17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

sitting in the verizon corner now,the rain was still everywhere. had to walk along the wall so the rain wouldnt get on me. water pouring down in the concourse they didnt do shit

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

"sitting in the verizon corner now,the rain was still everywhere. had to walk along the wall so the rain wouldnt get on me. water pouring down in the concourse they didnt do shit "

17A I feel for you and all the other guys that are sticking it out with your tickets but everytime I read one of these posts it makes me SO GLAD THAT I GAVE EM UP. My buddies who gave them up were texting me all night about how glad they were that WE did'nt have to waste our ca$h and sit there in the freaking rain, and watch a meaningless game.

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Did you send that message 45 hours ago and it just got here ??

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Fucking turncoat. For 3 years it was "Pepsi Corner All The Way." Then he goes Verizon like it's nothing.

JK of course. In actuality, I still do feel a commaraderie with ALL the UD guys, whatever corner, sideline or EZ. We fucking held out man. Seriously, I don't think I could move downstairs now. No way. I WANT to be up here with the old-timers and guys who fought the fight, Pats-Hater included man.

5. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I had the opportunity Sunday to sit downstairs for the game. I usually am upstairs in 317. Instead I was 117. HUGE difference in viewing the game. Everything closer.

Now I don't mind the uppers but I really did like the view from the sideline downstairs. Last season I sat behind Fireman Ed for one game in the endzone and didn't like the view. I caught myself looking at the screens when the action was on the other side of the field.

Sad the hear not much has changed upstairs as I will be there this season. Verizon corner, here I come. Full bladder or not.

6. Section 227. Row 5

The design was flawed from the git-go and I don't think there's anything that can be done about most of it. The biggest flaw was the BASIC design. Who builds a football stadium with such a flattened out footprint? The sightline distances to the field are worse than the old Shea (Baseball) Stadium, for Christ's sake. Overhangs that are non-existant, practically no cover from the elements anywhere no matter how much you pay (Club being the exception, of course).

So the basic design was FU from the beginning, and then it continued to go downhill and pile on after that... mistake after mistake. Tiny sizes of men's rooms with NO CHANCE of handling a halftime crowd. This is compounded by entrance and exit restrictions to and from them. Restricted escalator turnarounds designed to accomodate a stadium crowd of 30,000. Water invasion with blowing winds (they didn't know you get wind-driven rain in the Meadowlands)?

All this was etched in stone when the concrete was poured. It's there now, permanently, and there's very little that can probably be done to correct most of it. You could add an exerior people-moving escalator to the sides of the building with a direct shot up at the beginning of the game and then reversing it to go down only at the end of the, like they used to do at Giants Stadium. But of course, you'd ruin the "asthetic" look of the exterior by construcing this.

Somebody approved all this shit and signed off on it. I personally would have rejected the entire basic design from the start and told the architect he has one more chance to build a better footprint or he's fired. Design a tighter footprint with better views that can still accomodate all the luxury bullshit or hit the fucking road. All else fails, you go pick out a stadium somewhere in the country that you really like and hire that design/bulider to put the same one here in the Meadowlands. It's not fucking rocket science.

#12346 Section 227. Row 5, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's not hard to understand what happened. They built a suites & clubs building for people to watch the Jets, and that stadium thingy around it was an afterthought.

Architects spent 90% of their time designing the S&C, 10% for everything else

8. Section 227. Row 5

It would be like designing a shopping mall around gigantic food courts and getting so into the food courts that you forget you're designing a shopping mall with SHOPS in it!

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Basic design flaw: The upper corners are exposed to the elements. Unknown if the designers realized the place would be in the northeast and there can be a variety of elements involved between August thru January.

I can understand subjecting the lower paying customers to some elements but the working staff can't work the corners during the rain either. Rain on top of food vendors. Good idea Einstein.

The bathroom design was a fail as well.

You wonder who signs off on this shit when you are spending the kind of money the Jets/Giants did. Sad really.

10. Section 227. Row 5

I'll tell you exactly who signed off on this shit. Woody Johnson, Mara and Tisch did.

No one can ever sell me on the idea that Woody Johnson is a "good owner" when it comes to his live, stadium-attending fan base. He fucked them over pretty good.

If he takes us to 14 SuperBowls in a row, good for him and all of his TV fans, sponsors, financial supporters and "rights" suck-ups. But nobody will ever convince me that he cared for his loyal (live) supporters. The ones who stuck with this franchise though thick and thin and paid the freight through the thin years. He stepped over them like flies on shit.

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I am full aware you are not a fan of Woody and several mistakes were made with the whole season ticket holder relocation farce but I still would not call Woody a bad owner.

A bad owner would be a guy like Al Davis who repeats the same mistakes over and over.

Woody has hired folks who are making the team look good as of late. The player and personnel moves have been pretty good. He opened a state of the art training facility and found a sponsor for it. His regime has made the Jets relevent. He tried to move to NY but was thwarted.

Even though the stadium is not perfect, many ticket holders are satisfied with what they have. You yourself, after some grinding, have been able to secure decent seats right?

Woody Johnson perfect? No. But he is doing a pretty good job in my book. Just wished he were more of an architect when I'm getting wet on the concourse of the upper deck.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Upper Level Single Game Tickets Pre-Sale Tomorrow at 10am

Thank you for your opinion.

Meanwhile, here's Woody's latest email scam: Upper Level Single Game Tickets Pre-Sale Tomorrow at 10am

By all means go for this one. Use code VIP2011 tomorrow morning. Fill up those worthless UD seat behind us. These seats are unbelievable values!

13. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

There's "likeus" for Facebook going on now too.

14. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

and some other BS for twitter. the idea that you need some special code to buy the tickets is a joke, it's just a way for the Jets to trace which advertising source generates most revenue for them.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No secret I no longer have season tickets-----I got the same e-mail as you guys---> never opened it---> I deleted it ASAP:up:

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Tomorrow im calling again.havent complained in awhile.

17. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

I love how I asked the reps ahead of time this year (so I can plan out money-wise and asking my friends too for theirs) when they'd go onsale and 3 reps flat out said we are not selling tickets this year.

18. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Can you blame them? They would rather sell tickets by the season then sell them for each game. Seems like a smart move to me!

19. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

Now all these low row tickets for the Cowboys and Patriots (sideline and endzone) are available.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know if any of you guys with PSLs can call up and get extra seats the day before the game in other PSL locations at face value. I bet they will accommodate you