Week 1 Cowboys @ Jets 9/11/2011 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Calvin, Sep 2, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

I hope, Meriweather blows.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Cowboys are still questionable when it comes to their back end. That secondary has continued to show the same problems as last season.

Watch for Sean Lee, he makes tons of tackles and flies to the football. Ware is someone who Brick can take on and win against, and he's usually on the right side most of the game.

Rob will help that D, but they aren't going to scare anyone unless their DBs stop getting burned.

Their offense is predicated on two things - Felix Jones, and giving Romo time. With 3 new starters on the OL, it'll be up to the veterans on the line and Romo making calls to stop the Jets' D.

Here's the intangible - Romo isn't a clutch QB. Its beyond proven. They pressure him and he'll fold, especially late in the game.

I don't see the Jets losing, but if they do its by 4.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I'm worried about our team not being in sync. i sensed it before the baltimore game that all the hype/excitement/launch of a new stadium was going to be an issue.

I think all that is lowered a notch, especially because they have more confidence in sanchez and the offensive gameplan won't be such horseshit, but for some reason i still have those jitters. I think our defense will play extremely well though

The reassuring thing is how bad the cowboys secondary is. Newman sucks, jenkins had promise initially but is constantly out of position lately, and fuckin elam is their starting safety. Sensabaugh is absolute garbage.

The one kid though, Ball, I think he's going to be a good corner. stepped in last year and did a good job.

I think cro will be on dez and revis on austin for most of the game. The biggest problem will obv be Witten given the way we've covered TEs

4. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

My concern is Witten, Witten, and Witten.

5. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

send the face smasher in to wreck him.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Yeah Witten will be a tall task for our defense, while Ware, if Rob lines him up opposite Hunter, will be a tough task for our OL in pass pro...

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i have not been paying much attention this offseason as usual, but isnt Mike Jenkins, and Terrence Newman both fucked up? And Miles Austin?

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i stopped worrying about the d after beating peyton in the playoffs.when rex said "i may be stubborn but i am not stupid" it showed that he has figured out that laying off the blitz and running some zone in the middle can be effective.if witten starts off hot rex will shut it down quickly.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

10. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Hard to argue this regarding Witten ... but i will turn it around and ask who they have that can handle DK?

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

nobody. But, DK has never been the focal point of our offense. When he is on fire, we never seem to run a game through him, be it schottys fault or otherwise. Witten has routinely been made the go-to-guy over his career.

that said, I think DK is primed for a big year, and every defense we face is going to be more worried about what the guys on the outside can do to them, so the middle will be left more or less singled up. Meaning Keller will have plenty of opportunities to succeed this year.

12. Diamond Dad

Diamond Dad New Member

After the last couple of years when the Jets could not establish dominance at home, this is the game where the fans need to be totally up and loud. Romo can be rattled. If the Jets can get this game, it propels them toward a great home season, but a loss would be a disappointment (again).

I'm worried about security for this game being crazy with all the 9-11 ceremonies etc. We're going to have to be in line to clear security 45 min. before game time or we'll miss kickoff, which sucks because the tailgate parties should be fabulous.

Look for the Jets offense to be very conservative early, which will annoy the fans, but which will leave it up to the D to make a big play. Classic Rex. If we fall behind, then they will turn Sanchez loose, but up to then, things will be pretty close to the vest.

What's the over/under on when the Jets roll out the first Wildcat play with Kerley handling the ball?

Should be fun. I can't wait!:jets:

13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Our defense is always dominate in the beginning of the season

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

With that being said, I could probably start a whole new topic with this. Last year the tight end position killed us, not quite as bad as the year before but have we improved on defending the tight end position this year?

15. 624

624 Banned

Someone broke our opponenet's tight end position in every game down last year (might've been Miamipuck?) and it really wasn't anywhere near as bad as it seemed.

I think we are just so spoiled by Revis that every single average completion on our defense seems like a failure. We just have to remember that the other team's trying to win too.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Rob Ryan is going to put DWare all over Hunter this game.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

holy shit best one was one of the first

"You see, it all started when this big hurricane came along and wiped out all East coast teams..."

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah i mentioned that earlier. no way you ask ur best pass rusher to negate himself against brick. id also line him up at ILB over slauson a few plays.

19. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Offense vs. Cowboys D
    If they can keep Ware blocked there are alot of holes to be taken advantage of

run D has looked very soft with James and Brooking over the hill

Kenyon Coleman is starting for them

Newman and Jenkins have not played a snap in preseason and are coming off of sub par years. Scandrick is a pretty solid nickel corner though. They do not have anyone close to be physical with Plax.

Elam and Sensabaugh are a questionable safety duo

Jay Ratliff is good but Mangold should be able to handle him

Defense vs. Cowboys O
    Revis, Cromartie, Austin & Bryant - WOW, that is some athleticism. Austin hasn't played in preseason. They really don't have any other WRs. Ogletree is very average.

Felix Jones has looked real good in preseason and could give us trouble on swing passes. They are cold on Choice and love DeMarco Murray.

Witten is still good. Martellus Bennett is hurt and wont play.

Trust me, their o-line will be better without the old fat Gurode, Columbo and Leonard Davis. I think we can take advantage of their youth but they will be better as the season wears on. They really like Costa and T Smith will be a beast.

This is a perfect game for MS to get off to a good start as long as they keep DWare blocked. Defense should dominate as long as they contain Jones.

24-10

20. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Reading most of these posts makes it sound like Dallas sucks, when in all reality they arent that bad and have alot of talent.

There O line is starting 3 new guys this year but our O line other than Brick/Nick has looked like shit.

There D can play at times, if Mark is not under control right in the begining and we start having multiple 3 and outs this is going to be a long game.

This game along with this entire season is going to boil down to Mark being the true franchise QB, maybe 3700 yards 24 td's and no more than 12 ints.