Top 3 Offensive Tackle Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Nov 18, 2011.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Seems the consensus top 3 tackles are Matt Kalil out of USC, Jonathon Martin of Stanford and Riley Reiff of Iowa. The Jets draft pick could fluctuate quite a bit in the final 6 weeks but the question is, even with the need for an impact pass rusher, if one of these guys fell to the Jets do you take one over an edge rusher like Courtney Upshaw?

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

If one of these guys fell hell yes I would...

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

they may not to have to fall all that far based on not even being able to beat the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL last night in Denver

1. Pass Rush --

2. Offensive Line

period

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Schottenheimer will be the scapegoat after this season. His contract is up and Ryan will have to make changes to save face.

Someone will also be brought in to compete with Mark Sanchez.

So, if a top level tackle prospect falls, you have to pull the trigger to protect your quarterback. A new offensive coordinator will get a lot of say in how this offseason goes.

I don't think Ricky Wagner will enter this draft, but if he does, he'll be fly up draft boards. The same goes for Alabama's DJ Fluker.

5. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Agreed with what Mr. Electric said. We'll let Schotty go and try to add on a bunch of new offensive talent (including a guy like Jason Campbell to compete with Sanchez).

OT in the first wouldn't be ideal to me, but I wouldn't be opposed if someone fell.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Jason Campbell and Kyle Orton will be available. Campbell is very smart with the football, so he would be a nice option.

If we bring in a Packers' offensive assistant like quite a few posters are talking about in the NYJ forum, then he could bring Matt Flynn with him.

I'm one of Mark Sanchez's biggest supporters and I want him to be the quarterback of the New York Jets. Someone will be brought in to compete with him though. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

I think safety is high on priority list as well.. Eric smith is horrible.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

There's not a single safety in this draft that will be an upgrade over Eric Smith.

It's a bad year for teams that need tight ends and safeties. ...and a great year for teams that need pass rushers and wide receivers.

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

Will we be able to get good value at wr in second? Any free agent safety , that would be an upgrade?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

There should be great wideout value well into the third round.

Michael Griffin, Dashon Goldson, and Reggie Nelson will be free agents.

Tom Zbikowski will be a free agent too.

11. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

If the draft is that thin at safety, we have plenty of other positions to use our picks on.

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

whos better blackmon ( hope I got it right ) or jeffrey ?

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

For our team, I think Alshon Jeffery would be the better fit. He's a big, physical player that would compliment Holmes.

Blackmon is very dangerous though. I think he'll be the first wideout off the board.

Honestly, I'd be happy with any of the top level wideouts: Alshon Jeffery, Justin Blackmon, Mike Floyd, Dwight Jones. We need some young weapons on offense.

I really want to see another tight end brought in as well, whether it's through the draft or free agency. At this point, anyone will be an upgrade over Matthew Mulligan.

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'd imagine both of those guys would expect to start if they were signed, and I can't imagine Rex benching Mark so hastily.

15. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

I've heard some rumblings on Fluker, sounds like he's gonna take the the money and run for his family's sake. I can't blame him, but I still say he isn't ready.

Although I'm 1-1 on info like this on here, called Barron returning, but whiffed bad on Julio...

16. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I really like the idea of Flynn. You know exactly what you're getting with Campbell/Orton, but Flynn has some upside.

I hope it's a real competition too. I'm a big Sanchez supporter as well, but it should be a fair matchup, not just a way to push Sanchez.

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

1. Ol
    2. Wr
    3. Olb
    4. Wr/rb/ol (bpa)

18. sg3

sg3 Banned

1 Pass Rusher

2 OL

3 Safety

4 WR

Pass Rusher is #1 because I have now watched TWO consecutive fiascos where the opposing QB was barely breathed upon while ours was getting murdered (particularly three times in the miserable Denver mess --- illegally two seconds after he passed twice with helmet hits and once when he was rolled into the knees)

If it were the fag from NE it would have resulted in 45 yards in penalties and three automatic first downs that might have even changed the result

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Even though Mr. E is gone, I just wanted to state that if you thought Eric Smith's cover skills are putrid.....oh boy lets stay far away from the White Roy Williams.

Zbikowski bless his heart as an Irish player but his coverage skills were god awful and that hasn't improved in BAL.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Baker talking poorly about an Irish player, the second parting of the Red Sea:)