Week 7: Chargers at Jets... San Diego Delenda est.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Having gotten back on track with a "W" Monday night, I expect a win on Sunday. It appears SD's Gates, Mathews, and Tolbert are banged up. No doubt S. Greene needs a strong game! I just wish Rex would shut his pie hole and concentrate on improving both the offense and defense's Xs and Os.

:chargers:

2. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Apparently LT is getting the start.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

LT getting the start so....fake hand off, and throw it..possibly.

S.D. U-T Chargers
    http://twitter.com/#!/sdutChargers

#103 JfaulkNYJ, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I love Pat Kirwin and i like Jim Miller, but they really pissed me off today on NFL radio. i tried to call in (I never do) because some of their points were so off base, but i couldnt get through. i couldn't believe knowledgable guys could make such stupid assessments.

Jim Miller was saying how it was a mistake to give these guys more motivation etc. i wanted to tell him how he said the same thing last year (he really did) when we played the pats in the playoffs. He was also saying how Antonio gates coming back was going to be a huge problem etc.

Pat Kirwin was saying how it's gonna fire up norv's players but not him etc.

such crap.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Everyone has picked the Chargers so far.

This is going to be one hell of a game, especially with Cro and LT fired up and ready to go. Although, Cro being fired up, may be a bad thing in and of itself haha

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah Cro being fired up could be dumbass Cro... hopefully he's on, because it might be the extremes of good and bad

One thing that I do like for Cro this week is that he's going to be able to play his kind of matchup- Malcolm Floyd is not a short, agile receiver. He the type of receiver Cro plays well against so hopefully this all adds up to a win

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Cro gets owned by Brandon Marshall so il call BS on that. One game against Denver Marshall had 18 receptions against Cro. Many of them short passes but still. If the WR is good, Cro will have trouble no matter his height. Not to mention he usually commits a couple penalties in the process.

Id run sweeps at Cro all day he is such a wuss. You know he will Ole' Mathews....lol

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Brandon Marshall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Malcom Floyd

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I have a good feeling about this game, I think we wake from our slumber and make Rivers cry

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He's a Chargers fan, he thinks all tall receivers are equally elite.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

NYJ Defense leads the league in 3rd down percentage ... about 28%.
    SD offense leads the league in 3rd down percentage ... about 56%.
    should be very interesting and should go a long way toward deciding who wins.

what I like about this game is SD is near the bottom of the league in sacks, INT's and forced fumbles. Sanchez should be able to sit back and make his reads without much stress.

I don't believe SD's pass defense is anywhere near as good as it's ranking. In their four wins, they've played three of the worst passing teams in the league (#31MINN, #29KC and #27DEN). the only time they played a team that can actually pass the ball, Brady put up more than 400 yards on them.

I expect Sanchez to find plenty of open receivers to throw to, and have a very good game on Sunday.

#111 truthbtold, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Chargers will let you run all day on them. They wont let you score.

BOOM
    Headshot

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

let me just make my Sunday night post now

Sorry about the whupping, boltjet.... see you back here in a year or maybe more for another try...

have a good life

14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

rivers is probably the best qb in the league at climbing the pocket ... the only way i see maybin getting to him is if the coverage is outstanding

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I'd also add that Marshall has had less production with Miami than he had with Denver. Particularly his TD's are way off. Total catches are down about 15%. Is this because of Miami's offense, or because he's showing a bit of decline? I would guess the former, but I don't really know.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I also expect for McKnight to run back 2 tds this game. I dont know if it has been mentioned but SD ST usually sucks ass. So thats another thing we can easily exploit.

#116 mute, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

BOOM Headshot?

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

When I first heard this it didn't even dawn on me that we're playing the Chargers, just that he's still the better RB and we need to get the ground game going. Then I started hearing and reading about it being "ceremonial" etc, I disagree.

Not saying Greene isn't or won't be good, but LT is still the best RB we have. That doesn't mean we can use him all year and wear him down, but at home vs his old team with the bye week coming? Give it to him 30 times and get out of the way.

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Outside the Oakland game, he's only been flagged once.

20. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I kind of agree with you here. Lt doesn't need any motivation for any game but if we get off to a quick start and then spell him second half of the game he could be a difference.