monday night football

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jesterjetman, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I think I know get the the general tone of the board. Thanks for trying to explain it.

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

its the patriot way. beat up on awful teams. get beat up by better teams and/or teams who are bad.

3. Calikid

Calikid New Member

It's BB's way, and I don't agree with it. Run out the clock and get the starters off the field. But that's me.

4. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Life is good! Get a good nights rest and tomorrow you'll feel better.:beer:

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

you're not giving me any fuel to use here like the other fucking moron patriot posters. stop being so reasonable.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

im fine, well talk to you again when the patriots fail in the 2nd round again.

/patriot way

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You're not going to last here long.

8. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I'm not trying to be reasonable, it's just how I approach the game as a fan. Plus, I'm on a Jet's board!

9. Calikid

Calikid New Member

Yeah, I know. I can only hope that some of the homophobia goes away.

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

It's the avatar. I actually have gay friends that would be pissed off by that. Other than that you seem OK so far.

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Or should I just spell it out?

Patriots. Really just gayer dolphins.

12. patfanken

patfanken Banned

If the moderator here had a shred of balls you'd be banned, not just for this abomination of of a statement, but for the rest of your totally useless offerings.

Now far be it for me as a guest to call for someone's banning, but this just went over the line. This tasteless idiot doesn't offer anything. Send him to JI. He'd fit in beautifully

13. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Likewise. It's pretty embarrassing coming from fans of a team that represents one of the most diverse cities in the world. I'm sure most people on here who incessantly use 'gay' and 'faggot' as an insult don't actually talk like that outside of the internet and most likely have gay friends and/or relatives. But hey, it's the internet, so nobody has to be accountable.

14. LuvThosePats

LuvThosePats New Member

Well, you can beat up on me here if you like. It's never been Belicheck's M.O. to pull his starters from the game, no matter how late it is. As for going for the TD that they clearly didn't need, for him it's a practice situation to see if the team can beat a goal-line stand in a real in-game situation. It's not like practicing a 4th and short at mid-field, which there's no point in doing. One day they might need that TD halfway thru the 3rd period in a game where they're down a lot. BB figures they might as well practice it against an opponent that has the motive to try and stop them. So it's just a glorified scrimmage. I don't understand why you guys get so sore about this stuff, especially with all the smack-talking that goes on on this board.

15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Do the patriots really think they're gonna win a playoff game aganist a playoff team? Or am I going dilusional

16. LuvThosePats

LuvThosePats New Member

Look, there's a lot of parity in the AFC among the top tier teams. There are 4 7-3 teams and a couple more 6-4 teams. It's very hard to call who's going to come out of the AFC in the end. Any of these teams could probably beat each other, or by the same token lose to each other. All of the 7-3 teams have flaws. It ends up being about match-ups, who's hot or in a slump, stuff that you can't really foresee this far ahead. Pats could all the way to the SB or fall flat in the divisional round. At this point, what matters is getting to the dance, and for the Pats getting a bye.

17. Smog

Smog New Member

Pats fan here. I enjoy coming to this board, but it is starting to get predictable. It seems to me there's an ironclad formula for posting on GG:

1) Everyone on every other team is a classless, cheating faggot, as are all their fans. Jets fans meanwhile, are fair-minded, statistically informed, peace-loving souls of rectitude.

2) The refs are out to get us; we would have won if not for all of those non-penalties called against us/non-calls that should have been flagged in our favor. The referees are gay faggot cocksuckers with crushes on Tom Brady who in their spare time are also anti-Hispanic bigots quietly determined to undermine the otherwise promising career of Mexican sporting icon Mark Sanchez.

3) If Sanchez had all day to throw like (insert great NFL quarterback here), he'd be just as good as (insert great NFL quarterback here). Wayne Hunter fucking sucks. Hell, (insert great quarterback here) has so much time back there, he could build a fucking (big complex contraption). Give Sanchez time, it's only his (circle one) first/second/third/etc. season.

4) We actually won that last game, except they had a couple of lucky plays on defense and there were those three touchdowns we didn't score on offense, plus that fumble.

5) Hey, (joke about Eric Smith's race)!

Let me know if I'm missing anything. I know I left out the Schottenheimer rants, but I figured those went without saying.

18. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Here's where the pats kill everyone for the rest of the regular season Bering up on bad teams. All the experts are fooled into thinking that the defense improved failing to realize the competition and the fact that the defense is playing up by 3 scores most of the time. Then the pats find themselves in a dog fight in the playoffs abd the defense shows it's true form.

19. Calikid

Calikid New Member

The team? Of course they do. Fans? I think most do, but it does depend on who you ask. If we play "let's feel them out" in the 1st half and we don't play to our strenghts, then I don't think we'll win a playoff game. That's assuming we make the playoffs.

20. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The pats must be worn out and quite satisfied after last night. I don't think I've ever seen 2 commentators deep throat a team like Gruden and Jaworski did in a long time. They both must be hoarse today.