PFT- Jets can no longer hide Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kentucky Jet, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Or he takes a 3 step drop, sees Holmes blanketed by the CB and a LB dropping in zone, and he looks towards another WR...piss poor playcalling has made it difficult for Sanchez. Defenses are onto the Jets offensive gameplan...it's why the screen game with McKnight was a breathe of fresh air...something the opposing defenses don't see much of from the Jets.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sanchez's deep ball has become a ball that floats like a paper airplane.

He is turning into Chad Pennington without the right IQ

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Rex is always talking about the time this team commits to preparation.

Does our offense even practice together? Center snaps the ball (i guess when Sanchez is not ready) and we watch the ball roll 20-30yds in the backfield. Keller runs over Holmes on a crossing route. These are professionals studying and practicing the playbook. Right?

This is the most pissed off I have been about the Jets maybe ever.

/rant done over

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

double post

#64 JetsVilma28, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree in part and disagree in part. The part I agree with is that it is not enough to merely minimize mistakes at the Qb position. The Qb has to make plays in this league, and especially last night, when the running game could not be Plan A, the Qb has to take the game over, and for whatever reason Sanchez did not do it, and I am more and more in the camp of those who think he cannot do that.

Where I disagree is I see no dichotomy between minimizing mistakes and making plays. I know you might think this contradicts what i just said I agree with you on, but I don't think it does. For example a play that leads to an interception is by definition a bad play in at least some respect. Even if it was a good play call, and the INT came from poor execution, in the more general sense of the word "play" it sure as hell was not a good one.

What I am instead driving at is that there should be no conflict between grooming an NFL Qb to make good plays and also minimize mistakes. Recognize that some plays with potential big payoffs also entail more risk than others. And how does an assessment of that sort fit with a recognition of the Qb's particular strengths and weaknesses?

And here's where we get to the part of all this that we really don't know the answer to. Is this situation one where, as you suggest, through some failure of approach or coaching the Jet CS is "too" focused on minimizing mistakes, to the detriment of focusing on making good plays?

Or is it really in some way a function of Sanchez and his own limitations? Can he only focus on one and not the other? Or perhaps that the CS feels, and with good reason, that Sanchez's problems with execution mean he's too much at risking turnovers with certain plays that other Qb's can keep the risk in acceptable limits?

I am more and more inclined to think it's a function of problems with Sanchez himself.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sanchez isn't the problem, he is part of many problems. The question is will Sanchez be part of the solution? I think he can be but there has to be a plan for this offense that goes beyond ground and pound with all star pass catching talent at WR and TE. We need a different mind set and that takes bringing in different kinds of WR TE and running backs.

Speaking of running backs Shone Greene is starting to remind me of John Abraham without the talent.

7. FloridaJetsFan

Yes...Sanchez stares down his recievers throws the Int. Yes.....he checks down alot. Yes....he seems to have regressed this year. But.....He's running for his life half the time. The offensive line has been horrible this year. They do not have a TE that can Block. The running game comes and goes and the playcalling is eratic. How many hits does he have to take before they loose him for the season. The front office keeps letting the talent leave...the offensive line isn't what it was in 2009. Green and LT are serviceable, but they don't have the burst they had with Thomas Jones. They lost Cotchery and Edwards and replaced them with Buress and Kerly.

I believe that the coaching philosophy has to change before they give up on Sanchez...the talent is there...we see signs of it once and a while...he just needs the right OC.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I'm glad Sanchez sucked last night. It made the OC look Terrible as well. Schotty is on a hot streak for the opponents. I hope this loss teaches Ryan a lesson to go fuck Schotty in the ass and make him call a few deep plays rather than the 5 yard dump offs in the 2-minute drill (1-minute drill really).

You could the Broncos safeties hovering near the LOS on several plays shutting down the run game. WTF Schotty? You are an NFL OC. You don't know how to counter attack that? Have Sanchez throw it deep, even if it's out of fucking bounds! Fucking common sense bitch. You have been regressing every game n Mark has a very good potential that is being destroyed.

At the half, Sanchez was 14/17, 104 yards. That is a very high completion percentage, but just 6 ypa. 6 YPA??? Who the fuck does that u son of a bitch??

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

that deep throw certainly did look like a Pennington pop fly.

10. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

It was worse. There is no comparing Sanchez and Chad P. Chad knew how to read a defense. Something Sanchez can't do.

11. releasesanchez

releasesanchez New Member

Sanchez is the worst quarterback in the league, take away Mangold and it shows it. Which other Qb can you say take away 1 player and he is the worst quarterback in the league? Dude can't read a defense if his life depended on it.

12. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

Yeah but, in this League, you have to score more than 13 points to win games. As a rule of thumb anyway.

13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, they did score more than 13. Don't you remember Sanchez's brilliant touchdown pass? It was to the other team but still.....

14. avrus

avrus New Member

Hey remember when Sanchez wanted to go for it on 4th and goal but Schotty elected to kick?

Awesome coaching there.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

What makes you think that wasn't Ryan's call? He's the HC.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I think that's Rex too.

17. REX<3'sBrady

REX<3'sBrady Banned

Yes, Sanchez is average to below average. However his skill level is his skill level. The coach knows or should know what his limitations are. The blame needs to fall on Rex, i think his three ring circus approach to leadership is the real issue at hand.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I fully expect TOM MOORE to replace SCHOTTY next year. if so and Sanchez still plays as he did last night, we are going to be ina big bind.

I agree with everything you wrote especially Greene.

19. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Great post right here. I absolutely agree with everything you said here. this offense is absolutely anemic because the CS can't decide what kind of team we are going to be. Changes need to be made.