Derrick Mason traded to Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Isn't the far more likely conclusions some combination of

1.) Mason is more trouble than he's worth and/or
    2.) The team needs a kick in the ass

A conditional 2012 7th just isn't valuable enough to make you 2011 team worse--this is a classic addition by subtraction move to make the 2011 team better.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

“My production hasn’t been all that great either. Santonio [Holmes’] production hasn’t been all that great either. You can’t just point at one guy. You can’t just say it was his production," Burress told the New York Post.

3. Massena

Massena New Member

Yeah and Plax has just been lighting things up everywhere. One would think that with his history that he would simply be grateful and not throw gasoline on the fire but nooooooo, he is who I though he was, which was, though a talented guy once for other teams, he was a problem child in Pittsburgh and a problem child with the Giants. He's always hurt during the week but always plays. That fact alone speaks volumes about his commitment to conditioning, team work and learning the offense there isn't any such commitment. Nothing has changed with this guy and IMO he's as big a problem as Mason. What we do about it I have no idea. Pax was an upgrade over Edwards? Nope.

Why does anything he has to say have any credence? From day one I thought this was a mistake but as new to this board said nothing, taking a wait and see position. I've seen enough.

Stop with the homer stuff and start thinking. Not every player on the JETS roster is worth defending, especially if they are talking to much, not about other teams but this team and its coaches, this stuff is poison and every fan here should know it and recognize it for what it is, self promotion.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Methinks our receiving corps is going to be Holmes and Kerley next season because Burress has looked and sounded miserable so far.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Burress depresses me.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

Burress never was coming back here next year. We were a pitstop for him.

And if he continues his bullshit play, lackadaisical attitude on the field and general mouthiness, he won't be getting half of the $3 million bucks he got this year.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You better send Holmes with him as he has been just as bad, just as lazy and just as much a malcontent.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

he hasnt been just as bad. Holmes gets separation, scores TDs, and doesnt stumble on his own two feet. He does drop some balls though but hes way more valuable and better than Mason at this point.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I love the move from a pure football POV. Kerely may well be much better than Mason right now. You can't have your No. 4 not being a specials player. Good move.

I can't get into the other stuff because it's pure sepculation. I also have no problem with coaches using a none factor player to send a message if that's the case? Getting a pick for Mason is also a plus.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the problem is that plexiglass obviously didnt get the message. he is a moron and a retard. and i cant wait for him to be gone. i cant stand holmes either but burress is a real piece of garbage. i can only hope that he doesnt implode the rest of the team with him when he goes boom.

luckily he will be one of those guys we read about in 10 years who made millions and is broke living in a trailer park.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I bet they'd wish the same on you if they met you.

I never seen a fan of a team wish so much hate on its own players because of their character.

You're a sad human being.

If you can't stand it, then stop being a fan. Its really pathetic.

12. clevjetsfan

clevjetsfan New Member

Plax better shut up and play to! Plax dropped what looked like a pretty catchable pass to end the game sunday

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Mason showed good hands on a couple of the few catches he's made. I've been impressed by him for a long time - obviously he contributed alot to the Ravens, and the thinking was he would not only know the system with the Jets but should fit into it.

And it is very significant that he has hardly been the only receiver having issues. Let me put it this way - is it really clear that he didn't deserve a chance and Burress clearly continues to? Keller had one catch for seven yards last Sunday. Mason was no worse than that.

My main point was, what was the downside to keeping him? There was none.

14. Big Blocker

Keep in mind were it not for Romo's boneheaded throw to Revis the Jets would be 1-4. I know, you are what your record is, but at worst based on where the consensus was here last year going forward, that the Jets should be 3-2 at this point. At worst. Not 2-3 and lucky not to be 1-4.

15. Big Blocker

Totally agree with your post here.

The players want to win. They are not winning. They let out that they're unahppy.

THen homer fans here get offended because all they want to hear and see is sweetness and light.

THis is the real world.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I don't think I am being a homer by saying, I don't appreciate players airing dirty laundry to the press. I think it is ridiculous that our theories have to be confirmed by some player beaking off in front of a microphone.

I don't need a player confirming a teams dysfunction to me. I can see that with my own two eyes. Well I don't mind if it is a team I hate but not a team I root for. I am 100% cool with sending that player to the glue factory.

I have played on a couple of dysfunctional teams and it is usually just a couple of rotten apples. Without exception, you get rid of them and the team all of a sudden is a joy to play on.

So no, hearing Mason and or Burress spouting off and not liking it one bit, doesn't make that person a homer................

#356 Miamipuck, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  17. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

Jets traded Derrick Mason for an If pick. If Mason catches 33 or more passes for Texans, Jets get a 7. If he doesn't, they get nothing.

Per Adam Shefter

18. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

3 catches a game. With Schaub at the helm, very possible.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Mason cost us 3.8 million, this year, and next. we also got rid of that.

jets were probably going to cut him, but the texans did us a favor.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And Dre Johnson is hurt, so Mason could see 40 catches this season.