Times article on Pats' Final Drive

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Blocker, Oct 11, 2011.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I think this team is going to implode soon, if the Offense doesn't start helping the Defense.

The defense kept the game in check, pretty or not, kept the game close. How did our offense help? How many games can you play your heart out, only to watch our offense fail? Hell, if Mcknight doesn't have that long return we probably don't get a touchdown on that drive, and we go 3 and out.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They stopped em to a point, but it woulda been nicer if the defense completely stopped em and they never even get close to FG range.

Although that epic was ending and I wouldnt trade it for the world.

3. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

We failed on both sides of the ball last Sunday. Offense had SEVEN 3 and outs versus the WORST defense in the league. That's incredibly awful, and I must say we're entirely deserving of the 28th ranked defense. Too many stupid mistakes in the secondary that we paid for. Cromartie's shit coverage on the Branch touchdown and Eric Smith shitting the bed and playing the run instead of the pass on Welker's huge play. The defense needs to stop talking about being bullies and start playing like bullies. They're so soft in the running game this year, we're getting pushed around. These are most of the same guys who played last year, these guys need to start getting a push on the defense and blowing up the run. Westerman might pan out in the long run, I like what he showed last game in rushing the passer, but he was getting picked on in the run and that was disappointing. I'm hoping he can turn it around on Monday.

With the talent we have on that side of the ball, it's a damn shame to see teams who have less talent do more. We're behind Denver, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and fucking Miami who happens to be 16th. Pretty damn disgraceful.

The defense hasn't been able to stop the run and quite honestly they were so gassed at the end of the game being out on the field so damn much that I wasn't surprised that New England converted. I was pissed, but not too surprised. Our defense has been on the field way too long this season due to poor execution and ALSO the offense not being able to sustain a fucking drive. Yet we're the 11th ranked defense and quite frankly I can see the defensive side having things fixed before the offense.

So honestly if we want to start playing winning football our offense needs to control the time of possession and sustain drives and not suck total fucking shit like they have for the past 5 years and our defense needs to get rid of the mental mistakes and show more toughness in the run game.

4. sky1597vw

sky1597vw Banned

New York Jets Jerseys

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That was all Schotty's fault!!!!1111oneone :smile:

Just kidding, but couldn't resist. :beer: