17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

I certainly agree that buying a STH in order to sell all 10 games is not a good deal. However, most STH sell few or none of their games and, if you are going to go to most of the games and, of course, afford it. you are better off getting seats where you will enjoy watching those games for the next 15-20 years

just my opinion, of course

2. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Look at those Upper Deck Sideline seats! Wow, you would be better off not buying the whole season and picking up those 8 regular season games off of Stubhub.

Those Lower Sideline seats look like the best bang for the buck. That is if one can afford the PSL attached to them.

Looking at the chart above should make most rethink being a Season Ticket Holder. The smart move would be to just pick up tickets off of Stubhub and TicketExchange.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The way to look at that isn't with the goal of selling the 10 games, but with the goal of getting the best deal possible. If you see that games are going for below your cost, it's not about "losing X amount on resales", it's about being able to see the same game for "X less", so why pay more and have the hassle of unloading the games you can't use. The other benefit is to be able to pick and choose the seats you want and be a tourist in the stadium

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Growing up, I probably went to 1 PS every year at Texas Stadium as people gave my dad tickets to the games. When you are 6-10 years old, even a PS game is awsome.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Outside of the SROs in Dallas the PSL seats are way, way, way pricier then Woody priced his & he left the UD unPSL no matter what his reason was for doing it.

Certainly now that Woody has completely turned around the reason to be a STH outside of a very few seats in the stadium (as a example UD sideline prime) there is really little reason to be a STHer with so many game day tix being available for every game (not like in the old days)

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Exactly!! The value of each ticket is really known only to the STH and their particular circumstance.
    In my case:
    - I know that I will rarely be able to go to night games during the regular season. Because they tend to be the “best” games, I know that I am not going to get hurt on selling them. Indeed, I expect to make enough profit on their sales to pay for my $243 per year PSL payment.
    - That leaves me with my loss on preseason games. By donating the ticket to charity, I mitigate that loss a bit.
    - All in, I like my seats and know they are mine and in the lower bowl when I want them. Thus, they represent good value for me.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am parking in the garage tonight. Looks like 23 is for Orange. Its gonna be bad so the canopy is no good with the wind.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Have fun, man. My tickets are a bust as I couldn't sell them for $.20 on a dollar and cannot/wil not attend the game.

Will be watching on TV though. Go Jets and let's get a look at Plaxico finally!

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Here's the update for 1-hour before Game time (vs Bengals):

[​IMG]

295 tickets left before game time. Lower Goal Line and Mezz Endzone only had 4 listings to average. Although sideline average is 45.80 1with one hour to go, there is a listing for $24.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

To everyone that attended tonites game I hope you all enjoyed your evenings. As far as giving up my tickets-----rain soaked meaningless game and saving around $500 plus ------priceless:up:

heres to no injuries and getting out of the slop healthy:grin:

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

you gave up your tickets??????

wow, thanks for this news flash.... when??

why didn't you tell us about this before NOW???

please remind us about your momentous decision another 1400 times so we don't forget, mouseears...

12. Section 227. Row 5

13. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

Did anyone who went to the preseason game yesterday notice anything new/different about the stadium? It'll be interesting to see what changes were made now that the first beta season is in the books.

14. Section 227. Row 5

I'm hoping 314 has a SITREP (situation report) for us.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They did not any new bathrooms. What they did is take out some of the stalls, reconfigure the bathroom and add 96 urinals to the Upper deck. I am sitting in a new section so I don't have an apple to apple comparison on anything else. I loved my new seats, sitting between the 25/30. We walked in the 50 yard line entrance on the southside, there are plenty of General admission lines and its away from the train people. Took the escalator to the 100's, walked up to the 200's and then went to the southwest corner and took the escalator up to the 300's. Its worth it because the 50 yard line entrance is much, much less crowded as per some people we spoke to before the game that used it last year. We shall see. Also, on the 100's,to the left, there is a bar with tons of LCD's that's open the general public and it has Sunday ticket. Its like a different place entering from the middle vs. the corners, the place actually looks nice. Give it a shot. We still left using the stairs, the escalator situation has not changed at all, my buddy took it because of his bad back. Overall I am very happy, stairs and bathroom is right behind us.

#12335 sec314, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  16. JetsSec337Lot13B

I am in the same section. Bathroom was pretty much the same it looked like a few more urinals along one of the walls. I usually time my bathroom breaks out that I run down after third downs and miss the punt and I beat the crowd into the bathroom.

Getting into the stadium via the Pepsi gate SUCKED. I also noticed some people in front of me upgraded their seats to lower rows. I asked for the same thing and no luck because I only wanted a lower row if I'm on the aisle. There were some aisles but I'm done arguing this year.

Game plan next year is don't pay my bill until mid August. There's still plenty of good upper deck seats and if I renew during the preseason I can avoid paying for those games.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

18. Section 227. Row 5

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

SG3 u still here? You told us / posted a gazzilion times that "you were gone " and "not going to post anymore" still here? SHILL:rofl:

20. Section 227. Row 5

I am just now getting a good look at this thing and it is unbelievable. Really good job, GG.

Keep up the good work, man.