week 3 - Jets @ Oakland Raiders - 9/25/11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Sep 18, 2011.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Jets have to control McFuity and Sanchez needs to stop making stupid decisions for us to win this game.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Only positive thing about Mangold's potential absence from this game would be Baxter having a full week of practice with the 1's before the game. He looked okay for a guy who had no reps at all.

3. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I wonder if Mangold comes back if Baxter can play RT?

4. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Ol

Jets OL is a HUGE concern,keeping Sanchez healthy this season should be our number 1 priority. We gotta get someone, and we better get someone soon who can play.

I am very concerned about the OL, if we don't get somebody in here to stop the bleeding, we will not be in the playoffs.

It all starts with the OL, thats where game are won, in the trenches.

5. 624

624 Banned

We beat them in 2009, so this game should be easy.

/Jaguars fans

6. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Jason Campbell is their QB. Stopping Darren McFadden is the most important thing. And if our OL plays better, we blow this team out. 31-10.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I'm worried about this game. the oakland D collapsed against buffalo but they were pretty dominant the first half, and were in the denver game also.

their front 4 especially can cause problems.

jason campbell is "meh" and i think we'll contain their receivers especially if murphy/heyward bey/ford are still injured. their running game obviously, is a huge concern. the fact it's a west coast trip makes things a little tougher also.

this won't be a cake walk, especially if mangold doesn't play

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

STRENGTHS
    Speedy offensively
    McFadden/Bush combo
    ---they will try to use their speed advantage against us. Try to get guys like Moore and McFadden on the edge. DHB and one of their other WR's are out so their speed isn't as prevalent.
    Front 4
    McClain/ wimbley
    ---really their front 7 is strong against the run and have been generating a tough pass rush. Seymour will line up mostly on brick and I feel confident he can win that. The issue will be up the middle where shaunghessy has been getting TONS of pressure up the middle. Mangold missing this game could be an issue there. McClain is a damn good all around LB who plays like a vet already. Wimbley is primarily a speed rush type LB so Hunter will have his hands full again.

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

If our OL gets any worst every game is going to be hard and relly on defense and special teams just to stay in a game. The OL is a real concern

10. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

It won't be blacked out. Lots of Raider fans.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Campbell can take off if he needs to. 3rd downs are going to be an issue unless our D spys him.

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Traveling to the west coast is always a pain to deal with, the fact that right afterwards we have to go to Baltimore and to NE makes this game vital. Richard Seymour worries me with our offensive line and until we fix our offensive line I see another inconsistent game with ground and pound.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Agree with both of these posts. I don't doubt we'll win, but I can see this being a tough game. One of those Jets games where the game is won on plays in the final few minutes.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Jets crushed Oak 38-0 with a less experienced QB and only 1 CB.

Oak had MCFadden and Aso on the team. Granted, Fat Gholston was the QB but when Gradkowski came in they were moving the ball.

Now our QB is better, the OL is a bit shakier, but our D is much stronger, especially with 2 good CBs.

Oak should be a win. I don't expect a shutout, but 24-10 or 30-16.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Another absolute must win for the Jets with Baltimore and New England coming up immediately on the heels of this game and without Mangold.

16. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I think we're going to do ok without Mangold, but Oakland should not be overlooked. Historically we don't do very well in Oakland, I'm not sure why.

17. GreenMachine

No they are not. They gave up 217 yards on the ground to Buffalo.

This is a good D:

The Jets last 17 defensive drives: 6 punts, 5 INTs, 1 fumble, 1 blocked punt, 1 safety, 1 FG, 1 end of half, 1 end of game

18. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

The raiders stadium is called "O.co"? I know is all about who pays the most money but geeze, embarrassing.

19. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

Raider fan here. Been one for 32 years now.

Here's the deal with the Raiders: Damn good offense, solid special teams, and a defense that negates the good efforts of the offense and special teams.

Make no mistake about it, our defense is that bad. We run the same simple single high safety that we have for some 25 years now.
    We often look like we're playing good D in the first half because the opposing quarterback is thinking "there's no way in hell they're running this high school defense, they must be disguising something". By halftime it's realized that yes, we really are running such a defense. Defensive meltdown ensues.

We're also really thin at DB and our LB's still don't know how to cover their gaps, which results in long runs like what happened yesterday. The Bills had 5 possessions in the second half: they scored 5 touchdowns. The stink is putrid the defensive side of the ball for the Raiders.

Once in a while though, some team comes along that just happens to match up poorly against us. They might do fine against defensive schemes that weren't into Huey Lewis and the News back in '84 but for some reason they sh!t the bed against us. But that only happens a couple of times a year. I don't know how you guys match up against us because I only follow my team closely.

But I do know that LT plays for you guys. Some of us have genes that code for height, weight, hair color, etc. LT has a gene that codes for a crystal meth type enhanced performance against the Raiders.

All that said, you guys will have trouble with our offense. If you do manage to stop McFadden, which is possible, that's not going to kill us. We have a really versatile scheme that makes use of every production player on the field. If you guys do decide to put two guys on McFadden or have a spy for him the entire time you'll get eaten alive by everyone else. Even our second string TE can make catches and has a nose for the first down marker. Hell, our FB is a bigger passing threat than most teams starting TE. Our 0-line is solid too. They ain't perfect but they can protect the qb.

Jason Campbell takes a lot of crap both from Raider fans and around the league. I'll admit that I thought bringing him to Oakland was another Alzheimer's worthy move by Al Davis but the guy won me over. He's a good quarterback. I wouldn't say so if I didn't honestly believe it.

As for Sanchez, he's a good game manager. If he doesn't make some bonehead throw as he's apt to do at times, there's no reason you guys don't walk out of Oakland with a W. If he just takes what's given and throws the ball away when there's nothing there, it'll be okay because at some point our D will melt the F down.

I think we (the Raiders) have a chance to win this one but the ball's gonna have to bounce our way. We need to take every tick off the clock, and even if we don't score we need to get at least a first down or two on nearly every possession. Our special teams need to make some plays too.

But really, if your offense doesn't shoot itself in the foot our D will likely hand this one to you.

Oh, and if the Raiders don't go to the playoffs I'll be rooting for you guys. I'm sick of Pittsburgh and I hate New England even more than any AFC rival (god, how I hate them). I also read a lot about Namath when I was a kid so I've always liked to see the Jets do well. Then if you win the Superbowl I'll have to begin hating the Jets as well as their obnoxious New York fans:grin:.

20. Static

Static New Member

im thinking Jets 27 Raiders 13