Mambo's first 4 rds mock draft - 11.18.2011

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mambo9, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I just realized I basically put Mr. E's and WW's mocks together and mixed them. Please put this thread in one of those...

I'm thinking the Jets will be picking in the 18-20 range.

1. Vontaze Burfict - ILB - Arizona State

Care to explain why Mr. E?
    Scott is slowing down and he cannot take as many hits as he used to anymore. He can be useful in taking BTs role @ OLB while Maybin/Westerman come in on 3rd down. Unfortunately we can't cut him because his contract is fully guaranteed...

2. Matt Reynolds - T - BYU

Ciao ciao Hunter. Welcome Reynolds. Have him compete with Ducasse for the RT role... I'm pretty sure he'd win it and we could have a solid RT for years to come.

3. Marvin McNutt - WR - Iowa or Nick Toon - WR - Wisconsin

Two good solid WRs that would compliment Holmes, Kerley & Keller well.

4. Winston Guy Jr. - FS - Kansas

What do we want? A free safety! When do we want it? Now!
    Fuck Eric Smith... I only want to see him on the field on ST & in 3 safety sets. This guy will be solid in our D, especially rotating with Pool.

Waaay to early to predict who to draft in the late rounds... Ideally RB, big TE, OLB, G, T, SS are all areas that could be improved.

#1 Mambo9, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

3. theyankees-jetsfan23

18-20 range? Doubt it

Dwight Jones... WR... UNC

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Dude, I just dont understand your viewpoint on this.
    I get it -- you would prefer to upgrade the safety position in FA --- you're probably right.
    But you seem to dismiss the safety position ENTIRELY in the draft.
    I dont think anyone is laying claim to finding an All-Pro safety in the 3rd/4th round.
    But if the BPA happens to be a safety when it comes time for us to pick in the 4th round and we can upgrade the position with that safety ------ I say take the safety.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'd much prefer an OLB than an ILB.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Dude, none of the safeties in this draft will be the BPA.

The safeties that will be available in the middle rounds won't be upgrades over Jimmy Leonhard or Eric Smith.

I say ----- pass on the safety.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

I say if Vontaze Burfict is there, there's no question we take him. He is a player I can see Rex falling in love with, I see him as a play maker, and a player like Ray Lewis. Unless a top tier RT, Courtney Upshaw or one of the top WR's are there, I say we pull the trigger and Im all for it.

He upgrades team speed, youth at the LB position and brings a type of play I dont see from any Jets right now. He would be a top 3 target IMO

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I do not want an OL in the first round either. You can find a RT in free agency/trade. The Jets NEED a passrusher. Enough is enough.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yes, I agree 100% that we need pass rusher... I think it would be pretty awesome if our Draft went like Burfict, Vinny Curry in rounds one and two and then went RT, then two WR's (maybe BJ cunningham?)

If that happened, we sure up the from seven for years with 5/7 young players with adding help to the Oline and WR's. We would just have to hit on that RT desperately

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

If the Jets draft the following:

OLB
    RT
    S
    WR(With punt returning ability)
    G
    P
    K

Then I would say its a good draft. I know most will not agree with me listing taking a punter and kicker but I don't think it would hurt that bad considering our 6th and 7th round picks usually don't pan out.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Safety ahead of WR= no good

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I am thinking that Plax is coming back and that the Jets want some insurance for Kerley and want an explosive WR who can be the 4th or 3rd WR on the team.

If Plax doesn't return, then its arguable WR should be addressed in round 1 by getting Floyd.

I agree with Electric that the safety class isn't that great but that position needs to be addressed. Eric Smith should have NEVER been given the starting job so easily.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I agree that we can find a quality right tackle in free agency or outside of the first, but if a top-quality tackle falls, like Gabe Carimi did last year, it would be hard to pass up.

And back to talking about Burfict, he's the type of backer that can make sideline-to-sideline plays against the run and blitz the passer up the middle. He is unblockable at the college level. Rex loves the all out blitz. Burfict would wreak havoc up the middle.

14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We've gone way too long without addressing LB, Burfict or Upshaw in the 1st round please.

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

FREE Mr ELECTRIC!!!!

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

youre just going to get banned by doing this. ask jam and 624

17. Martin is the man

I think this is a fantastic mock! Burfick is exactly what the Jets need/want. He's ferocious and plays non-stop, plus he's a sideline to sideline defender, a great pass rusher, and pretty solid in coverage. However, I disagree with some people here, I think he's really well suited for OLB in a 3-4. I know his natural position is ILB but I think his pass rushing will be better utilized at OLB. For this reason plus his ability to play ILB if Scott regresses he can slide to ILB, I think he's a MUST draft for the Jets. His skills, attitude, and versatile are exactly what the Jets D needs! I want him bad enough that trading up may be worth it, he's just to perfect here.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

A lot will depend on how they do prior to the draft (and how we finish the season) but I wouldn't trade up based on the fact that in the 18-24 pick range there should be some vg players available (like Courtney Upshaw).

Still thanks, it's really E that made me go and watch more stuff on Burfict (insert underlying message here)...

PS This mock also relies on the fact Turner comes back healthy and gives us options in case Moore's play keeps on declining. Otherwise we need to look for a G too...

19. Cynic

Cynic New Member

I like McNutt a lot. Great redzone target to replace Burress.

20. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

No to Burfict. I had a chance to watch him several times, and he has bad football instincts. He overpursues and has trouble reading the play as it develops. Top it all off with a bad attitude, and I don't want the Jets to take him in the first round. Give me Reiff (quality tackle), DeCastro (future elite guard), Upshaw (solid 3-4 olb), or one of the top 3 WR's that fall.