A little help for a fellow Jets fan

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by TonyM2015, Aug 16, 2011.

1. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

Hey all, Jets fan here in miami! Ive been to new york once and i plan on attending the home opener against dallas. Im coming with three other friends, and we had somewhere to crash in manhanttan. Those plans fell through unfortunately, my question to you is this. Is it easy to get to the stadium by subway? Where would be a good place to stay to be in the middle of the action cause we plan to do some site seeing around the city before gameday on sunday night. Any and all help would be much appreciated. :jets:

2. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You can't get there taking the subway you have to take the train. Your best bet would be to get on the train from Penn Station to Secaucus Junction and from the Secaucus Junction you would take the train that goes into the Meadowlands. Probably a 30/40 minute trip in total.

3. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

Thanks for your response! Question. Is the Metro pass good for the train as well or is it a separate ticket? Also where do you recommend we find a hotel at? We want to do sight seeing in manhanttan, times square, etc but also be not that far away from the stadium as more than likely we wont be taking a taxi to get back to the hotel, we figure public transportation will be the best way to go. Thanks again for all the help!

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You don't have to take the train, there is the bus option @ port authority which for many is easier depending on where they are in NYC. :wink:

Here are some options:
    http://www.newmeadowlandsstadium.com/directions.php

Tony, the "Subway" isn't the same train system used to get to the Meadowlands so you can't use a metrocard. The Subway is the MTA of NY and the Train for the stadium is part of NJ Transit.

afa where to stay, that depends on how much you want to spend for a hotel and where you want to spend your free time.

#4 Royal Tee, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  5. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

Well i was thinking of looking for a place in jersey city. It seems like a good midpoint between the city and the stadium. Well i guess i will figure it out somehow.. can't wait to experience my first game in NY. The stadium will be rocking that night!

6. Diamond Dad

Diamond Dad New Member

There is a Hampton Inn at 50th and 8th that is nice and not awful expensive. Walk to Times Square and Theaters. That's where I usually stay in Manhattan (if not on expense account).

For game day, take the #1 train from 50th and Broadway down to Penn Station (2 Stops). Buy a ticket for Meadowlands (NJ Transit - not Amtrak), which includes the transfer. Get on the next train to Seacaucus. Transfer at Seacaucus for Meadowlands. On game day, there are lots of trains. It's really no problem.

7. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I've stayed there, nice hotel, convenient location.