The Ravens, our newest rivals?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets and Lions went to OT last year. Newest Rivals?

2. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Look, I said they could potentially be our new rivals because we basically took their style of football and made it our own and because Rex has a lot of history with the Ravens, and we have the potential to see each other year after year because of Divisional standings

Jesus fucking Christ people its just a fucking discussion, it's like you come into my thread and don't even give it a chance, if you don't agree just say you don't just say you don't and move on

#22 Deathstroke, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I firmly believe once when Reed and Lewis leave the Ravens will take a HUGE step back.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You're really going out on a limb with that prediction.

5. 624

624 Banned

I firmly believe that when the 31 other team's in the NFL lose their 2 best players they will take HUGE steps back as well.

6. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

Ravens are the better team and will ultimately win again...Their o-line--although still gelling--is probably going to be the best by season's end. They have a top 5 player on each level of their defense (arguably 2 top 5's in the LB corps). Ray Rice is a monster, their WR corps is improved, and the defense is generating a nasty pass rush so far this year. They have only one question mark--an inconsistent QB--a problem NYJ still has as well. Until they actually meet in the playoffs then it's just a distant rivalry

7. Diamond Dad

Diamond Dad New Member

non-conf. Rivals

It's hard to have a true Rival not in your conference because you may not play them for several years at a stretch. We happen to have played them last year and this year, but before last year's game we had not played since 2007 (pre-Rex). If we happen to play them next year, it will be based on our relative AFC/conf. standings, not based on the "normal" schedule (we play the NFC West next year -- there's 4 wins . . . )

Now, if we play the Ravens in the playoffs a couple of years in a row . . . that could generate a rivalry based on both teams being good at the same time and having to beat each other to get to the Super Bowl -- like the Colts and the Patriots over the last 5-6 years.

But as long as Rex is the coach, there will be a special juice to this match-up -- especially until Rex wins one. Having been the Defensive Coordinator and left to take the Jets job (taking several defensive players with him), he's like the younger brother who needs to beat his elder before he can say that he's really independently good. Of course, getting to the AFC championship game two years in a row (while the Ravens have lost in the first round) helps Rex's ego a bit (lots).

As long as both teams are wild cards and not division winners, we probably won't be meeting in the playoffs. Let's just say I'd rather get them in our house than have to play in Baltimore.
    :jets: