monday night football

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jesterjetman, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Hmm I havent even heard anything about this Kraft women you all speak of. Seriously, before or after she died, whenever that was. Obviously its that Dick Cheney of an owner up in NE's wife but ive still not heard(cared) anything about it.

2. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Good observations.

IATA is obviously lobbying for a banning because 1) he is angry about all the crap that has gone down here over the past couple days 2) he is angry about all the crap that has gone down here over the past couple days and none of it involved him.

Prob a combo of the 2.

And the second... well, I won't speak ill of Myra Kraft as that is not how I roll, but Pats fans are the most unbearable fans in the world when they are feeling all puffed up. It's inevitable that they will spill on over here when they get sick of talking to each other about how awesome they all are.

3. Calikid

Calikid New Member

Understandable that you hadn't heard of her. If you lived in NE you would have. A remarkable woman. Google Myra Kraft and philanthropy and see what you get. She did a lot in the greater NE area for those who were less fortunate.

4. ........

........ Trolls

I didn't say he was insulting Myra because people are upset Casey didn't get recognized. I said IATA was incredibly excessive. That was my only comment on IATA. The rest was my commentary on the situation. At no point did I say that anything should be taken out on Myra, nor did I say that it makes up for the lack of recognition for Johnson's daughter.

You just posted a reply that presumes I support what IATA did. I'm not sure why in the world you got that impression.

5. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Hope you realized the Mockery was for Kraft himself, just commenting on how "Myra Kraft is all over the place" I seriously have heard nothing and am not sure if its because its not all over the TV or because I just dont pay attention.

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

My memory of Casey Johnson's death and whatever media attention followed isn't that great. If it didn't receive much attention, that was most likely because the media was complying with Woody's request for privacy. They also probably felt that attention would only increase the embarrassment and awkwardness for Woody and his family.

It was well known that Johnson's relationship with his daughter was tumultuous, and that he had cut her off from the family financially. Add in the fact that her drug use was highly publicized, and initially suspected as a cause for death, and it isn't hard to see why the media and NFL chose to keep it relatively quiet, for Woody's benefit. If I am missing something here (e.g. if you are talking about negative attention, not lack of attention), I apologize. Otherwise, I am not sure the discrepancy is representative of anything besides the context of the two different situations.

Also, I imagine most NFL fans who don't watch as many Patriots games as I do (and probably you as well), don't feel so bombarded with the whole "Remember Myra Kraft" thing as we do.

7. ........

........ Trolls

That's a fair point on the Casey Johnson thing. It was just so bizarre that we heard absolutely no sympathy for Woody. Forget reporting on it, just a simple mention. I listen to Sirius NFL Radio every day. Even Adam freaking Schein is on the air and doesn't say a sympathetic word. That seemed bizarre, but I wrote it off as odd and the product of her largely tangential relationship to the league. The primary attention it got was negative.

I could entirely understand if it were just Patriots games. The fact that I had to hear about what a tragedy it was on multiple sports shows, on Sirius NFL Radio, on websites, and on the broadcasts for unrelated games is what frustrated me. I'm sure she was a pillar of the community in Massachusetts, but I don't see what that has to do with the Seattle Seahawks. Like I said, I heard more about it than I did about Lamar Hunt 5 years ago. That's absurd.

8. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Me neither, but I'm a big fan of her mac and cheese.

9. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I never thought you supported him, I know you said it was excessive, I thought you were making excuses for him, my apologies if that wasn't the case.

10. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

I'm here because I think TGG is the best sports board I have found period.
    Great knowledge and emotion. Some of the shit here has me LMAO. :beer:

11. Thomas144

Thomas144 Member

As a Patriots fan, I always worry when the Patriots run up the score against any opponent. I remember when Steve Grogan went out of his way (the whole team did, really) to score a meaningless touchdown against Tampa Bay, simply so that he could set the single-season record for Quarterback rushing touchdowns (as far as I know, he still holds that record). Needless to say, ever since that classless act, the Buccaneers have hated the Patriots, and this is why the New England-Tampa Bay rivalry is the most intense in all of sports, and the marquis game every season in the NFL.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Is this a joke?

13. ........

........ Trolls

If not, I don't want to live in this world anymore.

14. colleen74

colleen74 Member

So... I REALLY can't say "cool story bro" here?

On the off chance that you are not kidding... nah forget it, this must be a joke.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I dumped my response. This was obviously an attempt at humor.

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I can't say I've ever posted on a rival team's board during a game, but I like stopping in on GG to check out different opinions/topics and to get a vibe for how things are going in Jetsland. I didn't sign up here until after Rex got to town and things got interesting.

And FTR, Myra Kraft's family had all the "real" money... Robert Kraft was somewhat self-made, but he didn't get crazy rich until he took over his in-laws' company. She would have been loaded with or without Robert. And by all accounts, she was an extremely kind and generous individual, from her hometown to Israel, where the Krafts have been very involved in different charities and bringing American football to that region.