week 3 - Jets @ Oakland Raiders - 9/25/11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Sep 18, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

but our #1 target will just run out of bounds and take Revis off the field11!!!11

Raiders!!

2. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Come on, that's a Dan Orlovsky tactic to avoid a sack, don't give the Lion's organizations credit to the Raiders, that isn't right.

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

This thread needs more Snow Wolf.

[YOUTUBE]isg9HDR4C-E[/YOUTUBE]

4. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

LOL, Seems like their attempted version of fireman ed

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

We destroyed the Bills twice last season. Absolutely annihilated them. The second time, with our 2nd and 3rd stringers. Their roster is very similar, and if anything the loss of Poslusny is a big minus, so I still think they blow. Jesus, Joe McKnight ran for, what? 149 yards vs. them, or something.

But, then again, I think the Jags are going to the SB, so what the fuck do I know?

I'm surprised no one has pointed this out....are we, as fans, supposed to be afraid of Hagan? He couldn't do shit when he played for the Giants, so, I really don't know what the big hula-ba-loo is about. I'm ecstatic that Ford seems to be missing this game. He'd give us some headaches.

6. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

jets win by 6. Take the spread and the under !!

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea I think Im going to bet the under too. Expecting a score of about 20-10 Jets.

8. MF DOOM

MF DOOM New Member

just like the jaxsonville game
    the jets should win this one.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The Raiders are really hurting at receiver right now, which should be a major advantage for us. They'll probably use some sort of rotation of Denarius Moore, Chaz Schilens, Derek Hagan, and Darrius Heyward-Bey. Put Revis on Moore and Cro and Wilson should have no problem shutting down whichever other two are on the field. Coincidentally, Cro matches up really well with the Raiders size-speed combos at receiver.

Our gameplan should focus on shutting down Darren McFadden. Particularly through the passing game on screen and wheel routes. We should be able to at least contain him on the ground.

The Raiders have a solid d-line that can both get pressure and stop the run, but they're susceptible through the air (particularly against no. 1 receivers). Holmes should have a big game assuming he's completely healthy. Keller should also continue his streak of good games as Sanchez's go-to receiver after Holmes. I don't think this is going to be Greene's breakout game. That probably won't come for a while now that Mangold's out and we're facing a few good run defenses in a row.

Basically our defense shouldn't have too much trouble containing the Raiders offense. As long as our offense can put up a reasonable amount of points (let's say 20) we should come out of Oakland with an easy W.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

hahaha.....great user name!

11. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

jets win 30-16.

12. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Jets 35 Raiders 13. McFadden gets over 100 yards and a TD but Campbell throws 3 INTs. Sanchez throws 4 TDs and a INT but gets sacked quite a bit. Running game shows some life.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I just don't feel this one folks. I don't like Highway Hunter or EZPass Ducasse on the OLine as any protection at all for El Capitan. My heart sez Jets but I'm betting Oakland to win this one. If nothing else, maybe Oak will pry Al Davis out of his regen tank and wheel his old azz on the field during a critical Jet offensive set for some bullshit award ceremony that the league will rubber stamp.

14. Throat Punch

Throat Punch New Member

Jets losing field leader in Mangold

The injured center's intangibles will be hard to replace for Gang Green
    By Rich Cimini
    ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- When the New York Jets left for a game in Oakland two years ago, their charter flight was lighter than usual. That's because 360-pound nose tackle Kris Jenkins was left behind, his knee shredded, done for the season.

It was the first significant injury of the Rex Ryan era, and the doom-and-gloom scenarios already were being drawn up. The Jets responded with a 38-0 victory over the Raiders, the first true indication of their trademark resilience.

Adhering to Ryan's "next man up" mantra, the Jets have developed a reputation for overcoming key injuries -- Jenkins (twice), Darrelle Revis, Leon Washington, Damien Woody. Now they go to Oakland this weekend without All-Pro center Nick Mangold, and they expect it to be another "next man up" story, starring Colin Baxter.

Except this is different. This is different the way Jim Leonhard's injury last December was different. They're losing more than a body. They're losing a body and a mind.

"Nick is a really good player -- the best center in the league -- but his most valuable asset to us is his brain," left guard Matt Slauson said.

The Jets rely heavily on Mangold to coordinate the offensive line, and -- not many people know this -- to help quarterback Mark Sanchez with pass-protection calls. They will miss him the way the defense missed Leonhard last December.

The veteran safety broke his leg three days before a Monday night game against the New England Patriots, and it was as if somebody had yanked the hard drive out of the Jets' computer. Without Leonhard's smarts and calming influence, they got off to a bad start and it snowballed into a 45-3 debacle.

This time, the Jets didn't have to change the game plan at the 11th hour; they had six days to make adjustments and formulate a strategy sans Mangold. That helped, but the extra time could be offset by two factors: (1) the Raiders had the same prep time, and (2) Baxter is a neophyte compared to Brodney Pool, who replaced Leonhard.

Baxter, an undrafted rookie picked up on waivers three weeks ago, will make his first NFL start. The Jets like the kid a lot, but one opposing personnel executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said "I hope they don't think this guy is the answer."

This is a huge test for the Jets (2-0), venturing into the Black Hole for Oakland's home opener. The Raiders are coming off a crushing loss to the Buffalo Bills, and they're singing the redemption song, looking for payback from 38-0 -- and Sanchez's disrespectful hot dog-eating incident.

The Jets usually thrive under these conditions -- their non-divisional conference record is 6-0 under Ryan -- but it will be virtually impossible to replace Mangold's intangibles. In the Black Hole, where every game is a cross between a Halloween party and a Metallica concert, it can be intimidating for a young player or an out-of-sync offensive line.

"I think they're going to struggle," said Woody, an ESPN analyst who played for three years on the Jets' offensive line. "Nick gets everybody going and he gets everybody in the right spot. He really helps Mark out a lot. With Nick there, Mark knows where his protection is on every play."

Raiders front 5 are gonna just thrash the Jets OL

Mark Sanchez, will be Dirty Sanchez after the game

Losing a pro bowl center like Mangold is HUGE- its like losing your starting QB.. Last thing Markys gonna hear before he looks out his ear hole is...

Look out!!!!!

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

^^^^
    Thanks for the breaking news. None of us knew about this. Really.

16. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Gee, I hope the Jets coaches are aware of this too. The injury happened a week ago, they may have forgotten and won't have any plans for Mangold's sub.

17. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Thank you for posting that article the night before the game, because, you know, we haven't been discussing the repercussions of losing Mangold for an entire week now.

18. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Who is Throat Punch? I mean besides an idiot.

#418 Vorrecht, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

We may not have the personnel to perfect at good running attack, but I think this is the week Schotty unloads the misdirection/pitch plays to Greene.

The Jets need this game, especially if Mangold is out for another week. At the very LEAST we have to go 1-2.

McFadden is great, but rewatching the Bills/Denver game vs Oakland..They are pathetic at tackling this guy. Give McFadden credit, because he caused alot of bad angles for LBers/DLinemen/etc, but there are a handful of plays where either the defender looked lazy, has no idea how to tackle, or is just plan coached by morons.

The Jets are one of the best tackling teams(minus the embarrassing effort @ Pitt) obviously, but McFadden is still going to abuse some of our run stoppers. I don't think he will embarrass them to the extent of Denver/Buffalo though.

2 Starting WRS out? In Jacoby Ford, and Louis Murphy? Who is Campbell throwing to besides Boss, and dumping it to McFadden?

Jets defense should dominate this game, and support a possibly poor performance by the Jets offense.

Also I believe Michael Mitchell is out. He I think is the best cover safety they have. Dustin Keller will appreciate that.

Edit: Congrats to Denarius Moore shredding a slap dick Buffalo secondary, and looking better than David Clowney in 1 game.

20. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

okay guys we lost mangold. We might as well forfeit, how can we play defense without mangold? how can we kick FGs without mangold? it won't happen without him so might as well just head straight to baltimore.