OK, Now Kris Jenkins is starting to piss me off..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Oh.. They were there the past few seasons.... People were all ready with their playbooks about how the loss of Faneca or Thomas Jones ruined the teams leadership... Heck, in year 1 during the losses that prompted Rex to think the playoffs were out of reach, all the "leadership" and "Rex has too big a mouth" crankers came out of the woodwork.

But, winning wiped that away......

The "loss of leadership" excuse is always there for some jackal to pull out and score some points when a team loses.

Meanwhile - If Mangold stays healthy, the team has a much better chance to win another game and 4-2 keeps the "Leadership" whiners at bay for another week.

I'm more of a fan interested in hearing real X's and O's and Matchup talk than some phantom excuses that change with the wind... Again, they play this game with the Giants all the time... Crazy Talk.. A waste of time...

I'd much rather hear ex players talk FOOTBALL and matchups and X's and O's....

2. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Jenkins comments are a blessing IMO. It should be able to bring the locker room together.

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

Everyone wants to throw dirt on our best defender of the last decade not named revis

not even in the top ten for the last decade

3 seasons -- two of them spent on the IR

cmon man

4. Massena

Massena New Member

Guys who used to play for a team, like our team go out and get new jobs as media guys. They don't play here anymore, they don't have to toe the team line any more and they have new responsibilities, which are to create controversy and stir the pot and so they do. We take offense because we're fans who love our team. We shouldn't. We should read what they say and move on. Every piece of information is grist to our mill or should be. Jenks is just another guy trying to make a living.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Kris Jenkins, the leader of NY Jets for 7 games out of 38, turns against his former team the moment he retires.

Yeah Kris, if you were such a leader, why are you bitching? Your leadership was a joke the last two years and glad we got rid of ur salary eating, gigantic ass. I bet ur wife put u on IR as well.

Next time u run ur fucking mouth off against the best player in the NFL, make sure you're hungry, cuz there's plenty of crow coming ur way.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I may not know about the current locker room, but there are few things I do know. I like Jenkins as much as the next guy, but he how much time has he spent in the Jets locker room this year? About as much as I have. And in the two years he was with the Jets, his injuries kept him away from the team for more time than he was with them.

The issues with leadership on a football team are for the most part BS. To bring up the loss of guys like Jenkins, Woody, Ellis, and Cotchery as leaders and use that as a reason for the Jets 3-3 is ludicrous. The NFL is a brutal business and older players are replaced by younger players every year, but some teams still win. It has more to do with personnel and schemes then "leaders." I mean, teams have 10-15 coaches - aren't these guys leaders too? How many coaches did the Jets lose?

The Patriots and the Steelers - everybody's model NFL franchises - have a history of discarding veterans when their value on the field does not match their contracts. Why don't these teams lack leaders? How did the Steelers survive the loss of Faneca or Bettis. How did the Pats survive the loss of Vrabel, Bruschi, Law, etc.

NFL players get old and need to be replaced. Other players step up as leaders. I'm sure the Jets have such players stepping up. But still, I stand by my prior comments that locker room leadership does not make up for personnel weaknesses. The Jets OL problems have to do with an injuries to Mangold and Moore and a lack of depth. Leadership can't throw a block. You can have all the leaders in the world, but Eric Smith still can't cover a TE. And leaders on the field don't call the plays. Schotty does and his game plans and play calling have been horrible. Leaders can't make a defensive player able to get to the edge to prevent McFadden from ripping off big runs.

7. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

best post in this thread...

as much as it is nice to think that leaders make the team that much better... each player has their own responisibility on each play... the leaders will do their job for that play but cant necessarily pick up the slack for another guy f***ing up the play... our problems come from execution, 1 guy missing his assignment, and play calling.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

After today's comments, it couldn't be more obvious that Kris Jenkins is just trying to stay relevant.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Now you done gone too far

10. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

This. I wish people would calm down and not act so reactionary to every comment said about the team.

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

LOL, I thought your AV looked familiar and had to check your posts.

You're one of the SOJF's that endlessly bitches through the game threads.

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I think it's time Kris shut his mouth and stopped trying to make a living off Rex's back. He stole enough money from the Jets the past two years.

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Damien Woody is ten times the analyst Jenkins is. Jenkins know the NY media will run with anything critical of the Jets, Rex, Sanchez or anyone else on the team, so he gives them this nonsense to get his name out there. Woody calls it as he sees it, sometimes he's critical, sometimes positive. That's what the job is supposed to be.