What needs to come as a result of this loss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Nov 18, 2011.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

This team really misses Braylon, or someone to stretch the field the way he did. RT needs to be addressed, We need a Pass rusher in the deft and we need to get younger and faster in the LB corp. Another Guard wouldn't hurt as Moore is getting up there in years.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

schotty must go.

3. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Lots of BEER needs to come as a result of this.

4. scrock

scrock New Member

everything you said sounds great, except for you still have Sanchez included in these plans for the future

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You've seen his GQ photo spread, right?

6. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

nothing will happen...the blitz at the end of the game was boneheaded call by Pettine. You make Tebow throw to beat you and they basically said he we are rushing 8, with man to man...scared? Nope he was like thank god i can run an don't have to throw a ball into the dirt.

The team needs more speed..plain and simple they are a slow team on both sides of the ball. No vertical threat at receiver - granted even if they had one they wouldn't throw it more than 10 yards, no legit pass rusher, slow at LB, and painfully slow at safety.

An Hunter is a complete bust at RT.

7. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

This i can completely agree with. We need more beer.

8. ppls17

ppls17 Member

Team overview IMO

Safety - Smith is awful cant cover and just makes dumb plays, would love to see us target griffin in fa.

LB - They are struggling at times however i think bad safety play is making them seem worse than they are. Scott and harris are fine inside and pace is solid against run. Think its a perfect position to take a couple draft selections with

Defensive line - Inconsistant but think we addressed that in last draft. Wilkerson will only get better and hopefully ellis starts to contribute. If he doesnt look to draft someone for this position in 1st round.

TE/WR - Keller has not looked the same this year and mulligan is awful. Kerley shows flashes and i think hell be good but we need a big wr with some speed to stretch the field and work to marks strength his playaction. I think Vincent jackson would be the best fit here however im not sure its even worth dealing with his agent over.

RT - Probable the biggest weakness on the team and i can only hope and pray we address it. Doesnt matter how good a qb is no chance when you have no confidence your going to get lit up constantly

QB - Not on board with sanchez hate i think hell be good but there are some things that worry me. He doesnt throw it away often taking avoidable sacks and the ducking on throws must stop.(hell mary last night best example)

Good thing is we have a strong secondary a strong core on our offensive line, a qb i think will keep improving and a full collection of draft picks and cap space this offseason. I would imagine we would get some compensation picks as well. We lost a few fa this year obviously and some of them should provide decent compensation picks if i understand it correctly.

9. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I agree with a lot of what you had to say except the DLine. Pouha, Devito, and Wilk are going to be a great 3 front for a few years. And when Ellis finally improves we will have a sure fire line, and I do not agree we should go Dline in the first round next season. We have too many other wholes.

10. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Some smart ass chemist has to come up with something stronger than "Pepsi Bismol" because it no longer has any affect after years of getting heartburn and indigestion watching this team!

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

A first rounder on a defensive lineman? We have too many other needs. Unless there's someone we can't pass up, which I doubt, it doesn't make sense.

12. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

we're gonna get a linebacker in the first round most likely. There's more depth at that position in terms of quality players in the 1st round where we don't have to reach.

If the safety class was better in 2012, i'd say it might be a safety but there's literally no first round talent. Mark Barron(ALA) is probably the best of the crop and he's decent but i don't think he'll be there late 2nd round and he's certainly not worth a 1st.

it's either going to be a LBer or an OT.

13. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

LB. That simple. Tanny will be doing some trading but I expect us to be fairly solid for the 2012 season.

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i'd rather have the tuna come back and send tanny back to the bean-counter and salary cap functions.

there is no way hunter would start at right tackle if tuna were gm or coach. he would scour free agents , taxi squads, or the waiver wire. ditto for mulligan.

i watched him take away playcalling from weis with the jets, and sean peyton with the boys. shotty would not be calling plays right now.

and, if some of you really want peyton manning, i'd rather have tuna making that trade than tanny. i can still remember the lito shepard disaster, as well as the picks for edwards and cromartie tanny gave up.

would we be as bad at safety and offensive line if we had those picks?

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Tuna's last two projects haven't exactly been world beaters bub...

look no further for most of his tenure in Dallas (except maybe the end) and the dolphins.

that ship has sailed.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Nice post. Not sure a big splash is needed in off-season but there are some definite holes on this team.

1) Like the red zone threat Plaxico provides.After losing so much time in jail though, I'd expect him to just go to the highest bidder & somebody will probably outbid Jets there.

2) TE position is weak. Don't like Keller's blocking but at least he's capable of catching passes. Other TE on this roster don't block, don't catch, and can't even avoid penalties. Honestly, if Jets can get two TE that can block well, I'd be OK letting Keller go (assuming Plaxico + Kerley + Holmes are back).

3) OL issues u laid out pretty well.

4) Jets need a pass rusher but unless there's a franchise qb on the board, nobody lets a pass rushing stud slip by them draft day. Even teams with good pass rushers on their roster will draft one if they can. Either FA or hope Maybin can pack on some weight.

5) If Safeties can't be upgraded, then maybe a LB with more speed that can help out more in coverage & get to the edge quicker. Jets are the only team in NFL that can eliminate Welker's presence with just one player. Don't expect them to get somebody to shutdown Gronkowski but at least slow him down so that a decent pass rush will prevent Brady --> Gronkowski.

6) Not sure if the OC needs to change because the OL has struggled so much this season. I'm surprised how quickly the tide appears to be turning against Sanchez but Eli also faced enormous criticism in NY until he won SB ring. QB gets too much credit for winning & too much blame for losing.

Don't think Sanchez will ever be one of the elite qb like Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Brees that can sling the ball 30+ times consistently & carry an offense. However, I really think Sanchez can be Phil Simms or even a little better & that's pretty damn good. Simms would be HOF if he didn't get hurt & Hostetler finished off the second SB Season for Parcell's Giants.

#36 ajax, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011