Is it me or is Mark refereed differently from every other pocket quarterback

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets4lyfah, Nov 17, 2011.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The problem is not only was he hit late but he was hit illegally, the officals had 2 chances on each of those hits and they missed.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

same happened in the Ravens game. Dude was getting lit up and no flags were thrown. Young QB, Old, doesnt matter. It has been said many times the league wants to protect QBs yet fail to protect Sanchez.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're wrong Junc. The Defense was on the field waay too long because the offense couldn't get it done. The Defense by the end of the game was GASSED. 4 days rest and a mile high atmosphere took its toll along with the grind of playing so much run Defense all game long.

4. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

If it's not called, it's not a penalty. If it is that blatant, Miller will get fined this week. But my hunch is that he will not be fined.

And again, if you look around the league, refs have not been calling many roughing the passer calls this year.

5. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Lol.

Filler

6. nyjunc

Going into that 95 yd drive the O had the ball for 31:14 and the D was on the field for 22:52. for the game the O had the ball for 32:12 and the D was on the field for 27:48. please explain how the D was on the field too long?

7. nyjunc

I don't care if he gets fined, he should have been penalized. i don't know if they have been calling less, I do know if our D hit a QB like that we'd get a flaf.

8. Cman68

Because of the altitude Junc. Have you ever tried to run several miles in high altitudes? Trust me, you have to get acclimated and the Jet D, on 4 days rest, couldn't. Being run on play after play wears a defense down. Hell, that's the very definition of "ground and pound". 27mins in Denver and not being acclimated is probably a lot closer to 40mins at sea level. It makes a huge difference Junc.

9. nyjunc

Ok but the O held it much more than the D was on the field, did you expect the O to hold it for 40 or 45 minutes? is that realistic? Was the altitude the problem when the D allowed NE to score in a min at the end of the 1st half last week? or all the chokes the last 2 + years? That's just an excuse.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Actually your both right, Junc I agree , there is no excuse for the defense to allow that guy to march 95 yards down the field with the game on the line. Gassed or not you need to find enough energy to make a stop. You make one stop and the game is over. How many missed tackles on that drive, even Revis who did nothing all game missed a tackle. Cromartie was disgraceful on that drive as well, how much cushion are you giving to those guys?

Where I think Cman has a point is you get the ball at midfield with 7 minutes to go and a 3 or 4 minutes drive that ends in points probably ends the game but instead our offense goes 3 and out. The defense played great for most of the game, I think Denver had 6 possessions that started inside the Jets 50 and only came away with 3 points but with the game on the line they got embarrassed by some Delaware Wing T bullshit.

This board is turning into an offense vs defense thing and the bottom line is both units have been awful this season. The defense has played good in spurts but we are only a gift away by Tony Romo from being a game ahead of the Phins in the standings.

As for the hits, illegal is illegal and those two Miller hits were illegal and cheap shots. The guy should have been flagged but of course we'll get some letter saying sorry and find out Miller was fined but those two 15 yard penalties would have made a huge difference especially the 2nd one as it came on a 3rd down near mid field that would have kept a drive going. The issue I have is feeding us the line that "we want to protect the QB" crap and then watching guys take hits like Sanchez did last night, at least the NBA doesn't try to hide the fact that they treat guys like Kobe and Lebron differently then everybody else.

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

How many roughing the passer calls have been called on the Jets this year?

Look, it was an iffy non-call, and Mark has gotten no roughing the passers called for him. But, neither has any other qb. Whether its because the refs are letting them play more, or they are missing calls, there seem to be a lot fewer roughing the passer calls this year.

But the answer is simple. Mark wants to not get hit, get rid of the ball quicker. Just watch Manning tapes where when teams blitz he eats them alive because he knows where he is going and lets it rip instantly. Mark doesnt do that, so he gets the shit kicked out of him.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's be honest, how many opportunities have the Jets had to actually rough the passer this season? You need to be near the QB to get called for that penalty and let's not forget the joke that they called on the Jets for "hitting" Jason Campbell that led to an Oakland TD.

13. Cman68

I believe what the D expected was fewer 3 and outs. How many 3 and outs last night Junc? How many last week against the Pats? Last nite, you can't discount the 4 day rest and the altitude as factors. Especially at this time of year when the d has already played 9 games. I think this defense just gets GASSED for whatever reason at the end of games now. Could be age, could be system, could be both. It could also be mental as the Defense has to be losing confidence in the offense at this point. They would never say it publically as you can look at what happened to Holmes and Mason as examples of not "towing the line".

14. nyjunc

I do ignore the short week, travel and high altitude b/c this D has done it over and over again in perfect conditions.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Stop calling him a quarterback

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You're absolutely right. The D is elite for 3 quarters every game. Great defenses don't allow game-winning drives. That was fuckn' terrible.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Apparantly you aren't watching. Brady has been hit late and at the knees 3 or 4 times this year with no calls.

This year the trendy point of emphisis is defenseless receivers. That's where all the calls are being made.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

When I'm high, there is no running.

Bag of Fritos and a Sam Adams

19. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Fair point, the Jets have not gotten to the qb much, and when they have, they seem to bounce off the qb. However, aside from the Campbell roughing the passer call, there really have not been too many others on the Jets this year. That is all I am saying.

20. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

his jersey looked like mangold wiped his ass with it after eating taco bell