Burress

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jul 30, 2011.

1. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Wish that player was in #17 the last two seasons instead of the other one.....

2. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Guys, I'm going to start this by saying I am overreacting, BUT damn I think Burress is going to be a fucking beast this year. If he can look this good in a fucking preseason game, his first since being out of jail with barely any practice....then wow. We're going to destroy some fucking defenses this year, boys. All we need is for Mark to become consistent (and for Schotty to stop shitting all over himself on 3rd down calls)

3. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

im real fired up for our passing game after seeing burress play tonight. dude still got it

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

He looked pretty good. He did beat a 2nd stringer for that td I believe but it was still nice. He definitely looks like a guy with plenty of good football left.

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

you should just leave, because if you continue with absolute horse shit like this, you won't be here long.

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

[YOUTUBE]RuLzbAcbb-g[/YOUTUBE]

7. RevisCromartieisland

that throw was absolutely brilliant

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

"If you cant play for Rex Ryan, you shouldnt be playing in the NFL at all" - Plaxico Burress

Our WR

9. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i am very excited for plaxico this year, and he showed us a lot last night, but braylon played well for us in his time in new york, he wasnt the most well liked guy, but he blocked well and came up big for us in key situations ( see the texan game and the colt playoff game)...i am pumped to watch paxico, but i do appreciate what edwards did for us, and i dont think it's fair to say what you said...like it or not edwards was a very productive reciever with an inexperienced qb, with his biggest knock being his bad hands, he only had one drop last year, and he was a very good blocker

10. boxorox

boxorox Banned

I think Plaxico in his prime clearly and handily defeats Braylon in his prime. Does he still have that in him? I'm cautiously optimistic about it but we'll see. Way too early to say I'd prefer Plax over Braylon just yet, but I wouldn't be shocked if we're all saying it at the end of the season. In the meantime we got past the biggest leap last night...we know he doesn't suck. Damage will be done to lots of poor defenses, and it is glorious.

11. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

Burress came out and showed hes still got something left, and it was impressive if he can keep that up he could post some big numbers and become that big target Sanchez can use in the red zone. We were 30th in the league in td's from the red zone lets see if those numbers go up with the addition of plax.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Anyone else think the best part of that whole sequence was Sanchez calling out the blitz, realize the one on one coverage on Plax, changing the play at the line then going on a quick snap count? Then of course the throw and catch were just a thing of beauty!

13. Wides

Wides Banned

If burress was taco that never spoils, would you eat him now or save him until armageddon?

14. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

YEAH PLAX! awesome performance for his first game back...if he could play like that game in and game out our offense is going to be dominant....

all sanchez needs to do is if he reads a heavy blitz and there is one on one coverage on the outside to either holmes or plax... throw a jumpball to plax or hit holmes on a short route... you cant stop it...

not to mention keller looks sick as predicted... i expect a pro bowl season from the DK

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Burress is certainly on track. He looked great last night. I was a fan of his when he was on the Giants, so this is great.

16. ps5923

ps5923 New Member

i'm glad he looked good out there last night. Keep it up and I might have to order a new jersey

17. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

reason #23423541 why this forum was 100x better in 2005 when i first joined then it is now, having to scroll this type of retarded garbage to get to smart insightful posting is the main reason i rarely come here to talk jets football, which is a pity, bc there are a ton of people on here who are smart and interesting to read....any way you can screen noobs?

18. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

I agree with you. But Braylon doesn't catch that TD last night. Prob would have bounced off his facemask

19. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

not bad for a guy who hadent played in two seasons.

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Braylon is a poor man's Plaxico. Burress is an upgrade. We'll get a lot out of him, like Tomlinson last year, and I don't think the overuse issue will come into play ( different dynamic for WRs than RBs) He's in the right place at the right time, (w/Rex and looking to prove himself).

Jets gambled that hungry Plaxico would be more productive that satisfied Braylon. Of course, we'll be in the same situation w/Plaxico next year, but lets take it one game at a time.