Perspective on the Broncos game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/nd_straight_loss_sure_to_start_talk_3wbhUQ5xyEH0hotE4w27GJ

How can the Jets, as we want to believe them to be, lose to the Broncos in a must win game????

Here's some perspective.

Read this article posted this morning in the NYPOST (Monday, November 21) on how the 1st place Giants lost to the last place Eagles, AT HOME in a must win 'gimmie' game.

Reading about how a cross town rival imploded gives a bit of overall perspective to just how hard it is to win 'gimmie' games in the NFL.

The Jets will be fine.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The Jets have played like shit in all areas of the game, pretty much throughout the season. Don't let a couple of extra wins fool you. This team is playing at a level below its present record.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Are you kidding Koz?..........lol I agree.

The Jets played well enough in all phases of the game, to lose. They still have not put a complete game together, when one phase looks good another phase rises up to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This season stinks so far.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Heres the problem----when teams look at "GIMMIE" games right now they look at our Jets as the "Gimmie" game . We have more than one problem that needs to be addressed / fixed and zero margin for error. THE Giants should have won last nite but they still have 6 wins and honestly I could care less about the Giants. If the game on Xmas eve is just for bragging rights and is meaningless for us (again I don't care if it has meaning for the G men ) that will be sad especially with all the high expectations we had going into this year.
    I have faith in Tanny and Rex altough by not addressing the line (see Wayne Hunter ) and by not addressing the secondary (see Eric Smith ) I cannot lie ,,,they have shaken my confidence :sad: If Xmas eve is not about playoffs for the Jets and more about saving peoples jobs (see ShOTTY for one ) well dare I say it we are better off losing-----as I said I hope Xmas Eve is about playoffs for us but the way we have played it looks as if we will be lucky to get to 8 - 8 , the team has given me little reason to think anything else :sad: