If the Jets were New England...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Wides

Wides Banned

You've got to earn it.
    [YOUTUBE]z0XAI-PFQcA[/YOUTUBE]

2. AFCBEAST

AFCBEAST New Member

ummm...didn't they beat jacksonville and SD to get to the sb?
    This cheating thing is a dead horse imo

3. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I wish they would "cheat" more .. I want a bazzilion trophies .. I want more "cheaters" on the team .. :shit:

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Klecko73

I don't know what i like better - Your post, or your signature :wink:

Great post. I feel the same way whenever our player moves our concerned, i.e. the tale of both Ellis's. Had we signed their aging vet for that money it would be hailed as foolish, and had they taken Kennrick in round three it'd be a sure steal, character "issues" dismissed.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah well because I know you care, I have Gronkowski in both my FF leagues.

6. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

Gronkowski is the only player I have in my 20 Fantasy Football leagues. He plays every position, and I won every game around 353-70.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Pats have a 3X SB winning QB and HC. The Jets are a team that has competed for a wild card spot and made a mini-run in the playoffs 2 years in a row. There should be a big difference in reaction/perception that surrounds the teams.

The perception is for the Jets to take it to the next step they will need an elite D coupled with an excellent OL and good solid QB play. The reality is our D was over matched until Dez Bryant came up lame. Our OL was over matched and the QB play wasn't solid.

Granted we got a win, granted it's the first game of the season. The perception/reaction is based on the fact that we want to see this team compete and win a SB. What we saw on Sunday night shows that we have a long way to go to really be a contender despite the win. We need to get substantially better in many phases of the game to be the kind of team many of us think and want the team to be.

8. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

lmao .... nice ...

[​IMG]

9. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

This comment just makes you look silly to me. Everyone in their right mind knows that its been common practice across the league for years, the fact that BB was so bold about it was the only thing that got him into trouble, and as a Jets fan, You should not even be bringing it up due to the fact that the worst cheating I have ever seen happened by the Jets coaching staff, trying to trip a dude on the sidelines is not only cheap and classless, its also reckless and shows no regard for the health and safety of the NFL players at all.

Trying to minimize all the Pats achievements due to spygate is also classless. I guess 2007 and their regular season 16-0 record didn't speak loud enough to people like you. Get out of here with that crap man, seriously.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The 16 and 0 season spoke volumes. The Pats had the best team in NFL regular season history, 2 weeks to prepare for a good Giants team and they were out game planned, out coached and out played. The Pats haven't won a playoff game since yet they were the long favorite all 3 times.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Look around the league, everyone thought defenses were going to come out strong and offenses would be a lockout casualty. It's the exact opposite pretty much league wide.

Some experts have picked the Cowboys to go deep into the playoffs, so the caliber of team we just played is still unknown. Our oline needs to get back into a rhythm, they played bad for this game that is true.

The QB was very solid and I say that because of the sentence above this one. Running for his life on nearly every play and still had 2 TDs, and 335.

I love that you blame Dex Bryant coming up lame and not the fact that Revis shut him down after he caught pass on him. Dez had 2 on Cro, 1 of which was just a great catch in the EZ and the ONE on Revis.

Overall we must get better, that is for sure. Even with all that was going on, I know for a fact that had we not blocked that punt Sanchez would've drove us down for the score anyway, because that's what he does.

12. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

I agree completely man. I just hate when people bring up spygate and try to use it as the reason the Pats won 3 SBs.

They didn't even play that bad against the Giants in 07, that lucky catch was what sealed it, and anyone that saw it knew it was a very lucky, and very rare catch.

13. MadBacker Prime

Pretty crazy to think that the Pats last playoff win came in the 07 season. Since that time two 1 and dones at home.

Ravens just waxing the Pats and of course our lovely win. Obviously the issue overall is not offense, it has been the defense.

I love that they have a wicked old dline this year, and their very weak at safety.
    This weekends game vs San Diego should be a much better test for them. If they don't fix the D quick Rivers could end up throwing for a 1,000 yards.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Then there's no way you have the right Gronkowski.

Your score should have been infinity to 0. Gronkowski, even though, not involved in other games has the final say on scoring.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I co-sign this 100%.

I said it before on here and in person to my buddies in the 4th quarter.
    My whole outlook has changed for the Jets. Games I knew were "out of reach" are no longer that. The defense has always put the Jets offense in a position to win with key plays.

The offense has shown they can hold the rope and not let the defense down. The Jets are playing together like a team. Something I haven't seen in a long time. That should be scary enough for the opposition.

#115 GQMartin, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Bryant comming up lame reduced the Dallas passing attack substantially. Going from a three headed monster to a two headed monster is significant when the Jets have 1 shut down corner. It changed the entire matchup from their favor to ours.

17. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

If this guy comes back under a new name, can I wield a "guest ban-hammer?"

Way to perpetuate the negative stereotypes, asshat. If you're still trolling... WE GOT SMOKED IN JANUARY. Just accept it, move on, and hope for better results next time.

18. MadBacker Prime

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great post. Football games come down to a 1/2 dozen plays or so most of the times. You make those plays you usually win, if you don't you lose. On the occasion that the game is dominated by one team, it does not matter. In this game, we made the plays, they did not. 1st and goal and fumbling, not converting 3rd and short, interception to Revis, blocked punt.... we made them, they did not