How is wheelchair seating?

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by macbk, Aug 24, 2011.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

My father is currently in a wheelchair (and will be for a while longer), and I'd like to go to a game with him this season.

What should I know about buying wheelchair seating tickets? How does the parking pass work?

2. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

I'd call about the parking, but I'd have to assume that no matter what, one gets to park right in the front by the stadium...I doubt that there's orange handicapped parking or even yellow. The seating varies throughout the stadium but they're basically platforms in whatever sections participate and you get a folding chair if you're a companion.

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Lot G which is a club/green parking lot has handicap parking spaces right in front of the West Gate.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info fellas.

What about finding wheelchair accessible seats on Stubhub for games? Is there a way to narrow down my search that I don't see looking at the site right now, or do I have to search and hope seats pop up?

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

call the jets. section 330 has wheelchair seating front row.thats right next to me

6. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

Here's from the ticketmaster page when you click on the gray request accessible:

Request Accessible Seating Tickets

The New Meadowlands Stadium is fully accessible including all concession stand locations, merchandise stands, ATM’s and seating areas. Accessible seating for guests with special needs is available on all levels and in all price ranges. Elevator entrances are located on the northwest, southwest and northeast corners of the stadium. Ramps are located at the north and south entrances. Seats with removable armrests are located throughout the building. A limited number of wheelchairs are located at the entrance gates to transport guests with limited mobility to their seating area. Guests may contact the New Meadowlands Stadium at 201-559-1515 or ADAinfo@nmstadco.com for more information or any additional needs.

Telephone Number(s):

New Meadowlands Stadium Information: 201-559-1515 or ADAinfo@nmstadco.com
    New York Giants ADA Ticket Purchase: 201-935-8222
    New York Jets ADA Ticket Purchase: 973-549-4600

For wheelchair accessible and limited mobility patrons, please click the back button and look for the ticket description similar to "Early Onsale:Wheelchair Accessible" or for the public onsale "Wheelchair Patrons & Companions". Please request the total number of wheelchair plus companion seats or limited mobility plus companion seats within the same wheelchair dropdown box so you may sit together.

For ADA guests attending Jets or Giants events, please call the teams at the numbers listed above.

Service Hours:

Guests can purchase tickets to non-NFL events at the Izod Center Box Office or at the New Meadowlands Stadium Box Office. The Izod Center is located at 50 Route 120, East Rutherford, NJ 07073 and their hours are Monday-Friday from 11am-6pm. The New Meadowlands Stadium Box Office is located inside the West Gate at the Stadium and their hours are Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. The New Meadowlands Stadium is located at 102 Route 120, East Rutherford, NJ 07073. Parking is available in Lot G for the Box Office. Accessible seats for NFL events can only be purchased through the teams, and are not available at Izod Center or the New Meadowlands Stadium Box Offices.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I just called, I believe the correct number (that dhettrick55 posted), and was transferred to a Jeff Hecker (I believe that was a his last name) who said I can purchase wheelchair seating from him for either $95 or $101. He didn't sound all that professional to me in his tone of voice and responses though.

Would anyone want to do me a big favor and do a followup a followup phonecall with him to see if I'm either reading into the phonecall I had with him too much or if I'm on to something. The # is 973-549-4601. I guess you would ask about purchasing wheelchair seats and see what he says, and how he says it. Maybe ask how is he affiliated with the Jets.

#7 macbk, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  8. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I would assume that if you called the Jets ticket office and they transferred you over to a sales rep so that you could buy tickets, it wouldn't be a scam. But hey, that's just my opinion of the situation.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I went to the Bengals preseason game with my father-in-law, a disabled veteran. Because of the wet weather and the hustle to get into the stadium before we got soaked, my father-on-law's replaced knee was giving him all sorts of issues. He approached some folks at the stadium who were more than helpful in seating him (and I and my kids as well) on one of the ramps reserved for wheelchairs. The customer service clerk took our tickets and gave us wristbands allowing us to remain in the handicap area.

The folks at the stadium were more than helpful toward my father-in-law. Our seats for that game were for Sec. 117 and they seated us atop the handicap ramp above Sec. 118.

10. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

Just buy any ticket. They will trade out your tickets for wristbands and seat you in the closest wheelchair area. The new stadium has wheelchair areas on all levels. The service was really nice and they won't accept tips even. They have secret elevators to use too.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Any idea how the view from the 300+ Sections are for the wheelchair areas? I found tickets for the Jags game (Week 2) Upper Endzone/Sideline for $30-$35 a piece, I'm a fan of that price.

12. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

The wheelchair platforms are in the endzones in front of the permanent seating. It was a very good view. Not having people standing up or walking in front of me was very nice.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Sweet. I'm going to buy tickets from Stubhub and the parking pass from NFL Ticket Exchange.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've never been a fan of the EZ, but at that price and for that close to the rail, how can you go wrong?

Do it, dude.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Yup, went with Section 330 for $35 each ticket. As 17a said, there is a wheelchair area in that section, so I am hoping I will be relocated in that same section, and no elsewhere, because the view (from the virtual stadium tour I saw online), looks great.

I was told by a Jet rep to buy an Orange parking pass, which I did do, and when I get to the Verizon Gate, just show them the ticket and say I need Wheelchair Accommodation and things should/will be taken care of from there.

I'm pumped :) , it's his first time at the new stadium. He's really looking forward to it.

#15 macbk, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

D'oh, I just realized something. I hope this is a non-issue.

I just realized the tickets I printed out (instead of a hardpaper pair), do not say my name on it (it says Purchased By: Michael W_____). I thought I might have entered in the wrong Debit Card #, but I checked my bank account and the $81.95 for the two tickets were indeed deducted from my account.

Is this a non-issue? Does it just mean that Michael W________ purchased the tickets electronically and put them on Stubhub to sell and that's why his name is on them and not mine? *The tickets were bought on Stubhub, but the printout was Ticketmaster, not Stubhub.*

I don't want to go to the Stadium and find out there is a problem and they won't let me into the game.

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

You have nothing to worry about! The tickets do not have to have your name printed on them.

Stubhub does not reissue NFL tickets like they do for the MLB and that is why your name is not printed on them.

When a season ticket holder downloads his/her tickets from their account it has their name printed on them. The only way it would have another name is if they sent them to somebody and change the name themselves.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up! I figured this was a non-issue, but I asked to play it safe.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, you're good to go even with the other name on there. I think they want to be able to check where they originated from (Michael W's account) if they have to.

After he has "forwarded" them from his Jets My Account, his hard copy tix will be void and yours will be the only ones valid for those seats. Theoretically, he could try to sell the hard copies on the street, so this is always a possibility if somebody is stupid enough to try it, but the fact that his name is on there means nothing, really. If you got them from SH, they'll stand behind them.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Anyone else going to the Jags game?