many bad teams ?

Esp since their last 2 losses, were against the Ravens and Steelers, both by only 7 points each, one of which was @ bal

9. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Bills are falling apart so the playoff teams will likely be Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, Jets, Houston, and whoever manages to not stink as bad as the other West teams.

Just my gut feeling. And of course Sanchize needs to stop throwing pick sixes.

10. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I think they blew their chances with the Denver loss. The Jets will have to win the rest of their games, if they are to make the playoffs. I just can't see them winning half of their remaining games with this offense, nevermind all 6 of them. I hope I'm wrong, though.:beer:

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

While this is true, I don't know why people keep referring to this like it's a regular occurrence or something he does far more than other QBs. 6 times in 47 starts. Should he do it less? Obviously. Since he's done it twice in the last two weeks, people have been acting like it's a defining aspect of his play.

#51 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets are just the team to squeak into the playoffs and then fuck shit up.

Stooges unite!

13. cobrien

cobrien Member

Undefeated rest of the year plain and simple, there I said it....

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

So based on the poll it seems like Jets fans are essentially split 50/50 on this...with a slight edge to yes.

15. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

They'll make it, but they won't go anywhere.

This is a transitional Jets team. They lost a lot of veteran leadership, and they've got a lot of young contributors. It could go one way or the other, but I seriously doubt they're going to get out of the first round with the running game the way it is. That said, I think they have far fewer faults than teams like the Bengals.

-X-

16. Mr. Green Pants

Yes, they'll make it because their schedule is soft. They win five of six, Bungles fall one game short of ten wins because of a close loss to one of the bad teams remaining on their schedule.

17. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Welcome back, Turk!

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Nah, looking at their schedule NE will get a bye. We would be playing the winner of the west or south, none of which scare me. 2nd round would be Pats or Balt/Pitt.

EDIT: So yeah, getting in will be tougher than getting to the 2nd round. I can't make myself count this team out. Did anything in 2009 or 2010 really make you think they would make the AFCCG?

#58 fenwyr, Nov 25, 2011
  19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

How could this not remind you of the NE/MIA stretch from last year?

Both NE games we came in thinking we were better than we were and we got beat not being prepared.

MIA/DEN- Got beat as a sort of hangover from the NE losses with Sanchez playing like Dog shit.

Obviously we were 8-2 at that point but if we win our next 3 we will be 8-5 as opposed to being 9-4 last season. Now don't get me wrong winning the next 3 will not be as simple as I am making it out to be and this team has not showed to be as good as last season.

But its not like last year we didn't look like hot garbage at points and you cannot forget that last year there were about 3 games that we could have easily lost at the end. Football is a game of inches we just need to get into the playoffs and let the game do the rest.

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Not only do I expect them to lose to the Steelers, Ravens and Texans... I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose to the Browns this weekend or @ the Rams in a few weeks and finish 8-8.

I'm not worried about any of the other teams fighting for the 6th spot. I'm MUCH more worried about the Jets spitting the bit and finishing 9-7. if we go 10-6 we're in. None of these other teams are winning 10 games. We need to win 5 more games and it doesn't matter which one we lose. We'll only need to worry if we lose 2.

#60 truthbtold, Nov 25, 2011