2011 Fatcesa thread (Jets related only) - Revis owns fatty on 10/21/2011

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2. SAR I

SAR I Member

Please tell me which of Mike Francesa's platforms on the Jets is inaccurate and/or something so far from the truth that it deserves such hatred.

I'm an avid Jets fan and completely ambivalent on Francesa. I just don't see why he gets so many Jets fans worked up when he seems to be speaking truthfully, objectively, as any other NFL fan would likely do.

I'm new here, not trying to be difficult. I really just want to know. Besides over-talking his callers and acting in a condescending manner on occasion, what is he saying about the Jets that rubs you so wrongly?

SAR I

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just watched the video. Revis is the man.

4. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

You just can't make this shit up. Francessa is a delusional loon.

5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Boomer and Carton is a hate it or love it show that's for sure. But it's a perfect show for the 'ass-crack of down' commute. Carton isn't dragging Boomer anywhere. Their ratings are very strong and IMO it's a great duo.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

A good amount of it can be derived from calling the cowboys win luck when anyone who has heard him knows he would be spinning it as an improbably great comeback had the giants won under the same circumstances.

7. SAR I

SAR I Member

That's fair, definitely. So the issue is that he gives preferential treatment to the Giants then?

SAR I

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

That's a big part of my beef with him. The other issue is that he absoulutely refuses to give Rex and the Jets their due such as the other day when he said it was no big deal that the Jets won in Foxboro in the playoffs, as if the Jets were 10 pt favorites who rolled over the Pats in the previous game.

Oh and then there's the whole Braylon saga. Fatty acted as if Braylon was a serial killer after his DWI. LT rapes a 16 yr old forced into prostitution and now is a registered sex offender?

No big deal according to Fatty.

The guy's a hater. End of story.

9. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

No one at WFAN has the balls to criticize thus putz. Evan Roberts tweeted he would address the situation Monday, and that he thought both sides were in the wrong. If he actually takes him to task I'll give Roberts a ton of credit

10. SAR I

SAR I Member

Got it. Makes sense now. Thanks for clarifying.

SAR I

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

about to listen to the new WFAN host, the kid who won the competition a few weeks ago. he's a dolphin fan. he uses 'back afta dis' when he goes to break. he idolizes francesa. i'm sure he'll defend him 100%

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]_q34B1yxOEg[/YOUTUBE]

13. section337

section337 New Member

Are you kidding me? Like honestly are you just trying to get a rise out of people? Mike Francesa has a personal vengeance against the jets, they embody all that he hates about about the game, and go about their business in the exact opposite fashion of the giants. He belittles them on a daily basis, and thoroughly enjoys it. He makes it a point to dissect everyone of their miscues, while disregarding or downplaying their accolades and accomplishments. The thing about Mike is that he does it in such a, for lack of a batter word, sneaky manner. If you're a new listener (as im guessing you are) you might wonder why we accuse him of being so biased and unfair to the jets, as 99% of what he says about us is absolutely true. But the way that he presents his info, and conveniently leaves out the good bits, is what makes me hate him with a deep, deep, passion. Its very hard to explain mike, but listen to him more and more and youll see what I mean.

14. SAR I

SAR I Member

I've been listening to WFAN since 1987 when it first was born, was listening on my little AM radio that first night, in fact.

I find Francesa an entertaining listen, I don't take him too seriously. In this case, you're right- he's creating a mania about the Jets just to get Mets fans to call in during the offseason, and he's doing it masterfully. Been doing it for the last three years, playing them like a fiddle.

When you cut through the emotions and his snarky delivery and listen only to what he's preaching, he's merely reiterating what most of the NFL media is saying. His drama is purely for ratings, but the data is not far-fetched. The Jets are underperforming, Rex and his boasting are getting old, Sanchez is regressing, the D looks old and slow, etc. That's all I'm saying.

SAR I

15. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

The guy is worthless. He isn't worth his own thread, nor is he anything resembling a journalist, on air-talent, etc. How does anyone:
    a) give a fuck about anything he says about anything?
    b) ever listen to his show?
    c) grant him interviews knowing his extreme anti-jets bias?

16. section337

section337 New Member

Wow my apologies, turns out you know damn well of the fatman's ways, we just happen to see it in different lights. Anyways, i totally agree with what you left off with, in that he simply regurgitates whats being said on every other media outlet. After watching espn reruns all morning you can more or less predict exactly what mikes going to come out with.

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Dont give a fuck what the stats are. That Matt Moore character had all day in the pocket.

18. 624

624 Banned

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

incarcerated bob just called into WFAN to get on Fatcesa saying that WFAN or whoever is speaking now (just tuned in) is kissing his (Fatcesa) butt.

#2099 mute, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  20. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Thats pretty funny. The steve sommers impersonation was great.

"And its, its goneee, Its an A-Bomb from A-Rod"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.