If no playoffs, will we have a new Offensive Coordinator in 2012?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 18, 2011.

?

Schotty coming back next season?

1. Yes...The suffering will continue

32 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. No...Rex and Tannenbaum will tell him to GTFO

85 vote(s)
    72.6%
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Seems that the people here think we are going to suffer more of Schotty's offensive brilliance moving forward.

Thought it would be interesting to see where most of you are at with him being back or not.

Lets just say we dont make the playoffs...Will Jets management retain this genius?

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

They better fucking not

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hope not, I hope Rex doesn't bow to public pressure b/c if he does we'll have a merry go round at OC when the fans blame the next OC too.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Schotty's contract is up. The only way Rex Ryan can save face is if he blames the offense and changes things up.

5. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I really dont believe were going to run the table and make playoffs, but if we did. I would say either way i believe hes gone. i would really like to see them do it now and promote Callahan for the time being. i know hes taking some heat because of the o-line. the o-line is really just looking bad because Hunter is so awful its destroying the entire offense. truly something special to watch each week.

6. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Somebody will have to go if this team doesn't make it. Rex seems like he is loyal to a fault but I can't see Tanny not forcing him to get rid of somebody if this season stays on it's current track and it won't be Sanchez.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's not about pleasing the fans. It's about placing blame on everyone but the defense.

This team had extremely high expectations because of Rex Ryan and if the Jets don't make the playoffs, the offense and its players will be the scapegoats.

Changes will be made. The coordinator and the majority of the offensive staff will be the first to go.

Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum will live and die with Mark Sanchez as their quarterback. He's their guy. Schottenheimer will be replaced before Sanchez is let go.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Thats incredibly rare that people fire coordinators in the middle of a season. Especially one who has been on a team that has been to 2 AFC Title games.

That is going to be his saving grace on interviews

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm willing to take that chance. The current offensive system is clearly failing.

10. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

I see no way at this point. Even though Sanchez is having a bad year, I don't think they will give up on him in year 3 considering what he has done in the playoffs.

I couldn't see what they could say or see that would make them give him an extension. This offense has been bad for almost the entire year. I think the two new england games really just sum it up.

If you were to keep Schotty and get rid of Sanchez then that means Schotty would be working with a 4th QB. At what point is it on the OC?

I think that's the only positive that would come out of no playoffs is a new OC and then we could get a better idea of what Sanchez is or isn't.

11. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

i agree that it is rare, actually i don't know if its ever happened. to me this has always been the elephant in the room with the organization. cant be just all of us sick over this guy, Real football people must know what we have been saying and crying about for years . lol This is amazing he still here.

For the organization there still going to treat Sanchez as the golden boy and to protect him they may have to do something drastic. He isnt developing the way he should and the play calling is suspect at best. Perfect time for the organization to make this change(they wont), More wishful thinking on my part. jesus christ were stuck with this guy at least through the season. ughh

12. IATA

IATA Trolls

if he comes back i'm pretty sure i wouldn't be so gungho anymore. no point.

13. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

when you go through a season like this, someone has to be held accountable. Sanchez is too rich to be cut and the defense is generally living up to their end of the bargain.

That leaves Schotty whether he likes it or not. It's one thing to run the ball and rely on your defense to win: that's a winning strategy. But after 3 years when no improvement on offense has been made, heads have to roll.

14. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

It has happened and its more due to a big rift between the HC and OC (as in they really don't like each other). I don't get that sense here, unfortunately. Rex is a guy that doesn't want to give up on people easily. I respect him for that, but Rex at times gets blinded by his perception of things and doesn't see the reality. I think Aaron Maybin was a great example of that. Rex saw him as a luxury when this team really needed his speed.

I think the feeling inside the Jets Front office is that they are still in the playoff hunt and that learning a new scheme would be too hard at this point in the season. At this point as fans all you can do is just go out cheer and just have faith in guys like a Revis, Harris, Mangold, etc.

I'll at least say that I really think Wilkerson and Wilson are going to be a positive addition to the core of this team. I really like how they have progressed just to at least inject some positiveness/

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Something has to change, I for one am tired of the slow starts every single week for the offense. They never seem to jump out to an early lead. It is so rare I pretty much expect a few punts before a drive is sustained, and that is terrible.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

This is confusing. The poll question and the thread title are opposite. Yes to one is no to the other.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's a good thing people are paying attention to the poll...But that is a thread title for discussion.

We got it all covered

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

he'll likely be gone after this season if we don't make the playoffs, but in his defense he's limited with what we have on offense. We don't have a true lead back. Greene is a grinder but he's really not a No. 1 back. Our OL has turned into swiss cheese. And we do not have a deep threat at WR. Where Schotty fails at is obviously with his playcalling. there's no creativity, no tempo or rhythm to it. It's extremely predictable.

19. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

My no vote is what I want to happen and has nothing to do with reality, but wishfull thinking.

20. REX<3'sBrady

REX<3'sBrady Banned

It's not Schotty, its Rex.