Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Vegas has us as 1.5 point favorites over yall. But basically they think you guys will win since the hometeam always gets a +3.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Its upsetting how either 3/4 of the nation either hates on the Jets that badly or they're are that misled by a good start to a team that has been terrible the last decade.

Now Im not saying that the Jets are going to win and that they should be favored by amore than 10%, but really?!?!

In reality this means shit and I could care less what the nation thinks about the Jets, they do better as an underdog anyway.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

That the one thing I dont get, the Jets havent gotten ANY repsect from what we have down the past 2 seasons. NONE at all. No one ever picks us for anything, everyone makes excuses when we win. Yet the Bills start 5-2 and already have the respect from everyone,

It just boggles my mind. Even teams like the 49ers and Lions are getting all this respect.

I guess cuz all of our big wins have come in the postseason, we dont get credit. If we went 13-3 the last two seasons but then went one a done in the playoffs, we would be one of those feared teams like the Chargers and Patriots and get picked to win the Super Bowl even though they cant win a playoff game anymore.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

because rex is fat, cocky, and confident.

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Fans feed off of the media. The Jets have been portrayed as a major disappointment for most of the year, while the Bills have been one of the 2 or 3 biggest stories over the first half of the season. As such, they've been getting blown by the press all year. Very few of these fans even realize that despite this huge discrepancy in the perception of the 2 teams we are only 1 game out of first place.

And yeah, the fact that pretty much anyone who isn't a Jets fan hates us probably plays a part as well.

6. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

It could be that the Bills have simply looked more impressive than the Jets and the rest of the country has realized that.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I believe that's called an aberration.

Don't be too disappointed when you lose Sunday.

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

What is the current betting line on this game?

9. BuffBillsFan28

BuffBillsFan28 New Member

The reason behind many people picking the Jets has been a combination of reasons. The Jets offense has looked awful most of the season while the Bills have been very balanced and consistent. This combined with some of the Jets struggles stopping the run and rushing the passer and the Jet defense isn't as dominant this year as it has been in some recent years.

Despite the fact that the Bills have given up a ton of yards this year, I'm not sure the Jets offense will be able to take advantage.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Honestly thats what im worried about to. If the offense comes out flat I can see the Bills slowly running away with the game.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its great to be the underdogs against the Bills. The Jets have shown consistent incremental improvement over the past 3 weeks. The Bills have played well this season so good for them. Should be a classic Bills/Jets game.

12. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Love the prediction. If we get the advantage relative to stought 3rd-down defense and avoiding costly turnovers and penalties, I think we'll beat the Bills in Buffalo this weekend.

:jets::bills_suck:

13. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

14. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Exactly. Everyone hates Rex, which in turn means they hate the Jets. When you come out year after year and guarantee super bowls and you don't get it, and then all that foot fetish nonsense, on top of us making the AFC Title game the last two seasons, it's a firestorm.

And I love it, because it shows us they're scared.

15. VernonGholston

VernonGholston New Member

Right because the last decade is going to have a huge impact on Sunday's game. :up:

And are you guys seriously about not getting respect? You guys are one of the most overrated teams in the nation. And if the Bills are only getting 1.5 at home, bettors basically have the Jets as favorites since the home team normally is given a field goal.

I'm sure all Jets fans view the Bills as fluke but the bottomline is they have played better than the Jets this season. The Bills have beaten 3 teams with winning records (Oak, NE, KC), one team with a losing record that is the most talented in the NFL (Philly), and only have 2 3 point losses on the road to 2 5-2 teams (Cincy, Giants). The Jets had a very unimpressive victory against the awful Fins and 2 overrated QBs throw up all over themselves to give you wins.

Furthermore, you have the 29th offense with a QB that most non-Jet fans recognize as average as best. Your running game, oline, and Defense that were once top 3 aren't as good as they have been. So you have a team that Sanchez has to carry more and IMO, he is not a QB that is consistently able to do that.

I have no idea what will happen on Sunday but I do believe he Bills are much, much improved football team. It will be a big statement to step up and beat a Jets team that smashed our heads in the last 2 years.

P.S. I do believe Rex Ryan is a top 3 coach and gets the absolute most out of a defense that isn't filled with all pros besides Revis.

16. VernonGholston

VernonGholston New Member

I do think Ryan talks too much but I'd love him if I was a player for him.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

the Bills are a nice story but the bottom line is, the jets have better players. if they do their jobs and hold onto the football we should beat Bills by at least 10 points. I expect Holmes to have a big game against that secondary ... 100+ yards receiving - 2TDs

Jets 31
    Bills 20

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Did I say the last decade would have any impact on the game? I was saying that people's views are just contorted bc they either hate the Jets and Rex Ryan, or they are buying into a great start by a historically bad team.

Never said the past decade of the Bills would cause one team to win. Although I do think that the Jets play better when they are the underdog and have the world against them.

We may look back on this season in a year or two and not view this season for the Bills as a fluke, but a beginning, but as of right now, it is nothing more than a fluke. Unless they can constantly win (more than one year) than you can't not say it is a fluke.

The Bills have played a better season than the Jets so far, yes. But right now, they are coming into form. The Baltimore game is an outlier vs the best defense in the league with out out best offensive player, Manglold, which we have all seen how vital he is to the offenses success. No mangold in the raiders game combined with only playing 30 minutes of football = loss. The last two weeks the Jets have played very well- and dont discredit the Jets defense from making Rivers look bad. Rivers is BY FAR not overrated. Yes, he isnt as clutch as top 3 QB's should be, and yes he is having a terrible year so far, but is an elite QB. Romo is overrated, but some of that second half melt down has to be credited to the Jets defense.

And Bufalo caught Philly and KC right when the were playing as one of the worst teams in the NFL.

19. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Maybe the reason we caught KC and Philly playing their worst football is because they were playing us. Since we beat Philly, they havent lost. Maybe they started playing good football against us, we just were the better team.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

KC lost their second best defensive player mid-game, combine that with a Bills team that was playing their best football, and a Chiefs team not... Bills win big.

Philly is arguably the most talented team in the NFL. You played them early when the were garbage and it seemed like anyone could beat them. They simply werent a team then, just a bunch of high paid, talented pros, playing. Now they are rolling on all cylinders and I think if the Bills played them now, the outcome would be different.

The Bills are playing VERY good football, dont get me wrong, I just think their record is so good bc they caught teams at their lows, and it wasnt just one bad game against the bills, it was 3 in a row of bad football for Philly and KC. I think this game will be close and a very good one, I still think the Jets win tho bc we are a more talented team that is just hitting its stride.