aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

No doubt Maybin is showing potential under this coaching staff(Rex), and it appears from the post on the Bill board that Chan had all but given up on him

. So, you have to be thinking that with a whole season in this system and then the off season to work on his technic and add a few pounds, he could really prove a huge steal for the Jets.

One thing for sure, he sure seem very happy to be a Jet and plays like one as well. Here is hoping that he will grow to love the team that chose to give him the second chance and actually help him over come his limitations and improve his strengths.

As well as take out all his anger on all those teams that never even gave him a second look or thought after the Bill declared him a bust........

#161 fltflo, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see Maybin play in 2 weeks. After seeing his interview, he is fired up to be on the Jets and is out to prove people wrong. I have a feeling he's going to be a man on a mission against the Bills.

3. nym05

nym05 New Member

maybin is really the only legit pass rusher we have. we need to improve in that department big time.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

Hopefully, with two weeks working in the system to get ready, Maybin lays a thumping on Fitzharvard in our next game

and then ends Brady's season the following week

5. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Maybin is gonna run wild in Buffalo...2 sacks hopefully

6. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Maybin has just the right skill set for this team. The rest of the D covers up his flaws. He doesn't usually get to the QB right away, but the Jets can rest easier if they let a guy hang out in the pocket because Maybin does a really good job of tracking him down eventually. Not pretty, but it's working.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

gotta love the kid's hustle...... say what you want about his technique, he's been a playmaker so far for the JETS. :up:

:jets:

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

9. 624

624 Banned

Maybin's arms are facking long.

10. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

This is what did it for me his 1st play on the field this game 3rd and long he gets a sack off the edge. He didnt get washed out he got under hooked and jumped over it then exploded onto Rivers. He leads our team in sacks and plays a fraction of the downs. This guy is gonna keep getting better and I'm happy I'm one who never gave up on him and was happy with the signing

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Maybin were black we'd be comparing him to LT

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I don't recall him getting washed out this game like he had been in previous weeks. The coaching staff seems to be teaching him a few new things. Hopefully he can develop another rushing move over the course of the season and then some muscle/balance over the offseason. I really like what I've seen from him so far.

13. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Anybody have a clip of the Maybin sack today???

14. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Gotta love this kid as a Jet - seems to be continuing to improve and brings a much needed burst of speed to our pass rush. I'm surprised he didn't see more snaps today but he's certainly making the most of the ones he's getting. That drive-ending sack was huge.

15. AirGreen20

AirGreen20 New Member

BEEN SAYIN WE NEED MAYBIN!... Jets rush can be so good if and when they let him get more SNAPS..

I was a fan of Maybin in the Pre-season another Jet fan and I would always talk about this kid, and really couldn't fathom why they cut him as most of u share the same thoughts..

4 games played...3 sacks..3.Forced Fumbles.. and i believe 10 tackles..

Lol i did see him try a spin move, he also tries a mini bull rush. Lol also he tried to duck under the offensive lineman's arms and fell, got back up in 0.2 secs haha

like rex said 'Hey crazy man your not bad at rushing the passer kid!"

16. AirGreen20

AirGreen20 New Member

I still dont understand why the limit his reps on D, there better be a plan we dont know about. I think as time goes along and he learns more that he will drop back in coverage, he did it in the miami game. He could be useful dropping back, with his speed he can cover ground.. Flats, slant routes and drags underneath.

He will DEF see more reps vs Buffalo, Im sure He wants to get a sack in that game, lol im sure Rex would like to rub it in the bills face also

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

His reps are limited because he can't play the run any better than we can if you put one of us out there.

He's got a long, long way to go to be an every down player.

And pass rushers drop into coverage for about 9% of their snaps over the course of an entire season.

18. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

are you blind? :rofl:

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How do people still not get that joke?

20. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Where is that clown Bills Fan

Rex has brought out the best in Maybin, something the inept Bills coaching staff was unable to do. I'm sure it's killing that clown Bills fan that came on here telling everyone how terrible Maybin was!

P.S. Remember that living well is the best revenge!