95-yard drive to Tebow? Really???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by guinness77, Nov 17, 2011.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well Miami did it TWICE, difference is they're a bad team and we're supposed to be an 'elite' defense. If Rex makes excuses for the D again this week I'm gonna frigging lose it. This is not a clutch defense, never has been.

Like Billy Boy said last week...#1 defense? **** my ****.

2. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Ignoring the fact that Tebow has done this before vs other teams...

3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

TRUTH! And anyone who shits on you doesn't know shit. This is a fact. This is what happened to our TEAM. Pathetic!

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Really? He fucking sucks. He's an option QB. He's a whiter, bigger version of Vince fucking Evans. We're supposed to have an elite D. You don't give up 95 yard losing drives to fucking teams like this.
    Point blank.

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

When the game was on the line, Tim Tebow was too good for the Jets defense. Awful.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he did it against the Texans last year and dolphins this year, not exactly a bunch of dominating defenses.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

They found Eric Smith and abused him, Revis was afraid to tackle Tebow, then they made a retard playcall and got burned. It was surprising to see the defense collapse when it mattered most....but then again, watching this team maybe I should not have been surprised.

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It was the perfect storm.

9. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

I know it can be frustrating that you all lost . . . but when you think that Denver had like what 12 possessions and on 11 of those 12 possessions your defense held them to 3 points (other than Denver not going for a FG on the first drive) . . . surely they scored on the last drive of the game, but it is kind of a law of averages, sooner or later the team is bound to score a TD with 12 tries . . . so i think one needs to look at 3 points on 11 possession and kind of say you D did its job . . . indeed if a D only gives up 10 points all game long, even with a late TD, you are bound to win 9 out of 10 times . ..

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Welcome to our game vs him...

We were up 15-0 though...

From our article vs him...

11. GG1972

GG1972 New Member

Sorry Guys...The Jets just really aren't that good

My condolences for your loss last night. Especially to an inferior team, at least in the eyes of Holmes and Revis.

The facts are hard to face. Your vaulted defense is not longer top 10. In fact, they allow as many points per game as the Pats 32nd ranked defense that everyone talks about.

Given your offense is garbage led by Shittyheimer, and Pancho Villa, the only chance you guys have at winning consistenly is via your defense, like the last 2 years for the most part.

Tannyboob is going to have to make some hard decisions this off season. 1st of which is on Pancho. He is NOT a franchise QB, and it is highly doubtful he will lead the Jets to the promise land. He just doesn't have "it".

Conversely, look at a far inferior QB like Tebow who is perhaps is the worst passer in the NFL, and he manages to take a team on his back, get them to believe and then go 95 yards mostly on his own. That is a leader.

Pancho is neither talented nor a leader, and he looked absolutely sick after the game last night.

12. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

I really like this post. And couldn't agree more, by the way.

13. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Some of you need to learn the concept of a message board.

If you want to complain about Sanchez, Schotty or the offense in general, fine, they deserve it. There are like 2 full fucking pages of threads devoted to THAT topic. I said it right in the OP that that is the biggest reason we lost in the first place.

If you want to praise the defense for, mostly, a good game, go find one of those threads. They did play good for the most part, and this loss is certainly not on them.

But...if you're one of the posters who was fucking flabbergasted that Tim freakin' Tebow led a game-winning 95 yard drive on our "elite" defense, then this is the thread for you.

I love these "buffet" posters who just take a sentence or a paragraph and use to make whatever "point" they're trying to make. GTFO.

14. nyjunc

The D was excellent for 55 mins, the problem is those last 5 mins override the previous 55 b/c it cost us the game.

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

junc...I agree with you 110 percent. Your first post in this thread was pretty much spot on.
    The posters that come into this thread and think I don't blame Sanchez, Schotty, and co. are reading only one or two sentences and replying and derailing what this thread really is about.
    And, posters can disagree with me all they want, all I know is this defense turtleshells late in the 4th quarter quite often, but even I thought there was no way Tebow was going 95 yards. No fucking way.

16. nyjunc

I'm w/ you. The O was brutal and deserves blames as well obviously but our was given a chance to win the game and they failed.

17. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I agree with this. It's hard to get on the defense. They did all they could, and were probably dead tired when they got on the field for the last drive. The fact is that if Sanchez had not score more points for the other team than he did for the Jets, and played at an even partially competent level, that drive should have never happened.

So, while the defense had a bad drive, it is really hard to get on them when the offense, which mostly translates to Mark Sanchez, is pathetic and always forces theme to have to defend a small lead when they are absolutely exhausted and spent.

18. GG1972

GG1972 New Member

Yes, I think you are correct by putting elite in quotation marks. Again, this defense was ellite last year and the year before that. They are not elite any more. I think most are living in the past. Stats are for losers, but just look where the Jets defense is ranked and you tell me if they are "elite".

And, to further complicate matters, the Jets offense sucks big time.

That is not a winning combination.

I will say this...Tebow is hard to defend for now. Teams and players haven't seen the option offense most since college. It requires discipline and gap control, and unfortunately, the Jets have neither. They like tee'ing off on runners and banging it up front, but that all goes out the window when you have a kid that can pass, decide to keep it, or lateral to a back. Don't worry, a team will figure out hwo to defend Tebow, then it's all over. Just your bad luck it didn't happen before last night.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Hello, buffet poster.
    Thanks for immediately proving my point.

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I don't disagree with your post at all. I disagree with the bolded part, though. We defended him pretty well for 55 minutes. Actually, better than "pretty well," that's what makes the winning drive even harder to take, for me.