Dustin Keller has 11 catches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Mason really does need to step it up it. What's he got...like 4 catches for minimal yrds. so far?

Watching the first two games again, our offense just looks lifeless.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

They're not using Mason the way I expected. He's running deeper routes that I though he'd do, as a rule. He also had the wrong cleats on week 1 and kept falling down.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It also had a lot t odo with temas trying to force mark to throw outside the numbers. Taking away his TE and the dump off to try and force him into bad decisions.

Its not a coincidence that the more dangerous we are outside, the better our TE proforms.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That'd be fine if Sanchez was finding him.

His yrd. per catch avg. is way down. If 4 catches is any kind of measure.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hes always started well and than magically faded as the season goes on.

with all the new targets I think Sanchez has his go to guys in Holmes and Keller.

we can bash Bert all we want but he loved throwing to Keller. i remember wasnt it after a practice before season he said "this kids going to be special"

anyways, Keller has potential to be a top 5 TE. he just cant afford even the few uncharacteristic drops he has sometimes.

his run blocking has come lightyears from what it was, but even then its still just servicable. nothing to write home about.

I just hope he remains one of the highest targeted in our passing game. It would be nice for teams to start rolling more coverage his way to open up the outsides.

either way I loved him at Purdue, loved the pick when it happened. and he hasnt dissappointed. just the few times a year he seems to disappear.

funny anyone would call him underrated. most people I know who are non jets fans know exactly who he is and always list him as a good player.

6. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Sanchez will need to continue to get him the ball. Last year he got off to a good start then became invisible for most of the season.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

At least for the Jags game, a far bigger factor was their decision to cover the wideouts with double coverage for the most part.

Another but smaller factor is that of all the receivers Keller is the one that Sanchez has the longest history with. that helps, too.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

A lot of that had to do with Holmes coming into the picture, but at least now Sanchez is learning to spread the ball a little more.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I distinctly remember that, but never got a good feeling for why it was the case.

Perhaps someone else has insight on that.

Keller had his stronger and weaker spells in 09, too.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Only because they use their TEs as a main part of their offense.

We should too, but for some reason Schotty disagrees, to an extent. The TE is a QBs comfort zone, and the fact that Keller can catch and run well with power, says something.

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think this will be Keller's breakout year because he has been there year in and year out with Sanchez and Tom Moore seems to be encouraging the use of the tight end. Throw in the fact that Plax scares defenses in the redzone much more than Braylon, I can see some attention being taken off Keller.

13. MF DOOM

MF DOOM New Member

dustin keller is gonna be a pro bowler this year
    he's doing wonders for my fantasy team.

14. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

classical slapstick, rappers need chapstick.

15. honestcl

honestcl Member

Got four Fantasy Teams this year and Keller's now in 3 of them. Long may he reign! Even put him in the line up ahead of Gates for this week in one of the teams.

Don't usually follow drafts or have any knowledge of college players (coming from England and all) but this guy actually caught my eye with some youtube vids I saw once we'd drafted him and for 3.5 years now I've followed him keenly knowing he had the potential to be a top drawer TE. This year could be the year he goes from Top 10 to Top 3

16. genu

genu New Member

lets hope shotty dosnt do the same shit as last year and phase him out after a hot start.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Dallas Clark will probably still make it on reputation. Wouldn't be surprised if Keller got snubbed.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Thats not what happened at all last year. You people want to blame everything on Schotty its embarassing. Santonio Holmes was added after missing the first 4 games and the ball was spread around more. It was also very noticeable that teams were defending Keller differently not to mention he was having bad drops.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Yeah, Keller was double teamed a lot.

20. Trifco

Trifco New Member

I don't like Schotty, I'm convinced he's handled awfully some games (the Buffalo's 5 picks by Mark game comes to mind) and some situations (1st and goal against Pitt last season, to mention one).
    I do believe Callahan could be an improvement.

But yeah, things are out of control now when everything that's wrong in the world somehow it's Schotty's fault.