Derrick Mason traded to Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Oct 11, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Ha, good point.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You're paying too much attention to the Cowboys or something, because you clearly don't see the problems the Jets are going to have at WR in 2012.

Oh my fuck. Did you just list a punt returner ahead of WR in a needs list? ...and yeah, we should definitely draft 4 offensive linemen. Give me break you overreacting SOJF...no wait...you're a Same Old Fan of Two Teams.

Look at the free agent class before you make the assumption that this can be fixed by bringing in free agents - it piss poor. We won't be able to afford the top wideouts. This team has to get younger at the position - the only way to do that is through the draft.

Plaxico Burress will be a free agent in 2012

Santonio Holmes is locked up long term.

Jeremy Kerley is locked up long term.

Logan Payne and Patrick Turner are fringe players signed to future/reserve contracts.

That means that after this season, the Jets will only have Holmes and Kerley on the roster...

This team needs desperately needs help at wideout.

#282 Mr Electric, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Have you ever heard of designing plays to get the ball into certain players hands?

If this team drafts a wideout with a high pick, you can bet your ass they'll be pressure on the OC to get that player involved early.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Which team is Jets n Boys' second team?

5. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

The jets...

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Let me hear it...

I clearly mentioned OLB. PR meant pass rusher. Sorry, my bad it wasn't crystal clear. And how the fuck did u translate RT and RG to be 4 OL? Still pissed we let Cotch go? Or still pissed ur man love for Miles Austin couldn't become realistic?

Agreed there, but Plax isn't commanding a $50mil contract. Braylon won't command as much either. Two players that would know the offense. I know we let Braylon go, but its all business. He'll wiggle his tail if we offer him decent money (of course he's not going to command a top wideout money with the injury and the season he is having). There are plenty other FA that will flood the WR market next year and with the WR talent in the draft, I think a lot of the WRs will go early and often.

I didn't say don't need help. I just said we can use the earlier round picks on OLB, OL, and S. If Sanchez doesn't have time to throw, even Fitzgerald would be useless here.

#286 Jets n Boys, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You can design all the plays u want, but designing plays to get ur players involved is not the same as QB forcing passes. You design a play, and if the designated WR is covered, you look at ur second/third option or throw away.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

Is there a player/players in the draft the fit the 4.4 speed and 6'3+ frame sort of like Braylon? Because thats what we need desperately, as long as the OC next year continues the passing patterns of this year, which i dont see happening.

We need to add at least 2 WR next year, I can definitely see us drafting one in rounds 1-2 and maybe one in the later rounds

9. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The Eagles are going down like the Titanic, any way we make a trade for D-Jackson? Or is he not even worth the high draft picks that he would cost us?

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This isn't Madden...

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

True, but they aren't doing too well with him any way. They haven't given him a new contract and probably won't give him a big contract if things keep going downhill. IMO, it's very possible for the right draft picks.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I would rather take my chances getting Jackson in Free Agency, then give up draft picks. Too many holes to fill on this roster.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this whole "we need a deep threat" idea is erroneous ... we have one, we just dont use him the way this offense needs him

santonio has track speed, he can and has gotten behind defenses ... he did it in pitt and that helped to open up the underneath stuff for hines ward

but tone is also extremely quick which makes him different than your typical deep threat ... i think his ability to turn quick slants/screens into long gains is the reason schotty has rarely used him as a deep threat

we need tone to be this teams deep threat right now and schotty does not get that ... we tried a sluggo on one of the first few plays of the cowboys game. ware ate hunter alive, sacked sanchez before he could get the pass off and ive rarely seen tone used in that capacity since

i do agree that we have to draft a wr early next year tho ... like others have said, the talent is deep in the college wr ranks this year

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

If we could draft a true #1 receiver and a real pass rushing threat I would be ecstatic. I would still like to upgrade the OLine though. As unconvinced of Sanchez as I am, there is as much reason to believe in him as not, but not if he continues to get pounded the way he has so far this year.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

why the fuck wouldn't they give him a big contract just because they aren't doing well this year? you think their solution for next year would be not to keep their best offensive player? holy shit. this isn't MLB, and they aren't the Pirates who have to get rid of players when they have value.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Heh. This deal cracks me up. Sports and politics - the only two professions where people expect to be lied to and accept it as the norm. The guy mouths off about the offense to a bunch of reporters, there's a pretty loud rumor about the receivers whining to Rex about Schottenheimer, and suddenly Mason gets traded for nine pounds of guacamole. And yet, Tannenbaum STILL has the audacity to tell us that he wouldn't have traded the guy if the Texans hadn't called. I can just picture the phone call:

{{{{{{{{ RING }}}}}}}}
    Texans: Howdy, Mike. How uh y'all up thayuh in....
    Tanny: Any interest in Derrick Mason?
    Texans: Wayl, hee yoosed ta bee uh fahn playuh. Wadda y'all want fuh ....
    Tanny: We can work that out later.
    Texans: Okee-dokee. Bah now.

17. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Hillis is definitely a rex "ground and pound" kinda guy. Lets hope he continues acting like a jerk off in cleveland. Otherwise theres no chance we give up a
    1st rounder for Hillis. Draft picks are becoming way to valuable with the new rookie wage scale.

18. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Doesn't matter who we have playing receiver. The QB is a sack of shit.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

they should have given us Andre Johnson. lol just kidding, but yeah Mason obviously wasn't fitting in with our offensive scheme.