Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Coach K, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This game was made for kleptomaniacs...

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

[YOUTUBE]imvKWqXl-vg[/YOUTUBE]
    So far, Illusion and Conjuration work the best.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

First off let me say this is one of the better RPG's I've ever played and its by far my favorite genre. I also myself have an extensive collection (I'll save it for another thread)

Its Oblivion streamlined (love the changes they made as far as the skills, leveling up, eliminating athletics and acrobatics)

The graphics are amazing this blows any fallout or previous Bethesda project out the water IMO.

anyways onto my char and experiences

FIRST QUESTION?

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. I killed the Dragon at Eldersblood Peak and it glitched. The final blow on the dragon sent him tumbling downhill and he landed and never fully died for me to absorb the Dragon Soul for the corresponding shout you learn atop the hill.

My question is do the Dragons at marked locations respawn? otherwise its impossible for me to learn that Shout at this point.

SIDENOTE

I made an Orc and dedicated just about all of my money to Mastering Smithing. Lvl 23 or 24 and most skills are Heavy Armor, Two Handed, One Handed, Block, Sneak, Enchanting (lvling this up is a bitch) and Lockpicking.

Anyone know where I can find Daedra Hearts?

I've been hunting dragons to craft the armor obviously but Daedra Weapons are the strongest you can forge in this game.

Also its funny how in depth the character interactions change on your race. they really did a good job on that. Alot of people will make remarks about me being an Orc both positive and negative. even if its just villagers that walk by.

Even in town at one point I had crafted a set of Dwarven Armor and a guard said "thats some fine armor you have there. Dwarven make if I'm not mistaken?"

alot of little details have been put into this game to make the experience more interesting than just completing quests.

Anyone decide to be a Werewolf or Vampire? I havent stumbled upon a vampire yet but became a Werewolf during the Companions quests.

I cured myself when you cure Kodlak's spirit cause I like the Well Rested bonus. helped alot when Mastering Smithing since you only have to wait 48 hrs for stores inventory to respawn.

A thing I love about this game is the random Dragon spawning. I will fast travel to towns only to get dropped right in the middle of a Dragon attacking a town.

Dragons are pretty easy IMO but I have alot of Heavy Armor bonuses and always stay equipped to the tee, especially now that I can make Legendary equipment.

/rant

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This game is a lot of fun. I played Oblivion when it came out for the PC, and can say this is so much better. I hated the level scaling in Oblivion, but this game seemed to have addressed that. The graphics are beautiful, and the cities don't look like ghost towns anymore. Much better atmosphere.

Went with an Argonian again (I think they look badass), and decided to go the magic route instead of some jacked up warrior like before. Pretty cool, and keeps me engaged since I don't have patience for video games anymore.

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I WANT SOME MEAD!!!

[YOUTUBE]1j-EyBNZozE[/YOUTUBE]

6. LukeyBCFC

LukeyBCFC New Member

Little bit too time consuming for me, I prefer games you can pick up and play, not games you spend days on end playing to update your sword!!

7. CatoTheElder

Try apothecary shops. They're rare and random but they show up every now-and-again. The Deadra gear isn't supposed to be easy to find or make, though.

8. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Well I think I'm maybe halfway through the Dark Brotherhood quest line. It's been a lot of fun so far. I may do a few Thieves Guild quests when I get home today.

Overall, I havent been playing as much as I'd like, since my x-box is hooked up to the main TV, which is also where my pizza keeps her Wii. Solution: New TV Get, put wii in basement. Now I'm going to have a pants shitting Skyrim marathon! No interruptions!!!!

FU ROH DA!!!!!!!!!

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I lost so much time playing Shivering Islands... best expansion ever for Oblivion. Skyrim looks great... I'll wait before buying a copy so Bethesda can work out a first patch (which will be needed like all Bethesda games...).

10. CatoTheElder

First patch is already out. You can check Bethesda's blog or their forums, they'll probably announce them.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

SO the game was realeased on the 11th and 10 days later there's already a patch!? Haha gotta love Bethesda!

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

This is amazing

[YOUTUBE]Ip7QZPw04Ks[/YOUTUBE]

13. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I'm waiting for the Game of the year edition that'll have all the expansion packs which will come out next year or sometime after the last expansion pack.

14. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I've given myself a personal side quest.

I am filling my house in Whiterun (Breeze Home) with wheels of cheese, also wedges of cheese -- any cheese.

/Cheese Home

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

First off the dragons are not connected to the shouts they guard. You can learn them without even fighting them. An elder dragon and a blood dragon have the same exact soul. One is not more powerful then the other. Go to the menu click magics go down to shout and hold x or sornthing to learn it.

About the daedra hearts, find Merunes Dagons shrine and do the quest. The daedra outside of the shrine and inside respawn every 48 hours in game time.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah I finally figured out the dragon soul thing.

the print was just so small at the bottom of the screen I was hitting everything else

didnt know about the shrine for hearts. thanks.

Ive spent most of my time doing side quests and mastering skills.

anyone know if you can raise skill over 100?

17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

You can't technically but if you have a skill at 100, you can use enchantments to get it past 100. My heavy armor is 125.

The level cap is 81 not 50. You can keep getting perks up until 81 as well.

I'm a straight nerd when it comes to The Elder Scrolls. I can answer any and every single question you have. PM if you have any more questions or better yet add me if you have 360.

GT: A Crazy Knicker

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Got this game for Christmas, going to fire it up later today. I just had to wait until I got the platinum with Uncharted 3 which I did earlier today (took this week off work, too many had last week off with Christmas and stuff).

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I got this for Xmas as well - enjoyed it s much i havent even tried out batman arkham city or space marin ewhich i also got.

really enjoyed morrowind and oblivion but this is more fun - i have it on my xbox and the absence of glitches and crashes compared to pc versions is just great - plus of course the much bigger screen

as ever i went for a tank character but if i replay this at all i will try going mage which i neer normally do in rpgs

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Really loving this game so far. I'm about level 15, playing a Nord going mostly two handed and heavy armor style, although my archery isn't bad either. I've only killed two or three dragons so far but man is it satisfying taking one of those suckers down.

Probably going to attempt a second play through of just the main story line with a wood elf thief as nothing beats being a thief in Elder Scrolls games.

Sometimes I find the game a bit too big though and just so filled with stuff it gets distracting. I'll be going on a simple mission but on the way to running there I notice that there is a dungeon nearby so I go over there, clear the dungeon, come out and head back on the trail and see something else and wander over there and then finish with that and wander over to something else. Eventually I remember that I was out here to do a quest and when I look at the map I've wandered about about a 20 minute walk from where I need to be haha