Rob Turner's leg is broken

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Johnny English, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

I guess Damien Woody is NOT coming back:

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    For those asking, I've been told it's unlikely Damien Woody would return 2 #Jets. He's happy starting next phase of his life as ESPN analyst

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Who told Damien Woody he could analyze football? Get back on the field you cow.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Does Woody have a sister?

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

It's a shame you can't go on PUP for preseason/camp injuries.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

His wife is way too short.

Even for a center.

[​IMG]

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

At this rate, I would have welcomed Woody back with open arms.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Im all for signing Giant misfits one of the 3 must be servicable

But would love to see Woody back!

#168 Burnz, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  9. ........

........ Trolls

Probably anyone who has listened to him on Late Hits. He did a fantastic job broadcasting as a side gig while he was still playing.

10. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

everyone has their price....FO will be forced to test Woodies price..he WILL come back

..they say every man has a price in which they would fellatio another male........the average male is $2.7 million (includes PTSD) .......Iata's is abot 10k ehh

11. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Vlad is still practice-squad material and nothing more. Mike T. better find the funds for an interested and experienced OL or we're f****ed. I'm optimistic we can still sign someone better than Turner.

:finssuck:

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We'll be fine.

[​IMG]

13. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Ya know PED that this site has went from knowlegebleble football fans to very uninformed posters who degrade one another. Hence I have been here several years and posted very little. We are all NYJ fans here and why should we as adults continues to "bash" one another is beyound me. This was once a "premier site". Has all the losing affected your mentalities? I love the NYJs and hate lossing as much as the next guy, but why should we continue the "devide and conquere rule here? Let's look for simularities and not deferences and most important be "logical" on our approche. If I messpell something of made a typographical error, forgive me. I Am PART OF THE HUMAN RACE. We all make mistakes people of the planet Earth, lets move on to solving "the problem" and not adding to the many problems we all face in our daily lives, life is hard enought. Ya don't seem to get it but someday you will. I love what Rex means to this team, do you? He is to me the best head coach we ever had period. Stop bashing, or pick another team,yes I get mad at the Herm''s and the maginies that come along the way, they talked a good talk and couldn't back up shit. This is real talk. We got a PROVEN Defensive Coordinator to lead this team. Some of ya's don;t know a good thing when you see one. Enought said.

#173 JETFIGHTERS, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

While Woody could be the answer, really we just need a backup lineman we can trust in case of injury. Turner was the #1 backup across the board on the line. Plus, he was our main blocking tight end along with Mulligan.

Losing him is a blow. Obviously, it's not as big a blow as losing a starter, but our offense's success is built on that offensive line. It's hard to count on your offensive line to be as healthy as the Jets' line has been for this long. And even last year, we had Hunter to fall back on.

Right now, Ducasse is the #1 backup. While I'm not giving up on him long-term, from what we saw last game, he can't be trusted if someone goes down, or even gets nicked up and misses a quarter here or there.

I'm sure we'll find someone to replace him in the meantime in last cuts. But he probably won't be as effective as Turner, nor as versatile.

15. andi15ro

andi15ro New Member

too bad we lost rob turner, I liked the guy in hard knocks, he is Rex's guy when it comes to challenge D-Lineman.
    Shaun O'Hara wouldn't be bad as a backup, but i would like to see the guy from the Saints

16. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Thanks old friend JETFANMACK a "proven" poster from way back. Thats what i'm talking about. Where are the forgive me, the "back in the day " guys? Step up if you please and get this board mess "straightend out" like a old track of CL Smooth..."i reminiss"

#176 JETFIGHTERS, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  17. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

o hara

He signed awhile back with Miami.

18. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

I agree with the sentiment but your "writing" makes my brain yell.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree with your overall premise, but this forum is a media form designed specifically around conveying thought with the written word. When you put zero effort into forming or conveying your thoughts to the mini-hive brain of which message boards are comprised, the brain tends to burn you off as a clump of dead brain cells. The idea is to evolve thought processes, not devolve them into shallow impulsive thoughts that do nothing to add to the overall product.

In short, on message boards, even football message boards, constantly harping on grammar and spelling can be egregious to the flowing thought process of the collective, but expending zero effort to improve your spelling and grammar is unforgivable.

20. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Lot of mistakes in there....hope it was a joke lol