Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. LukeyBCFC

LukeyBCFC New Member

Wow, and I thought Manning was overpaid, how is Sanchez on that much money... His agent must be :rofl:

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You can always cut a few overrated all-pros on our team such as Revis and Mangold along with DBrick and Harris. And while you're at it, cut Santonio as well. Let Peyton make a gem out of Schotty McKnight and lets trade for Woodhead to be Peyton's Wes Welker.

Oh, and cut Woody Johnson as well. He's useless on the field.

3. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

GTFO with this bullshit. I wouldn't trade Sanchez for Manning straight up

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

here we go again

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Get real. Manning is God. I would trade for Manning with Sanchez and the next 15 first rounders...straight up.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Yes, if I was Jets GM, after a physical, I would absolutely trade Sanchez for Manning. But that's not happening.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

A great point was brought up in the Adrian Peterson thread...

We should sign Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning, its even more brilliant than the title of this thread!

You could have Schaub backing up Manning, Manning backing up Schuab, Schuab playing running back in wild cat with Manning playing TE for Mulligan

Endless Possibilities... Sign these Beasts!

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

You would seriously give away our entire franchise MAYBE 3 years at best???

Im hoping I just didnt pick up on your sarcasm, which Im pretty good at

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Will Colts take Sanchez for Manning? They can pick Luck, so why would they?

But if that's the end of the story, I wouldn't have posted this:

Here's an interesting solution. Skins will need a QB, but they will be out of range to pick either Luck or Barkley. So... if Jets are willing to package Sanchez to the Skins for their 1st and 2nd, wouldn't they bite it? (At least Sanchez is better than Grossman and Beck combined, which isn't saying much by the way. AND he is a proven commodity, unlike the college graduate prospects.)

Now, with the new 1st and 2nd, Jets should be able to persuade Colts to trade Manning away - now that's the deal they would bite, no?

10. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Stop bitching about sanchez, the OL basically did not protect him at all in the first half, shonn greene and tomlinson cant catch a ball, causing the first interception.
    Honestly, his only (terrible) mistake was the INT in the end, but damn, the pats were already 14 pts ahead, this loss goes for the D and the OL in first half
    And so what if sanchez called the timeout? Aint this supposed to be the best defense rex? it should've stopped brady, no excuses

11. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Are you serious????

There is not one team in the NFL that would give up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick for a very mediocre QB.

12. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

1. Why was the OP banned, for anything he dished, he received it three times as hard. (I didn't fully read through from my phone)

2. I agree with him fully, and have thought about it for a few weeks. Assuming he gets a clean bill of health, does anyone not think we would be automatic super bowl favorites the next 3 years?

Fozzi, you keep talking about having to cut people, why? We get Manning, that means Mark is gone, the difference at the moment is embarrassingly just a few mil.

Are the 2011 Indianapolis Colts not evidence enough of the impact a super-elite QB can make?

We've already got Moore on staff... sorta. Peyton is an OC in his own right and could be the way to run Schotty out of town, because he won't be afraid to speak up about poor play design and play calling.

I understand it's a little madden-ish, but it's not far from the realm of possibility if the Colts take Luck. Even getting Manning in '13 after the Colts can buy out or opt out of his deal.

If you think I'm wrong, crazy, retarded, etc -- give me solid reasons. Convince me I'm wrong.

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

If you assume that Mark Sanchez is an average NFL QB, there are guys at that level in free agency almost every year. So what are we giving away?

I don't think he's any better than Campbell or Hasselbeck at this point in time. Can he be? Of course, but how long are we expected to wait.

Brees was a late bloomer and flipped the switch in his 4th year (third as a starter). If Mark doesn't take the leap by the end of next year, it's time to consider him an expendable, upgradable part of the team.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Man, is it Texas thing? Or are you that retarded?

Look at the options:

On one hand, you have:

Rex Grossman, John Beck, or less-than-stellar college prospect. (Skins won't be able to get their hands on either Luck or Barkley)

And on the other hand, you have:

Mark Sanchez

Now convince me that Sanchez is worse than all of the three options above.

15. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

The possibility that Mark Sanchez is better than the likes of Rex Grossman and co doesn't make him worth a 1st and 2nd. That's not how it works.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

1. He got a little mouthy with me, so i dispatched him.

2. I would be shocked if Manning gets a clean bill of health anywhere after 3 neck surgeries during a 1 year span. Sanchez has been less than stellar recently, but let's be serious, we wouldn't exactly be trading for/signing Peyton Manning circa 2005. I'm getting a little tired of bringing in stop-gap players that are past their primes.

I'm not saying Sanchez is the long term answer either, i'm saying if they're going to cut bait with him, there are other avenues we should be taking....like finding another QB in a future draft, or bringing in another coach/system.

17. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

I don't disagree with that, but there is no way in hell the Skins give up a 1st and 2nd for Mark Sanchez.

Average NFL QB's don't command a 1st and 2nd.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So what do you think Skins will have to do to improve the QB situation then?

Remember, this is purely speculative in the first place, but imagine, as a Skins GM, you know Sanchez is available, and is better than all the options you have up there. What different thing will you do there?

19. TheGreenCantona

I am not convinced it is impossibly if we really wanted to do it. A lot needs to happen, which it probably wont, but still doable.
    colts need to pick Luck - which I actually holds as pretty certain by now
    Manning needs to leave - i actually think he would

Jets needs to part with Sanchez - wont happen

Case closed.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

As much as this thread is a joke, if the Woody wants to sell out the rest of the PSL's this move has the Favre move all over it. It's the kind of high profile move both Woody and Tannenbaum love.