We are still making the playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Nov 18, 2011.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and every team in the league has a chance to win the Super Bowl until they are eliminated from contention, that doesn't mean it is realistic. so every team that hasn't been officially eliminated from the playoffs yet still has a chance.

that is what you will have to agree with if you want to continue to argue that simply having the chance is the same as having a realistic chance based on the proven success that Super Bowl winners have shown to have to be capable of to do so.

yes, every team that makes the playoffs technically has a chance. but that is meaningless, just like at the beginning of the season and until they are eliminated from playoff contention so does every team. but history has shown only teams that have a very specific level of success in the regular season are actually capable of winning the Super Bowl, and the teams that make the playoffs that have not reached that level simply do no have a realistic chance at it. those are just facts.

2. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

so if we had won yesterday we would of been SB contenders?

I don't get it.

don't get me wrong, as you make some great points.

but in recent memory [packers and giants come to mind] they just barley got in, and won the SB.

again, don't get me wrong, we don't have A.Rodgers, or the giants d-line, but it's about getting in, and making your run from there.

as we all know, the playoffs is a different season, and anything can happen.

3. ajetsfan4ever

crazy, but I truly believe that come sunday night we will only be one game out of the WC, with 6 games to go.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Give what we have seen most of the season, and very evident by yesterday's performance, we are not SB contenders. If we make even the AFCCG I will gladly eat my crow, but this team is not even to the level it was at the last 2 years. Our secondary is very good, but we have one glaring weakness that can't be hidden. (Eric Smith). Our )-line is shaky at best, our running game is below average, and our passing game while at times looks good is mistake prone and very unreliable.

Our defense also can't play a complete game. No pass rush, slightly above average overall...We're not the elite Defense or the great team we were. Changes need to be made, and personnel needs to be revamped.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

We have a chance still, but it's unlikely at this point. We have to win out, and this team is just not capable of it.

The Bills, Skins, and Chiefs games should be wins.

The Dolphins have been playing better and they always give the Jets a hard time.. definitely not a sure thing.

The Eagles will give us all kinds of problems.. we couldn't stop fucking Tim Tebow at the end of the game, what's Michael Vick gonna do? And those DE's are going to destroy Wayne Hunter all game. The only bright side is that team is even more fucked up than the Jets are.

And that brings me to the Giants. Pierre-Paul, Tuck, Osi vs. Wayne Hunter and Matt Mulligan blocking? Don't forget, Schitty thought it would be good to have Mulligan blocking Dumervil 1 on 1, so no reason to believe he won't try that same bullshit again. That has disaster written all over it. I think the Jets are a better team than the Giants, but if it's a close game, do you think our defense has any chance in hell of stopping a late TD drive from Eli Manning?

I think we're gonna finish up 5-1 and lose out on the wildcard with tiebreakers. Denver, Oakland, and Baltimore all have it over us. Our conference record sucks. We need terrible finishes to the season from either Baltimore or Cincy in the North, Buffalo, Tennessee, and those West teams to all lose a few.

6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

If you can't beat the fucking broncos you aren't beating the eagles or giants and probably not the dolphins.

7. ajetsfan4ever

I do agree.

and it's not about eating crow, cause if we did make a great run it would be a surprise, i'm just saying it can happen.

8. ajetsfan4ever

not true, the broncos have just won 4 out of 5, give them some credit.

9. ajetsfan4ever

everyone seems to forget that a lot of those teams ahead of us have to play each other.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We're going to the fucking superbowl. And we're going to kick everybody's ass.

And we're going to do it the old-fashioned way, by talking about it and convincing other teams we're badass. Why walk the walk when you can just talk the talk?

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This post is quote worthy!

12. Section 227. Row 5

We are playing mostly wounded animals the rest of the way... the most dangerous of opponents.

The Bills damn sure have something to prove, and the Dolphins and Redskins are so lost they'll be playing loose as hell and just playing to keep their jjobs next season. And the Eagles are one pissed off franchise right now with something to prove. All very dangerous. And the Giants, if they get healthier, will be nasty as hell with a lot of their fans in the stadium just for spite. It'll feel like a home game to them. Dangerous as hell.

I don't think any of these games will be pushovers and in fact, the way we are playing right now, we could easily wind up .500 or worse. Ridiiculous.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

everyone sees the writing on the wall - beat buffalo, kc, and the skins -- be 8-5 and have it in our hands. Play an eagles team that has packed it in only have have the crush as since we were looking ahead to the giants

14. LukeyBCFC

LukeyBCFC New Member

Its all on the next few games, do or die time!

15. LukeyBCFC

LukeyBCFC New Member

If we can find our feet and claw a few wins together, we'll be in and around there, its test of character time. Not always does the best team show up in the play-offs, that's why there is sometimes a mismatch when it comes to some games, as some teams have over-performed and used all their luck in the earlier games and have ran out of steam it seems. If we can pull a robbery and get into the play-offs then when the play-offs come, approach every game as it comes!

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Does anyone here really think this team can do anything but get their ticket punched in round 1? Seriously?

This team is NOT a playoff team. Even if we somehow luck up and back in (with all the tiebreakers working against us), what then? Another ill-timed screwup by the franchise? Another all out blitz by our Genius in waiting (Pettine)? Another shanked punt by TJ (Cunt) Conley?

This is a one and done team at best in the playoffs. They're not flipping some switch and suddently its 2009 again. I'd rather see them miss the playoffs, get a decent DP that Tannenbaum better not fckn trade away, and start to overhaul and fix what's wrong with this fckn team. Rex won't do it cause he's too stubborn and loyal to his "guys" so its up to Tannenbaum.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The very best team may not always win but one of the best teams aleays does. Good teams that just make the playoffs never do. The Giants are the only exception in the history of the Super Bowl. This team simply does not resemble the ability of any team that has ever wo

18. Section 227. Row 5

We're a team that lives on the edge too much. Keeping games close and pulling them out at the end is bound to hurt you eventually. I don't know what it is, but we never knoe how to put a game away. We have a propensity for letting even the shittiest teams hand around and keep it close and last night is a good example. You could just smell that last Denver score coming. 95 yards all the way down the field and leaving El Guapo with no time left on the clock. Fucking ridiculous.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

According to the latest stats I have seen following last nights game we have a fantastic 13.7% chance of making the playoffs.

Anone that truly believes that they are should place a bet because the odds you will get will be fucking fantastic.

20. LSUtiger

LSUtiger Member

Doubt it, looks like 9-7 to me with too many tie-breaker losses to other playoff contenders. If the Jets beat the Bills next week, I could see 10-6, and maybe maybe a squeak in. I don't think there is any chance of beating the G-man cause this offense can't keep up with Eli, and their defense is stout.