If Rex continues to support Shittenheimer, his job should be on the line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 9, 2011.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

It is obvious that the team needs someone to head up the draft over Tannenbaum the accountant. All these other teams not only draft better but come up with studs that were undrafted free agents.

We should have every offensive and defensive lineman a WR and safety that is on the practice squads of teams throughout the league to see who has talent and fit them into our team since there are quite a few guys that we have on our roster with no upside so replace them now with young hungry players.

However, besides us needing to address this issue, every fan that knows anything about football knows that Shittenheimer has held this team back the last two years. He is now retarding the progress of Sanchez and causing the team to divide.

It is time for Rex to fire this guy so that we can move on. Make the move now and we can beat Miami with anyone calling the plays and then we get a bye to have our new coordinator implement his ideas. Rex, don't waste another season with this loser. Make the move now to try to save our season.

Rex, if you don't want to make any tough decisions than your job should be on the line. Your act is getting old and it is time to turn it around or you will become a laughing stock on not only the league but true Jets fans.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I can't believe this thread hasn't been made yet.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Holy shit we are 2-3 coming off of back to back championship games. And its time to fire Rex already?

I wouldnt even considering firing Rex even if we miss the playoffs this year. Hes gotten us into uncharted territory...

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

the guy has been our coach for 2 years, and has had more success than every coach in Jets History combined, excluding Ewbank. So yeah, lets fire him 5 games into his 3rd nFL season because his OC is an idiot.

teams do not fire coordinators mid season. If Schotty is going to be fired, it will be right after Miami, giving the new OC the bye week to make adjustments his way. But I think we are stuck with him until the offseason

5. k311

k311 Member

I agree, Schotty sucks but this is way extreme.

6. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Rex is not going anywhere for at least another 2/3 years after this year (that is what 2 straight AFCG get's you).

And I dont think Rex is behind Schotty being here. He was here when Rex got here, and was just as bad at that point. It's either Tanny or Woody who are preventing Schotty from getting fired imo.

7. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

This is not a man purse, it is a satchel. Other classics, such as Indiana Jones wears one. This satchel is an exact replica of what Zach Galifianakis' character, Alan, wears in the movie, The Hangover.

8. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Truth.

Rex needs to get his head out of his ass and realize he isn't a d-coordinator

9. Don G

Don G New Member

Well I disagree with firing Rex for logical reasons but I agree with everything else here. We have to fire Schottenheimer and this is as good a week as possible for it. Promote someone from within and then hope that Kansas City fires Todd Haley and bring him in to be our O Coordinator.

10. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I know if they don't can schottenheimer in the off-season then, Rex will be fired along with him in the next year or so when their offense doesn't improve. I like Rex, and I believe he's the ideal coach suited for the "Big Apple", but he needs to open his mouth and flame Schotts now, if he hasn't already done so. I'm getting tired of seeing our offense being inept in the first half, and watching other teams' offenses doing what they do, which is putting points on the board week in and week out.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sometimes you have to make a change for change's sake. If for no other reason, shake up the offense and the entire organization. Show that expectations are higher and not being met.

12. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I saying that supporting Schotty should make Rex fireable is stupid. But I do agree that Rex has to make it very very clear that Schotty needs to get his shit togeather

13. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

callahan can coach the offense

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

yes they do.

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

it'd be idiotic to fire rex, but i agree that this does fall on him for keeping schotty and his stubborn loyalty to this guy will only drag the team down.

you can't let loyalty to one guy cloud your loyalty to your team, fans and organization

16. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Do you ever wonder if there's a difference between what gets said to the press vs. what is said behind closed doors?

My wild guess: Ab so fucking loutely.

17. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

I'm not sure how much Rex can do if Tannenbaum or Woody are the ones who support Schotty.

If its Tannenbaum then Rex can at least say something to Woody.

If its Woody we are all out of luck for the moment.

My guess is this is the beginning of the end for Schotty. The Jets have never denied a news report like this before right before the game. Couple that with the offensive performance against the worst defense ever and that says a lot

I feel this is only going to get worst and something will give. There is too much season left not to fire him.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

no, i don't wonder because i am pretty certain that is the case. rex never throws anybody under the bus in post game press conferences, and even in his weekly press conferences (after he's had a chance to watch the film and talk to the team) he's never really too disparaging when talking about his players or staff. I know that what he says when the cameras aren't around is totally different.

but my point is that he is close with the coaching staff. he's kept this guy on for so long despite mediocre (at best) performances historically. you can tell by hard knocks that they have a good relationship personally, but there comes a time where you have to put that aside and make the call

#18 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  19. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you don't fire OC's midseason. teams don't learn new schemes during the playing season.

schotty sucks, but he's hardly the whole problem. this team has too many holes and only the blind can't seem to see it. good team with holes, playoff bound? maybe not. offense is a serious problem if you haven't noticed.

there's only so much the defense can do, and they're doing it, just they're on the field too much.

20. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Firing Rex would be a mistake. We shouldn't even talk about that. The problem lies with the offense, so lets not think this team has problems everywhere. They can fix it, but not if we're calling the same dumb plays and waiting to do things late in games. Schottenheimer deserves the finger pointing, especially since he's been pulling this crap way before Rex got here.