Week 5: Jets at Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Nunz

Nunz New Member

I wish I could remember exactly what happened to the Jets offense but I think we scored quickly? Which is really what killed the pats in the post season against the jets. We didn't convert the first couple chances we had.

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If you asked me before the season which game I definitely didn't think the Jets would win, it would be this game.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Pats kicked a FG their first drive.

Jets came down and missed a 53-yard field goal, after going for it on 4th and 1 at our own 46 and converting.

Pats went right down the field, with the biggest play being a PI in the end-zone by Cromartie, I believe and made it 10-3 on a TD.

2nd drive, we had a penalty that set up a 2nd and 11, we had 2 incomplete passes, followed by a 12-yard punt by Weatherford.

Ihedigbo sacked Brady on the 1st play to set up 2nd and 22, but on 3rd and 22, Brady completed a pass over the middle to Branch for 19 yards, then Branch burned us again for a TD on 4th and 3 to make it 17-3.

The next drive wasn't that bad offensively, we ran 5 times for 40 yards (4 by Greene, one by Sanchez), but we couldn't convert a 3rd and 3 on a pass play and kicked a FG>

New England then went right down the field again to make it 24-3.

We drove 26 yards, ending with a Sanchez incompletion on a 3rd and 1 at our own 46. This time, we punted.

Defense forced a 3 and out.

Jets then went 3 and out. Greene ran for 4, then lost 4, then Sanchez couldn't convert 3rd and 10 on a pass play.

Defense forced another 3 and out.

Offense moved from our own 17 to the Patriots 37, but we ran out of time and didn't trust Folk to try a 54-yarder.

2nd half, our first drive, we went right down the field, until Sanchez threw an interception at the New England 5-yardline.

Then after that, the Patriots scored their next two drives, while Sanchez threw 2 more interceptions.

We actually moved the ball decently. We were just so far behind so early in the game that it made the game easy for the Patriots, and it snowballed out of control

4. AlToonFanClub

AlToonFanClub New Member

Okay fair responses on why opposing teams fans would come here. They all must be in College or Retired because who has all day to go on their team's sites and opposing team's sites?

5. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

You said it.

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I can almost understand them posting during a game week when we are playing their team.

There's others that 'live' here and post constantly about their team no matter what the subject of the thread is.

I blame poor home-schooling.

7. Nunz

Nunz New Member

Wow, thanks for the synopsis. Appreciate it.

I mean, with this game, I start thinking fundamentals. Just basic football. So forgive me for being kind of bland in my posts but, I've been reading more and more about Jets play calling having trouble adjusting on the fly. If The Pats manage to continue scoring quickly, on their first couple drives, do you believe that could become an almost impossible position for The Jets to come back from?

I'd like to add that I don't buy Rex claiming The Jets are going back to ground N pound this game. I think they'll try to exploit The Pats weakness. Not their strength. Mind games, imo. Any thoughts?

Jets will run early, to build a little confidence in the line scheme. But I see them throwing often, over-all.

#167 Nunz, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  8. patfanken

patfanken Banned

You are probably right as far as your comments on the Pats D are concerned. We don't have the personnel, nor the coaching style to duplicate what the Ravens did. However we DO pose an infinitely better offense that what the Ravens showed you on Sunday.

It won't be Joe Flacco trying to decode what the Jets are doing. It will be Tom ****ing Brady. So for every problem the Jets will pose to the Pats D, the Jets D will face more, Better QB, Better RB, Better OL, Better TE.

So what we have are two teams who suck on opposite sides of the ball. THe winner of the game will be determined by which side's suckidtude, sucks least, OR which side's excellence executes better

#168 patfanken, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I like this analysis. Special teams could decide it.

10. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

I hope they run Ridley out of the wildcat this week to Westerman's side to see if the Jets can set the edge without Bryan Thomas.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I think Patriots take this one by landslide.

Maybe not 45-3 beatdown, but somewhere in line of 38-10 or so.

This team is just not good. Especially the offense stinks to the high heaven. If you haven't noticed yet, the offense has another nickname.

*It happens to be turnover machine.*

12. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Agreed, I'd be happy to eat crow though.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I can't wait to watch the Jets non moving offense versus the Pats bend and then break defense. Something has to give here.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I think we've got a good chance in this game.

I know how horrible we looked on Sunday. But something that not a lot of people are talking about is how OUTSTANDING the Ravens defense played on Sunday. They were fantastic. I was kind of scared and I was just shoving Cheetos down my pie-hole on the couch.

That isn't the Patriots. The Patriots have one of the best defensive minds in the NFL as a head coach and they're still one of the worst defenses in the NFL. They're bad. Punch Tom Brady in the throat, we win.

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

[​IMG]

16. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

I dont think the pats are that good
    I mean, their defense is not exactly great, san diego made 2 turnovers after getting to the red zone, oakland also made a turnover when they were very close to the endzone. as far as i can see, it seems pretty easy to get to their red zone, the thing is to not do anything stupid in there.
    Also, new england offensive line is great, tom brady can sit in the pocket for like 5 seconds, but when he's under pressure he commits mistakes just like any other QB, that's how we beat them in the playoffs, pressuring tom brady

It seems very possible to win this one, but damn, our offensive line needs to get good

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't go to any Pats boards. I pretty much know what knowledgeable and yahoo Pats fans think. It's much more interesting to read what other fans think IMO.

18. RUSH

RUSH Member

our defense is shit, luckily your offense isn't much better. Our offense is top 2 in the NFL. The Jets defense isn't. Division game so anything can happen though.

19. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Yeah, well i never said anything about our team, i'm just saying the pats ain't that good

i agree with you though

20. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Mangold coming back would be a huge boost for our run game obviously. Neutralizing Wilfork without Haynesworth or Mayo active would do wonders.