Sanchez loses a few snaps to Brunell in practice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Nov 22, 2011.

1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Did you stutter...? Really?

It is hard at times to gather context from text. About a 10 on the testosterone scale.

2. Jets4lyfe

Jets4lyfe Member

In Brunell we trust.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, it could only possibly be a motivational tactic or a sign of benching yet to come.

5. Cynic

Cynic New Member

I'll admit, at first it never occurred to me that 5th overall picks needed petty motivational tactics from a washed up 41 year old quarterback to have a fire lit under them.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

:beer::beer::beer

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

[YOUTUBE]-kfiCnYT01E[/YOUTUBE]

8. Browstains

Browstains New Member

I highly doubt this has anything with Sanchez having to worry about his position. Simply dusting Brunell off a bit... just in case the o-line continues to look like a bunch of wet hot dogs.

9. Shemy

Shemy Member

not entirely true, we couldve used McElroy earlier not later in the season....with the winds blowing I dont have much faith in him throwing against 20 mph winds

10. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Whatever works to get the Jets back on track, I am ok with it.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There is nothing interesting about it, he gave Brunell 2 snaps to tweak mark like he did last year in hopes of getting him to get out of this funk.

12. kaboom

kaboom Member

While the O-line is considerably weaker than the 2009/2010 versions, Sanchez continues to be inconsistent. He completes many nice throws but has missed some open targets and we all know about the picks at the absolute worst times.

Next year, I would bring in Chad Henne and have a real QB competition. Hopefully, Sanchez keeps the job, but in Henne a viable go to option (vs a 41 year old retread) who has had some success and might very well floursih in a new enviroment.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They better give Brunell snaps in practice. The odds on Sanchez making it through the season with the protection the Jets have had so far are low. They better be thinking about how LaDainian Tomlinson is going to look at QB because Brunell isn't going to last long back there if Sanchez takes a hit he can't get up from.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats my problem with it, he already did this. i would expect him to give him 2 snaps in a game if he wants to tweak him now.. bring him to the sideline tell him to calm the fuck down and stop being gun shy and send him back in there for 3rd and hopefully 7 or less. now that would get his attention.

to the guy talking about mcelroy he is on ir, he is not playing this year.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It would be more of a motivational tool if we actually had a back up QB he had reson to fear.
    This is like Michael Phelps being taken out of the pool and replaced by Grandpa Munster.

16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

grandpa munster would turn himself into a shark win the race

17. Br4d

I don't think it would be a motivational tool so much as a recipe for disaster for the franchise.

QB controversies kill teams. The only way to make a change at QB and not have it divide the team and cause other problems is to replace the starting QB on a permanent basis. Going back and forth just splits the team.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think this funk is different than last year, I think this one is more about the OL and less about him. if the OL is protecting and opening holes Sanchez will have success.

19. jack handy

jack handy Member

Saw an interview last night - Brunell looks really old.

20. Br4d

This funk is like Chad's funk in 2007 when it became clear that the rest of the offensive talent was not up to the task of allowing him to function well. Chad's answer was to go to Captain Checkdown in the most extreme form, This allowed him to maintain his numbers but kept the offense from scoring enough to make a difference.

The difference between Chad in '07 and Sanchez this year is that the lousy line in '07 forced Chad to go to the place he was most comfortable anyway: short quick passes in front of the defense regardless of where the first down marker was. Kellen Clemens replaced Chad at starting QB in '07 because the coaching staff recognized that Chad had found a zone where he could be effective without helping the offense much at all.

Sanchez also has been forced there by the lack of protection but this was never his strong point and has become worse this year with defenses collapsing down into the 7 yard box from the line of scrimmage and sideline to sideline.

#60 Br4d, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011