Week 7: Chargers at Jets... San Diego Delenda est.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Oh Man, I still get goosebumps watching anything to do with that game. My happiest win as a Jet fan.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

No way in the world is that game a more exciting victory than the Pats game last year. It was astoundingly awesome, but the Pats game trumps it no doubt.

3. J.E.T.S

J.E.T.S New Member

The jets really need to win the battles in the trenches. We need to get bigger pushes. Our running game has to get going! It helps keep that time of possession ratio in our favor and it opens up the passing game which allows for easier passes for mark. As we can all see in that moday night game, once marks starts getting confidence and rhythm he really shows that hes a great player!
    As for the defensive side were allowing too much yards! We seem to be in our places but find that were missing way to many tackles. Our tackling isnt where it should be and we find ourseleves defending too many 3 and shorts. If we contain matthews and get good pressure on phillips as well as win time of possesion, we'll certainly be able to win this game.

4. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I would bet my life we dont win 10 games...better personel or not, we have a shitty cordinator calling our plays and a QB who is afraid or incapable of callin his own plays.

5. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that you could put my name down on your life insurance policy as a beneficiary?

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Sanity from opposing fans is not exactly normal, so forgive us for anybody who jumped on you in the begining.

glad to see you acknowledge that the chargers pass D has been inflated by playing poor passing offenses the last two years. Its also wonderful to hear that your pass rush is pretty much non existent. It will do wonders for Sanchez if he has time in the pocket and will let him get into a rythm early on in the game.

glad to see Novak is kicking well. Some of us were rooting for him to beat out Folk this offseason since we lacked faith in folk. But he has surprised us and been perfect through 6 games so far.

Like I said, the running game for SD is my key to the game. If they can pound it down our throats, the PA game can do wonders for them. If we can limit the running game, it reall affects the PA game in a negative way.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I disagree, but I guess its how you expected the game to play out. I though the Jets didnt have a chance in the world against the Chargers. No way we were going to beat them. The Patriots on the other hand, I felt VERY confident we would beat them. It was our Super Bowl year and their was just no way in the hell the Patriots were going to take that from us.

And the fact that the Jets were a 9-7 team that "backed" into the playoffs, and I knew the media would be in chaos if we beat the Chargers. Guys like Fatcessa and just about everyone expected a blowout. I guess everyone has their own opinion.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We will win that game I'm assuming they come out with a sense of urgency.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

This game will be incredibly important for Cromartie and Poole/Wilson. We know Revis can cover Vincent Jackson and I could actually see Rivers forcing some balls that way but If Cro doesnt bring his A game Malcolm Floyd will go off on him. Of course hes coming back to play the team that got rid of him so hopefully he plays his ass off. Then Antonio Gates is a top 3 tight end and we need to find an answer for him early.

10. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

God, this game was torture. I see any sort of image from this game i think of hardwick snapping the ball over rivers head, phillips getting the personal foul, cromartie getting in merrimans way on trying to make the tackle on the long greene run, VJ kicking the challenge flag and getting a 15 yard penalty, revis intercepting a ball off of VJs foot and of course, nate fucking kaeding missing 3 field goals. But thats how life as a charger fan goes. Just brutal.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yea life as a Jets fan isnt much better but that game mustve just been straight hell. Especially Kaeding and the Revis pick, and VJ kicking the flag holy shit.

According to Mike Francesa though, God was on our side and they were all gifts from God.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

13. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

the chargers actually had a good pass rush last year. We lost our D coordinator ron rivera to carolina and got Greg Manusky who was in San Francisco. Manusky was supposed to be more aggressive. Blitzing and disguising blitzes, but his gameplan thus far has been to rush 3 and 4 primarily. When we rush 3 and play a zone coverage QBs rip them apart. Im hoping over the bye week manusky has seen the error in his ways and doesnt become ted cottrell part 2. I know you guys had ted as well, so you must know what im talking about. If manusky starts calling blitzes and cason can handle plax in man coverage the jets had better hope greene plays better than he has so far and LT plays with something to prove.

14. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

you know, it still hurts too much i couldnt get past the first minute mark on your link. Francesca doesnt help with his slow talking and his whiter than white teeth. Worst mistake in TV history, allowing his mug on screen during the HD era.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

LOL. Thank you.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

#76 mute, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  17. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

As one of the very few lucky pricks who got to attend both of these games in person, I would say as awesome as it was the way we just beat on the Pats, the SD was more exciting to attend. I'll never forget the feeling after that game and pockets of Jets fan in the concourse chanting the J-E-T-S chant in complete bedlam in San Diego.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

tsk tsk...

so if we're sitting at 4-3 and looking at Buffalo NE Denver Buffalo KC Philly Washington Giants Miami you can't find 6 wins?? so little faith. you must be drinking the Buffalo and Washington kool Aid. not me ... I see three wins right there.

#78 truthbtold, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  19. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

Yikes, This is why its hard not to hate rex ryan...

Rex Ryan has taken the New York Jets to the AFC Championship game in both of his seasons as their head coach.

He believes he would have taken the Chargers even farther had he gotten the head coaching job here in 2007.

"Well, I think I would have had a couple rings," Ryan said Wednesday. "I'm telling you, those teams were loaded."

Ryan was one of five men to interview for the Chargers vacancy in February of 2007. Norv Turner was always general manager A.J. Smith's favorite, and Turner was hired six days after Marty Schottenheimer was fired. Turner is now the winningest head coach in team history, but after the Chargers went to the AFC title game in his first season they have not been back and missed the playoffs in 2010.

Many San Diego fans have often lamented the passing over of the fiery and entertaining Ryan, who was the Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator at the time.

"Things happen for a reason," said Ryan, whose team beat the Chargers in the divisional round of the 2009 playoffs. "Obviously, Norv Turner has done a great job there and A.J. and everybody. That's a great franchise. He was probably the best guy for the job at that time."

Smith has often expressed his admiration for Ryan, and Ryan has reciprocated.

"I was so happy A.J. gave me the opportunity to interview in San Diego," Ryan said Wednesday. "Quite honestly, I wasn't on anybody's radar ... I thought that opened some doors for me."

Ryan did acknowledge he should have won some rings with the Jets as well.

"There is no question I do," he said.

In this interview hes basically sticking it to AJ smith saying he shouldve been hired, hes sticking it to norv saying he couldve done a better job, and hes sticking it to his own team saying its not his fault this team hasnt won a ring this team just isnt talented like the chargers and hes also criticizing himself because he says he should have a couple of rings with the jets, but he doesnt, but hes saying he would with the chargers. Im confused...

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Just because.

[​IMG]