Mark Sanchez vs Josh Freeman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Stats a good tool when used correctly. Remember, Freeman had the pleasure of playing the NFC West last year as well as the Panthers twice.

13 TDs and 0 INTS in these 6 games against the Conferences worst competition.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

He still has the same average salary per year ($10m) as Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers......

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

At least we get the NFC West next year. To bad by then they will probably be a lilll better.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

thats what was wrong with the old system. we were forced to give him that $.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Per rotoworld:
    ...and this fag is supposed to be elite?

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

thank god we traded up to grab Mark and didn't waste a first round pick on Josh Bustman

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I wonder how good Sanchez would look throwing jump balls to Megatron.

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You guys are killing Stafford and Freeman too much. They're both good QBs, on par or better talent-wise to Sanchez. The best thing Sanchez has going for him is the killer instinct, he plays great in big games and especially in the clutch. I wouldn't trade that for any of them.

Between the 3:

Stafford: Fundamentally the best QB but too injury prone and aided by having Calvin Johnson.
    Freeman: Most raw talent but needs more polish. Exceeds against inferior talent, looks sub-par against better teams and defenses. Very mobile and eludes the pass rush better than most QBs.
    Sanchez: Has the 'IT Quality' stepping into NY media spotlight his rookie year and commandeering the Jets to consecutive AFCCG appearances. Inconsistency and accuracy his biggest faults but great when the game/season is on the line. Also has great mobility and pocket presence.

All three should be top 10 QB's once the likes of Brady, Manning, Brees, Vick. etc. fall from grace.

#148 Rockefella, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Lol. Its funny: Sanchez has a good game, Freeman has a bad one, now Mark is clearly better. Freeman plays well, Sanchez doesn't, and its vice versa.

The truth is we wont find out who is the better qb for a few years. Sanchez has won games and is improving. Freeman had a great season last year and has shown more flashes but has regressed. Stafford looks good when he plays, but he's hurt too much and has Calvin Johnson.

This will continue to be an interesting debate as they grow. Right now, its a close race between all 3 qbs in terms of which one you want going forward.

You prefer physical tools and one very good season? Take Freeman.

You prefer arm strength and passing numbers? Take Stafford.

You prefer a guy who has won road playoff games and played pretty well there? Take Sanchez.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Josh Freeman hasn't won anything in this league. Freeman was never a winner and I don't think he'll ever become one.

I've been against him as a player since before he was drafted. It makes me happy to see him fail.

All of the top ten talk at the beginning of the year was uncalled for. He's one of the most overrated players in the league.

FTR, I don't remember bashing Matthew Stafford for anything other than being injury prone. He's the most physically gifted of the three.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It's good to have the guy that actually wins.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Freeman is taller.

13. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Vick top 10. Way overrated. Not a big game player. See his playoff shistory.

Sanchez commandeering the team to consecutive AFCCG appearances. Do you really think it was Sanchez that did this or a dominant defense. So if we have another QB other than Sanchez we would not go to AFCCG?

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Sanchez was vital, yes the D led the way but our QB has proven he can play on the big stage and make big plays to win games- something much better fantasy QBs(like Rivers) have not proven they can do.

15. tommytom

tommytom Banned

so you think Sanchez is better than Rivers at this point in his career?

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Fantasy football has the skewed the way a lot of football fans see the game.

They don't see the little things anymore. It's all about statistics.

17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm not debating this bullshit. I'm going to leave it at this:

Yes he had a great supporting cast. Yes his play was underwhelming statistically. Yes another QB could have stepped in and done similar or better but:

We have no fucking way of knowing AND he did win those games. He did what he had to do to win and played well overall. Sanchez was NOT the reason the Jets lost in the AFCCG against the Colts and the Steelers. He was a god damn rookie, what do you expect?

18. tommytom

tommytom Banned

it is almost impossible to compare qb's. I think Sanchez was great yesterday. But to compare stats is meaningless as how do you compare a guy who plays in NJ to a guy who plays in San Diego or a dome. Dumb

19. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

How many playoff wins does Freeman and Stafford have?? Even then I think Stafford looks the best so far when he can stay on the field but injuries must go into mind too. Its still to early to tell, give it 2 more years to really find out.

20. tommytom

tommytom Banned

dumb question. That is like asking how many Super Bowl Rings do Marino and Dilfer have?