The Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch! - ESPN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Sep 19, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

2. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

It can't be denied that Fitzpatrick is playing at a high level right now. But Henne sucks. Period.

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

ESPN never seems to amaze me with there utter stupidity.

4. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

4th best in the AFC east is a last place QB in the division

5. 624

624 Banned

Why are they allowed to use past accomplishments in evaluating every other QB, but when it comes to Sanchez it's always on a weekly basis?

Every time the Jets are in a comeback situation, the clueless commentator says "this is a chance for Sanchez to show he has what it takes"

Then he does it, and it doesn't matter the next time he's in that situation.

6. ........

........ Trolls

That'll change. Sanchez should be 3rd after Week 2. Of course, the most important number:

Sanchez 2-0
    Henne 0-2

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Sanchez - AFC Championship
    Brady - Divisional Round
    Henne & Fitzpatrick - Missed playoffs

There's your ranking.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I prefer to rate my quarterbacks in alphabetical order. Sanchez is 1st in the division and Henne is a distant second.

9. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Wtf alphabet are you using?

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Maybe Russian?

11. kid_b

kid_b New Member

Henne vs. Sanchez is laughable at this point. There were even Favre rumors circulating around Miami this offseason, for fuck's sake. Fitz vs. Sanchez is a bit more interesting. I mean, we can point out playoff/regular season records and such. And honestly, like the rest of us, I could careless about stats as long as we win the damn game. But we can't deny how much greater our team is than Buffalo (unless you ask Physco). Will Fitzpatrick come back down to earth with that line? You better believe it; but at this junction of an early season, Sanchez has been the 3rd best QB in the AFC East. No question.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

13. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

That's what Jet fans don't get. With the talent on the rest of the team, if the Jet's even had a top 12 NFL QB, the Jet's would already have a 2nd Lombardi. The Jets are good with Sanchez, they should be great. Sanchez barley breaks into the top 16, annoint him all you want, he is holding you back.

14. Static

Static New Member

I think Henne is starting to show he is improving this year, just too bad the coaching staff didn't focus on anything else.

15. TheGreenCantona

I agree with you on a certain sensitivity to the Sanchez debate on this forum, but let me understand this correctly: if sanchez was the ~12th QB in the league instead of the ~16th we would have 2 superbowls? hmmm
    I think a fair assessment is that Sanchez is somewhere in the middle of the pack of NFL QBs at the moment, but he is clearly improving (despite the medias claim to the contrary) and the only relevant quiz is ceiling and trajectory.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

By this logic Philip Rivers should have 3+ superbowl rings.

17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

he should. but norv turner is his coach.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Fitzpatrick is in his 7th year so I'll compare Sanchez in his 7th year, hopefully by that time Sanchez will have a QB friendly OC, not someone who is just trying to teach him to be a game manager. Fitz has had a great two games, obviously the Chiefs are one of the worst, if not the worst team in football and Kyle Orton gave the Radiers secondary trouble too.

The Bills face the Pats next week, so Fitz should throw for over 400 yards. Doesn't look like they face a real D until week 5 when the play Philly.

Sanchez completion percentage is up and that is all everyone talked about this offseason, so they can enjoy that.

As you can see Mark is comfortable with Keller, and Holmes, but still needs to build chemistry with Mason and Plax.

I hate the way Schotty has handled Sanchez, this kid has all the tools to be a great QB and if they don't get rid of Schotty soon he'll coach it all out of him.

Henne sucks dick.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What Pats fans don't get is that Schotty is a tool, if he had Charlie Weis it'd be a whole different story.

Look at Cassel last year, look at him this year. Same players, different OC.

Cassel this year has 1 TD and 4 INTs, did his talent just disappear like a fart in the wind, no it's coaching.

Despite that Sanchez has always come up big when needed. We have not lost any playoff game because of him.

20. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I don't necessarily like Shotty as a playcaller/OC, but I have no issue with his ability in developing QBs. I think Sanchez continues to improve, and I think Shotty is partly responsible for that.

The Jets have had one of the best defenses in the league the past few years, and they have known they could win games as long as they didn't let their young QB do too much and lose the game.

They continue to give Sanchez more responsibility, and with the way this team is built I think they are going at the right pace with him. So far I am fine with the way Shotty has coached Sanchez.